A.J. Epenesa

Every team in the division got better in round one except Atlanta.  We drafted a  3rd player that may not even make the team.  Carolina drafts an elite DT, Tampa Bay and NO improves their line significantly.  These organization know the games are won on the defensive line; Falcons on the other hand are lost, again.  Literally other teams in our division drafts combined with our draft has set us backwards. Massive failure; almost worse than 28-3.  We can’t draft anymore players to catch up with the rest of the division.  This team is lost.

7 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Which is a TERRIBLE plan considering how weak our DL and LB core are.

Solidifying the secondary will help the Falcons d-line that had one of the top pass rush win rates last season finally get to the QB more consistently.

Need to get a FS that has the range to make plays. Delpit or Winfield Jr. would be good choices.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Solidifying the secondary will help the Falcons d-line that had one of the top pass rush win rates last season finally get to the QB more consistently.

Need to get a FS that has the range to make plays. Delpit or Winfield Jr. would be good choices.

If we grabbed one of those safeties I'd be so happy with this start. Nobody would complain if we took Winfield at 16 and Terrell at 47.

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

If we grabbed one of those safeties I'd be so happy with this start. Nobody would complain if we took Winfield at 16 and Terrell at 47.

Heck I would, gonna need another body on that dline to get a real pass rush, or else teams could have years to throw. Only proven bet is Grady as a rusher Fowler has potential but who knows and Takk still hasn't lived up to his draft status

21 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Winfield didn’t even go in the first.  Wouldn’t that be the very definition of a reach?  And based on the teams that took corners after us, I highly doubt Terrell would be there at 47.  Your post seems crazy.

31 minutes ago, BFG said:

Every team in the division got better in round one except Atlanta.  We drafted a  3rd player that may not even make the team.  Carolina drafts an elite DT, Tampa Bay and NO improves their line significantly.  These organization know the games are won on the defensive line; Falcons on the other hand are lost, again.  Literally other teams in our division drafts combined with our draft has set us backwards. Massive failure; almost worse than 28-3.  We can’t draft anymore players to catch up with the rest of the division.  This team is lost.

ha ha... LOL at your huge font... even bigger LOL at you claiming AJ Terrell is not going to make the team.  He's already slotted to start on the outside corner spot.

Just now, Gee-Q said:

ha ha... LOL at your huge font... even bigger LOL at you claiming AJ Terrell is not going to make the team.  He's already slotted to start on the outside corner spot.

Top 10 ways to spot an attention wh0re lol

52 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

possibly falcons trade early into the 2nd round and draft him or will he be available at our pick?

I'm cool with Epenesa at 47. But there are a lot of players left I still like a lot. As people have mentioned, the safeties are looking prime. Also, Ross Blacklock and Gallimore. Hope we stay where we are and let the draft come to us. 

1 minute ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

Winfield didn’t even go in the first.  Wouldn’t that be the very definition of a reach?  And based on the teams that took corners after us, I highly doubt Terrell would be there at 47.  Your post seems crazy.

That's the funniest thing. All these players that the mock drafters wanted were ignored from pick 16 onwards all the way out of rd 1. Chaisson was the only one who got picked up. What does that say about the backwards thinking here?

3 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

I'm saying before the draft started that nobody would have complained about that scenario.

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'm saying before the draft started that nobody would have complained about that scenario.

Oh, haha.  In that case, I wouldn’t have complained about a scenario before the 1996 draft where Ray Lewis fell to our 84th pick.  And this is coming from a huge Shannon Brown fan.

23 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

This is the most infuriating comment lol. Terrell was not lasting past 19 let alone half way through the second. These folks crazy 

1 hour ago, BFG said:

Large font makes me believe you more.  

Despite a lot of propaganda, Epenesa is a base DE who's strength is against the run.  That is why he dropped out of the first.  If he had pass rush talent for the NFL, he would have been snatched up much earlier.  

A real pass rushing DE is a major commodity.  

My point is that we already have a more talented DE prospect in Cominsky.  I see no reason to consider Epenesa at all.