Let's support AJ

23 minutes ago, BFG said:

3rd or 4th round talent at 16 overall, let’s not keep encouraging a failure culture with this team.  Not only did we not improve but we  stood still while every other team in this division improved.  This means we moved backwards.

I wasn’t happy with the pick either but folks claiming he is a 3rd or 4th round talent look ignorant.  He was mocked by MANY to go late 1st or early 2nd.  He’s a Falcon now so gonna support the guy and that’s all there is to it.  I’ve been wrong many times and so has every other member on this board so I’m going to trust in the experts... which whether you like them or not is TD and DQ.  

BTW, with the run in CBs after our pick I have no doubt he would have went in the 1st.

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That and facing Chase he had no chance lol. Even without it Chase still slaughtered Henderson and Diggs but they ignore that.

He had a chance, it wasn’t his fault. All the holding Chase does should have been flagged. Chase is a dirty player :)

33 minutes ago, BFG said:

3rd or 4th round talent at 16 overall, let’s not keep encouraging a failure culture with this team.  Not only did we not improve but we  stood still while every other team in this division improved.  This means we moved backwards.

You're right, complaining will change everything, why support someone that's already on the team when we can complain until TD and DQ are fired!  So much more productive.

31 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

Don't like the pick, but AJ is a Falcon now, so I wish him nothing short of HUGE success.

If you did more research you would love the pick. It was a no brainer dude. Like the pick was in soon as it because our turn, but they just wasted time for dramatic effect. :)

29 minutes ago, kschreck said:

You're right, complaining will change everything, why support someone that's already on the team when we can complain until TD and DQ are fired!  So much more productive.

I hear your scarcasim but I agree about TD being fired.

Once Kinlaw was off the board and we weren't trading up or down, I said to myself it would be either AJ, Diggs or the corner from Mississippi State. While he wasn't my first choice, I think AJ will be a solid player. I think the Raiders were gonna pick him if we didn't but that's just me. I'm happy we still have our later picks, so hopefully we can make some moves.

Edited by V-Town Falcon

53 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Report was a 102 degree fever just double checked. Dabo and he both had flu symptoms during December but tested negative for it.

After the reports regarding concerns of Negative Flu tests from late last year likely being CoronaVirus....

That's crazy.

Edited by Snafu

1 hour ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

so last night I scratched my head..  I was pissed, i thought "isn't this the kid that got throttled by LSU".  I immediately thought ... troffed... 

But you know what, I thought about players I wanted and didn't want in the past.  

I just knew Vick Beasley was the guy,  I knew Darren MCFADDEN was the next AP,.   And was blown we took Ryan.

I hate to say it but us fans evaluate players by highlights and emotions..  the only person that should be evaluated is TD and DQ.. 

AJ has the tools to get better, thank God Julio and Ridley are there for him to practice against...

Thank God we have vets at safety that will help with the college-to-nfl transition..   

Right now he's a Falcon, and he hasn't done anything bad in that uniform, so .........#THATSmyCB

Exactly. I'm happy for him to get drafted and be a Falcon.  You know coming from that program that he is a solid individual and will work to get better.  

53 minutes ago, AJisA-OK said:

I’m confused. Why on earth would that be sarcasm? 

Because the logic is horrible.  First off the irony that you are saying they aren’t smart because they don’t work for a team and sit behind a screen.  But wait, you fall into that same category posting on here, as does every other person on here and every draft analyst and mock draft we have seen this year.  You’re saying anyone outside of the 32 GMs in the league currently don’t have football logic, even though coaching staffs have hired from PFF (Zac Robinson’s the Rams WR Coach) and have ex  players working at PFF (Bruce Gradkowski). 

I will trust the guys and girls that watch every player, every play in every game to give me a ranking rather than someone like Kiper who watches 2-3 games out of 30+ in a players college career and give that player a grade on that small of a sample size.  

All 32 teams pay them for their player analysis and data, do they pay you for your opinion?  Anyone else on here?  How about Daniel Jeremiah or Mel Kiper?  No?  Maybe they are more than just nerds behind a screen and may know a thing or two about football.  

I thought it was sarcasm because I didn’t think someone would post something that ignorant and think they know better than a company being paid to do this everyday, I stand corrected.  Love or hate PFF, but to completely dismiss their opinion because they sit behind a screen as the reasoning means you dismiss everyone’s opinion on the topic at all, on any forum, on any mock draft or analysis because they all fall into the same bucket.  They aren’t going away, only going to get bigger as analytics becomes a bigger part of the sport.

4 minutes ago, Rings said:

Because the logic is horrible.  First off the irony that you are saying they aren’t smart because they don’t work for a team and sit behind a screen.  But wait, you fall into that same category posting on here, as does every other person on here and every draft analyst and mock draft we have seen this year.  You’re saying anyone outside of the 32 GMs in the league currently don’t have football logic, even though coaching staffs have hired from PFF (Zac Robinson’s the Rams WR Coach) and have ex  players working at PFF (Bruce Gradkowski). 

I will trust the guys and girls that watch every player, every play in every game to give me a ranking rather than someone like Kiper who watches 2-3 games out of 30+ in a players college career and give that player a grade on that small of a sample size.  

All 32 teams pay them for their player analysis and data, do they pay you for your opinion?  Anyone else on here?  How about Daniel Jeremiah or Mel Kiper?  No?  Maybe they are more than just nerds behind a screen and may know a thing or two about football.  

I thought it was sarcasm because I didn’t think someone would post something that ignorant and think they know better than a company being paid to do this everyday, I stand corrected.  Love or hate PFF, but to completely dismiss their opinion because they sit behind a screen as the reasoning means you dismiss everyone’s opinion on the topic at all, on any forum, on any mock draft or analysis because they all fall into the same bucket.  They aren’t going away, only going to get bigger as analytics becomes a bigger part of the sport.

I don’t know if you were under a rock or just got out of prison yesterday, but NEWSFLASH, AJ Terrell was the best corner in the draft and a steal at the 16th pick. We haven’t had a shutdown corner this good since Deion and even then Deion doesn’t have the same tackle ability and killer instinct and college success. 
He’s never even given up a TD, except in situations were the refs were CLEARLY cheating by not calling holding on Chase. Terrell automatically becomes the best corner in the division and can be put on AJ island to lockdown his side of the field. That alone is worth about 6 more wins so we are going rough 13-3 at the least. 16-0 best case scenario. Get with the program

6 minutes ago, AJisA-OK said:

I don’t know if you were under a rock or just got out of prison yesterday, but NEWSFLASH, AJ Terrell was the best corner in the draft and a steal at the 16th pick. We haven’t had a shutdown corner this good since Deion and even then Deion doesn’t have the same tackle ability and killer instinct and college success. 
He’s never even given up a TD, except in situations were the refs were CLEARLY cheating by not calling holding on Chase. Terrell automatically becomes the best corner in the division and can be put on AJ island to lockdown his side of the field. That alone is worth about 6 more wins so we are going rough 13-3 at the least. 16-0 best case scenario. Get with the program

“Get with the program” 

“Living under a rock”

You realize I was responding initially to someone who said that he was a 3rd or 4th round player and that I referenced PFF to defend he was a first round talent and that I was defending the pick?  That said, i wouldn’t say he was the best corner in the draft, or that we are going 16-0 by any means like you are, which is why i don’t know if you are being a sarcastic troll or just way over excited and exaggerating everything.

2 minutes ago, Rings said:

“Get with the program” 

“Living under a rock”

You realize I was responding initially to someone who said that he was a 3rd or 4th round player and that I referenced PFF to defend he was a first round talent and that I was defending the pick?  That said, i wouldn’t say he was the best corner in the draft, or that we are going 16-0 by any means like you are, which is why i don’t know if you are being sarcastic or just an over the top troll right now.

I see you’re lost man but just follow Quinn, he knows the way. 

1 hour ago, AJisA-OK said:

I see you’re lost man but just follow Quinn, he knows the way. 

How do we allow children like this the ability to even comment when they add zero value around here.  Another person I will enjoy blocking.