How well do you think A.J. Terrell will do in Atlanta?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there will be three camps for Terrell Those who watched his film thoroughly and realized this kid plays like the Falcons like their corners to play.  I am in this category and why I had

Better than people expect.   He's tall and physical, maybe too physical but if he becomes more disciplined with that then he should do really well.   I also notice that he actually

Ok so like many of us, I didn’t like the pick at first.  I was ready for a trade back with Lamb still on the board.  But after watching some videos, a positive is Terrell always seems to turn his head

51 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

No he is the perfect shutdown corner we have been waiting for. Even champ bailey had bad days :)

This guy is no Champ Bailey in this life time or the next, he is a Falcon now though I'll adhere to my rule of I hope he comes ready to play day one. That said if the Falcons can miss on Vic at the 8th pick they **** sure may have missed on AJ Tersmell at 16. 

1 minute ago, putnam6 said:

This guy is no Champ Bailey in this life time or the next, he is a Falcon now though I'll adhere to my rule of I hope he comes ready to play day one. That said if the Falcons can miss on Vic at the 8th pick they **** sure may have missed on AJ Tersmell at 16. 

Hey man, you can’t prove that. But I see the future and at worst, he’s Revis Island. I had him mocked to us 7 times but I thought we’d have to trade up to get him. We should be arrested for scooping him at 16 :)

2 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

Hey man, you can’t prove that. But I see the future and at worst, he’s Revis Island. I had him mocked to us 7 times but I thought we’d have to trade up to get him. We should be arrested for scooping him at 16 :)

At absolutely the worst, like Raheem Morris gets a brain tear requiring surgery worst, Revis Island is the comp, for sure.  Sky is the probable limit.  Totally agree that it is a million times the Lufthansa Heist in Goodfellas to have gotten him at 16.

5 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Better than people expect.

He's tall and physical, maybe too physical but if he becomes more disciplined with that then he should do really well.

I also notice that he actually turns his head around for the ball, which has been a huge problem for many Falcons corners in the more recent past.

That is the thing I liked most from the highlights I've seen.

1 minute ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

At absolutely the worst, like Raheem Morris gets a brain tear requiring surgery worst, Revis Island is the comp, for sure.  Sky is the probable limit.  Totally agree that it is a million times the Lufthansa Heist in Goodfellas to have gotten him at 16.

Hey man, we will just agree to disagree but I can’t wait to change your mind in the future. There’s always room on this bandwagon brother :)

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I see a guy who played press coverage one on one with no help up top routinely against the best players in the country on the biggest stages and never flinched. This guy is a dog, and is going to be a good player for this team, not to mention he is a perfect fit for the scheme. 

He’s like fast and physical personified. He will be team captain for sure :)

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

If we get some good safeties, he'll look good.

If we keep rolling out Rico and Neal, he'll look the same way all of our corners have.

Are safeties are pretty good man.....Neal has been banged up but has been to the pro bowl. You bench warming gms will always be throwing shade at anyone and everyone. Let the kids play some ball man. I wish we would have went a different route in the first round, but kids a falcon now and he got tore up in one game not all 12. Throw some support behind him and hope he balls out. Crazy how many haters we have as fans.....go find a new team

Just now, AJisA-OK said:

He’s like fast and physical personified. He will be team captain for sure :)

He has issues with tackling technique but definitely not with tackling desire. The guy relishes hitting people. That's a bonus. I have my hopes he will step in and be our #1CB very soon. I think his upside is waaaay higher than Trufant's (in this scheme).

2 minutes ago, AxManBigFan said:

Are safeties are pretty good man.....Neal has been banged up but has been to the pro bowl. You bench warming gms will always be throwing shade at anyone and everyone. Let the kids play some ball man. I wish we would have went a different route in the first round, but kids a falcon now and he got tore up in one game not all 12. Throw some support behind him and hope he balls out. Crazy how many haters we have as fans.....go find a new team

Our safeties are not "pretty good, they are ok.  Nothing to write home about.  We need a big time safety.

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

He has issues with tackling technique but definitely not with tackling desire. The guy relishes hitting people. That's a bonus. I have my hopes he will step in and be our #1CB very soon. I think his upside is waaaay higher than Trufant's (in this scheme).

Nah I watch tape. He is a great tackler. There’s not much footage though, because no one catches the ball on him :)

3 minutes ago, AxManBigFan said:

Cant trust Neal to be the same player he once was. He's missed 2 years, and his injuries were substantial.

Rico, while incredibly smart, has never been the answer. He's a stop-gap that has somehow hung around. It wouldnt take much effort to upgrade him with a guy that can actually make plays.

He wasn't who I expected or wanted, but you can't be mad about the pick. We need secondary talent and this kid is talented. I also love the reports about his business like approach to the game and how he loves to play football/compete. A lot of guys have the ability to play in the NFL. The ability to stay in the NFL comes down to who is willing to put in the work.

For those who keep complaining about the LSU game, go watch those catches again and watch some other games. He was in good position on most of those throws, but Burrows made some great throws. 

The biggest thing I love about this kid other than his attitude is his competitiveness on the field. This kid lives for those match-ups.

Grab me a safety in round 2 and I will be digging this draft.

3 hours ago, New Jersey Falcon said:

Ok so like many of us, I didn’t like the pick at first.  I was ready for a trade back with Lamb still on the board.  But after watching some videos, a positive is Terrell always seems to turn his head when he needs to.  Seems to have good awareness and won’t be like Chris Houston.  Also, he’s not afraid to tackle. 

Agree. Knowing when to turn your head and look for the ball is a skill a lot of NFL CB's still haven't mastered. I also like the fact he's not afraid to stick his head in there and crack a WR or RB. Didn't like the pick at #16, but definitely prefer Terrell in ANY round over Henderson.

21 minutes ago, McSpanker said:

He would be a pretty **** good pick if we had good coaches. He has all the tools. The problem is we don't. We don't develop anyone, 90% of players just get worse here. We just got another alford who will hold his way to a loss

That’s a boldface lie and I won’t stand for it. We have coaches. We develop players.  We went 6-2 with new players developing beating the 9ers and Saints. That pretty much makes us contenders :)