Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
falconidae

SI, CBS, Yahoo, NFL..com, ESPN all had Terrell as a 1st rounder

Posted (edited)

Everybody is only mad on here because the guy THEY wanted was not draft. These people on here can eat Falcons poo at this point. A.J. Terrell is a good CB. We have too many needs to be trying to trade up and we need quality so trading back was not an uption either. He was a good pick. CB was a big need and we got it. 

Edited by arrogantBEAST

2 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Then why are all these media outlets giving us F and D grades today for having picked him?

Don't care. Draft grades immediately after a pick are  just stupid.

Don't really care he had a first round grade on him either, just using it to balance out all the nonsense about him getting picked way too early because someone saw him mocked in the 3rd round.

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Don't really care he had a first round grade on him either, just using it to balance out all the nonsense about him getting picked way too early because someone saw him mocked in the 3rd round.

images-12.jpeg.5b52b44049b12d98a831f61a0cc8506d.jpeg

6 minutes ago, falconidae said:

The falcons were given the worst draft grade in 2016. Neal, Debo, Campbell, Hooper. Lol

10 minutes ago, arrogantBEAST said:

Everybody is only mad on here because the guy THEY wanted was not draft. These people on here can eat Falcons poo at this point. A.J. Terrell is a good CB. We have too many needs to be trying to trade up and we need quality so trading back was not an uption either. He was a good pick. CB was a big need and we got it. 

You are 100% right when the pick first happen and the guy i wanted (Kenneth Murray) is right there for us.. I was kind of mad.. I didn't post about it I started to look into him more. Looking into why we got him in the 1st then time showed it was gonna be a run a CB. Heck I would think the run isn't done with Diggs,Fulton,Johnson still on the board.. 

Was he best player available when we got him maybe not. But it's a need and he was a spot we needed.

If all these pundits had any idea, they would be making 10x much working for an NFL team.  While I don't agree with a lot of these picks but my livelihood isn't depending on me being right and apparently all these "experts" are no different.   

For better or for worse, Terrell wreaks of a TD/DQ Falcons corner when you see how he plays.  Athletic, feisty, fearless, physical (though not always effective...he isn't pile watching).   We got a top player at a position of need and kept all our other picks.  That's worth at least a B+ for me.

EVERYBODY is overreacting to the LSU game.  Jamaar Chase did beat him up in man but that kid is special.  Joe Burrow also placed a few perfect balls on Chase.  Some guys wouldnt even be in position to attempt to make a play.   I think he is a quality CB.  

I also think the best thing is the value.  We saw 6 CBs taken.  If we wait til 47 for CB we likely get the 8th or 9th best CB.  Would you rather have a Late 1st round CB in the mid 1st or a 3rd round CB in the early 2nd because of the need.  I think we met need with talent along with anticipation of a run on CBs.  

Personally I wanted Diggs here, I saw Fulton overpowered way too often.  That said I think this kid is better with his back to the WR, I like his grit and physicality and I like that he has hands and will make plays on the ball.  Lets not forget about the rest of his career.  He lost a national title but he also won one! 

51 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Then why are all these media outlets giving us F and D grades today for having picked him?

Cuz were the Atlanta freakin Falcons.. Raiders woulda got him and they woulda praised gruden for not trading up and keeping his picks. 

51 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

They don’t know what they are talking about. They probably gave Deion Sanders a F just because he came to Atlanta. Haters, Terrell is the perfect CB :)

59 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Because they were going to hate us either way. We could've had the number 1 overall pick and selected a perennial pro bowler and the media would still hate us

57 minutes ago, SouthpawMac said:

"i NeVeR sAiD thEy WerE riGHt" I just insinuated it so I would get likes from people that agree and can deny it when people call me out. 

That's what I was thinking.  Then why bother bringing it up.

1 hour ago, thamill said:

You mean the 30 year old unemployed armchair GM's sipping mountain dew and eating cheesy poofs, living in mom's basement posting every day on TATF were wrong?!?!?!

Balderdash!!!

Yeah, the same ones who say its a reach. They are judging that off of mock drafts. Lol

Same people they say don't know **** when talking about a team or players.

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

Because we are the Atlanta Falcons.  It has always been this way.  Where have you been?

The term “reach” is so overblown. The draft is art and science. Anticipation of moves and runs have to be factored in. We were not getting a top CB in 2nd. I’d almost bet Diggs and Fulton will be fine by 47. That means we would have gotten a 3rd tier guy in the  2nd which doesn’t match value imo. 

2 hours ago, thamill said:

You mean the 30 year old unemployed armchair GM's sipping mountain dew and eating cheesy poofs, living in mom's basement posting every day on TATF were wrong?!?!?!

Balderdash!!!

:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Best thing I've read on here in quite some time.