Do over who would you pick

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

If you say so. Theres a 3 year rule regardless of the class last I remember but I'm more old traditional than whatever yall got goin on these days

I dont have to say so. That class was being praised mid-season. Everyone knows that.

The 3 year rule was unnecessary for that class because 3 of our first 4 picks were greatly contributing as rookies. Everyone from the fans to the media knew we had hit hard on that draft. Some draft classes are an exception to the rule.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d still take Terrell. Keeping in mind I wasn’t a fan of the selection. But after we missed out on Kinlaw, there was no one left that I really wanted at 16. I was hoping to trade back. I get the Terr

After Kinlaw left the board, I was devastated.   There was no one else left to get super stoked.  I believe AJ Terrell was an OK pick.  What’s nice is cornerbacks are never really fun to draft - now t

Seeing the run on CBs I like the Terrell pick

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I dont have to say so. That class was being praised mid-season. Everyone knows that.

The 3 year rule was unnecessary for that class because 3 of our first 4 picks were greatly contributing as rookies. Everyone from the fans to the media knew we had hit hard on that draft. Some draft classes are an exception to the rule.

Like I said, if you say so. 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah I think that’s right.   Mayock likes Clemson players and I believe it highly likely he and Gruden would have pulled Terrell’s tag off the board at #19.

Terrell was a higher rated player than sports media - and thus us - the NFL consumers thought.    Thus, you see all the anger from Falcons fans today.

Perception is reality for NFL fans for their teams.

Why is what somebody else is doing relevant to what you feel is best for your team? If I have a mid round pick, and I have a prospect who is not graded at the value of that pick, then I'm either getting out of that pick or I'm taking the best player available. If I don't take him at 16 and somebody else grabs him before I can later in the 1st round, then so be it.

I'd rather get more value for the extra picks I acquired than drafting an avg player I really don't like at the spot I got him at. And I'm **** sure not building my roster based on what another team may or may not do. You put your blinders on and you do what's best for your team and what makes your roster stronger. That's it. The Falcons didn't do any of that last night. They panicked and they didn't get stronger as a result. TD drafts like a ******* robot!

Edited by Frank_The_Tank
2 minutes ago, Frank_The_Tank said:

Why is what somebody else is doing relevant to what you feel is best for your team? If I have a mid round pick, and I have a prospect who is not graded at the value of that pick, then I'm either getting out of that pick or I'm taking the best player available. If I don't take him and somebody else does before I can later I'm the draft, then so be it.

I'd rather get more value for the extra picks I acquired than drafting an avg player I really don't like at the spot I got him at. And I'm **** sure not building my roster based on what another team may or may not do. You put your blinders on and you do what's best for your team and what makes your roster stronger. That's it. The Falcons didn't do any of that last night. They panicked and they didn't get stronger as a result.

Unless they seen Terrell as the best player on their board (at a position of need). We are assuming they had other prospects ranked above him here, and nobody knows that as a fact. We are basing his reach on media rankings after all.

Just now, 1989Fan said:

Unless they seen Terrell as the best player on their board (at a position of need). We are assuming they had others ranked above him here, and nobody knows that as a fact.

Of the vast range of talent still on the board at 16. If TD came to the conclusion that Terrell was the best player available, then he should pack his shyte right now because he has a piss poor eye for talent.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

:lol:  I let you have it dude. It's a waste to keep repeating the same thing over and over. You got it bruh. 

You don't have to let me have anything. I just tried to answer the question you posed by stating that sometimes a draft class can be so productive, you immediately know the FO did a good job on scouting them out and making the selections.

I'm not coming at you disrespectfully or trying to insult you. 

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You don't have to let me have anything. I just tried to answer the question you posed by stating that sometimes a draft class can be so productive, you immediately know the FO did a good job on scouting them out and making the selections.

I'm not coming at you disrespectfully or trying to insult you. 

Bruh. I let you have it. Take it

3 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Here's a fun fact:

Kenneth Murray had more pass deflections that A.J. Terrell in 2019..

Also I'd pick the Big 12 competition over the ACC competition 

Not a fan of Terrell either, That doesn't change what I said. 

3 hours ago, Frank_The_Tank said:

Is CeeDee Lamb an option? You take an avg CB prospect that addresses "a need position" or you truly draft the BPA, not to mention an electric weapon, that can possibly be the heir apparent to Julio after he's done. Which one has more value? I say Lamb.

If they drafted Lamb, this place would have gone berserk.  No way Lamb was the right pick at that spot.

22 minutes ago, Frank_The_Tank said:

Of the vast range of talent still on the board at 16. If TD came to the conclusion that Terrell was the best player available, then he should pack his shyte right now because he has a piss poor eye for talent.

TD is a very good evaluator of DB's, so go back to the drawing board. That is the one spot he definitely knows, so if he says this guy is a player, I will take his word over yours.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

After Kinlaw left the board, I was devastated.   There was no one else left to get super stoked.  I believe AJ Terrell was an OK pick.  What’s nice is cornerbacks are never really fun to draft - now the rest of the draft can be DL / LB / OL and FS.

We had to have a corner and believe we got a good one.

I hope this isn't another situation where the guy we really wanted was picked right before us like Adrian Peterson and then JA98 (Jamaal Anderson) or Khalil Mack and Jake Matthews, although Matthews hasn't been a bust.

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You can roll your eyes. Sorry I dont want to keep repeating the same thing over and over. I know you guys like wasting that energy 

The thing is you didnt really make a clear statement. You just kinda spoke in generalities. I even asked you a straight-forward "Yes or No" question and you dodged it. 

It's cool though man.

32 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Only thing we do know 

Yep,  all the reports by these guys that the Falcons were hot on the trade for CJ Henderson were true.   Something is wrong that the Falcons draft plans become public every year - last year widely reported that Christian Wilkins was #1 target for trade-up and that one was true as well.

It's one thing for other teams to leak that Falcons are trying to trade up - it's another that these insiders like Rappoport, Schefter and Glazer know who we are trying to trade up for -  that has to come from internal sources.    Totally unacceptable.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The thing is you didnt really make a clear statement. You just kinda spoke in generalities. I even asked you a straight-forward "Yes or No" question and you dodged it. 

It's cool though man.

I didn't dodge anything. I responded with what you didn't want to read and you keep trying to go back and forth saying the same things over and over and over and over again. I tell ya you got it and you're still carrying on. You pushing for the last word? If so I promise you can have it

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I didn't dodge anything. I responded with what you didn't want to read and you keep trying to go back and forth saying the same things over and over and over and over again. I tell ya you got it and you're still carrying on. You pushing for the last word? If so I promise you can have it

Pompousness is unbecoming.

If you're done, be done.

Edited by Snafu
17 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

TD is a very good evaluator of DB's, so go back to the drawing board. That is the one spot he definitely knows, so if he says this guy is a player, I will take his word over yours.

Really? And exactly what proof do you have to draw such a conclusion?

Edited by Frank_The_Tank