How well do you think A.J. Terrell will do in Atlanta?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there will be three camps for Terrell Those who watched his film thoroughly and realized this kid plays like the Falcons like their corners to play.  I am in this category and why I had

Better than people expect.   He's tall and physical, maybe too physical but if he becomes more disciplined with that then he should do really well.   I also notice that he actually

Ok so like many of us, I didn’t like the pick at first.  I was ready for a trade back with Lamb still on the board.  But after watching some videos, a positive is Terrell always seems to turn his head

Better than people expect.

He's tall and physical, maybe too physical but if he becomes more disciplined with that then he should do really well.

I also notice that he actually turns his head around for the ball, which has been a huge problem for many Falcons corners in the more recent past.

I think there will be three camps for Terrell

1. Those who watched his film thoroughly and realized this kid plays like the Falcons like their corners to play.  I am in this category and why I had him high on my board.  I only wish we could have traded back a few spots, got a bit more capital but I suspect TD got word that he was high on another board and bailed on the risk.
  2. People who read the headlines or watched the LSU game and called it a day.
  3. People who simply hoped for a different and more exciting pick.
1 minute ago, Monolith2001 said:

1. Those who watched his film thoroughly and realized this kid plays like the Falcons like their corners to play.  I am in this category and why I had him high on my board.  I only wish we could have traded back a few spots, got a bit more capital but I suspect TD got word that he was high on another board and bailed on the risk.

I was thinking that Terrell would possibly be our pick 47 or that we could get a really good corner at 47. 

9 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I mean are we gonna fall in love with him playing wake forest and nc state future accountants or watch his Ohio st and LSU tape against future nfl talent?

20 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

Go watch the last game he played 

Yes please. The entire game and not just highlights. Terrell had 3 plays everyone remembers, but otherwise locked up his receiver all night and had about 4-5 PBU's covering Chase. Played press man about 95% of the game with no safety help against Burrow, Chase and the best offense in CFB history. Kid competed all night and won way more than he lost. 

5 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Yes please. The entire game and not just highlights. Terrell had 3 plays everyone remembers, but otherwise locked up his receiver all night and had about 4-5 PBU's covering Chase. Played press man about 95% of the game with no safety help against Burrow, Chase and the best offense in CFB history. Kid competed all night and won way more than he lost. 

He gave up over 150 yards and 2 TDs to Chase. It could have been more because he held him the majority of the time getting called for 2 them, and got trucked and missed tackles against Edwards-Helaire. To top it off, his “highlight” they showed when he got drafted was him holding Chase. They even said that’s PI in the nfl

Edited by 5stripes
Just now, 5stripes said:

I mean are we gonna fall in love with him playing wake forest and nc state future accountants or watch his Ohio st and LSU tape against future nfl talent?

As far as competition, it's worked well enough for the wealth of Clemson guys who are in the NFL right now including Grady, Watson, Hopkins and countless others.   His OSU tape was fine and as I said, for some people, one bad game is more important than all the others.

Better than a combination of the best of Night Train Lane, Deion Sanders, Namdi, and Champ Bailey.  DRotY, DPotY, Best Original Screenplay Oscar, Super Bowl MVP each of the next 7 years, Hall of Fame after his rookie season and he becomes the first player ever inducted as a member of a specific team.

Edited by NOVAFalconFan

hes really grabby like Robert Alford, but he does have all the tools. After seeing the run on CBs after, I'm not as mad at the pick. He has great cover skills, needs work tackling, and finishing on the ball.

With that said, mentally I think he is fearless

Edited by Drvillain
2 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

He gave up over 150 yards and 2 TDs to Chase. It could have been more because he held him the majority of the time getting called for 2 them, and got trucked and missed tackles against Edwards-Helaire. To top it off, his “highlight” they showed when he got drafted was him holding Chase. They even said that’s PI in the nfl

They could have called it but didnt, just like they didnt call the push off on the first TD. Those two were battling. AJ Terrell won more plays than he lost. Burrow made a great throw on the 2nd TD with Terrell playing for the back shoulder fade.

The worse play was the missed tackle in the sideline. That was the one where I think he was frustrated. After that, Chase had like 1 catch for 7 yards on him and was basically shut out against Terrell 2nd half. Terrell was locking up the whole game just watch for yourself.

The worst were the missed tackles in the run game if we're being honest. That was bad. But you see 29 other games where he is laying the wood and you trust that too

7 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

They could have called it but didnt, just like they didnt call the push off on the first TD. Those two were battling. AJ Terrell won more plays than he lost. Burrow made a great throw on the 2nd TD with Terrell playing for the back shoulder fade.

The worse play was the missed tackle in the sideline. That was the one where I think he was frustrated. After that, Chase had like 1 catch for 7 yards on him and was basically shut out against Terrell 2nd half. Terrell was locking up the whole game just watch for yourself.

The worst were the missed tackles in the run game if we're being honest. That was bad. But you see 29 other games where he is laying the wood and you trust that too

No he didn’t win. Check the stats, he only had 1 PD the whole game. The rest were bad throws on Burrow when he was getting harassed early by Clemsons Dline.  Chase had 9 catches, 221 yards, 2 TDs, with 7 catches and both TD on Terrell. Stop making things up. The last of Chases yards came against #1 for Clemson and when they switched to zone

Edited by 5stripes

I honestly can’t take the hate for this pick. It’s ridiculous and kind of unbelievable. Even the draft grades surprise me. Was it a little early? Yes. But at the same time that was our pick and I guarantee he wouldn’t be there in the second round. Sometimes there’s no sense in trading back when your guy is there. He’s a proven college corner, one of the standouts. He’s from this area, and fills a gaping hole in the secondary with Tru gone. Not to mention we have a great track record with developing cornerbacks. What’s not to like?

Ok so like many of us, I didn’t like the pick at first.  I was ready for a trade back with Lamb still on the board.  But after watching some videos, a positive is Terrell always seems to turn his head when he needs to.  Seems to have good awareness and won’t be like Chris Houston.  Also, he’s not afraid to tackle. 

I mean the Dude gave up a couple of plays in the National Championship. That tends to happen sometimes when you play M2M. He was playing against arguably the great offense in CF history. Go watch the prior year National Championship against the Bama WRs. Can’t based a prospect on 1 performance. He is a very good player and went in the range he was projected to go. I literally looked at 9 mock drafts on NFL.com and Walterfootball yesterday  and 5 had him going 19 or 20, 1 had him at 16 and 2 had him at 25.