Secondary

At this point, I think Terrell solidified our corners. Oliver and Terrell will be the outside guys, and Sheff will cover the slot. I think that's a really strong, young nucleus of corners. 

The focus for me at this point is now turning to safety and securing a great young talent there. My guy is Delpit, and i'm willing to trade up for him, but I'm okay with adding Chinn, Winfield Jr(sorta iffy), or Mckinney at this point.

Like just thinking back to when we double dipped with Tru and Rocky, we pretty much locked that group up for a few years. Now's the time to do something similar and just solidify the unit again. Neal(who I hope comes back strong still) is up in the air; Rico is a good guy, but we need more talent; and Kazee scares me at times.

I know many will ask about the DL, but at this point, after missing on Chase, I think we're rolling with Fowler as the lead rusher, and hoping Takk can stay healthy and turn that top 10 pass rush win rate into more sacks. I could see us going out and picking up a guy like Dareus or Snacks if either just wants to take a 1 year chase at a ring.

I mentioned as much in another thread seeing how Terrell plays basically off man press on an island this is how we want to play put pressure on routes early inside that first 5 yards.

I’m with you @Geaux_Falcons FS is now a must one with range so Neal can just play down in the box to stiffen the Run defense.

Winfield Jnr Delpit Chinn Dugger anyone of those 4 in that order.Get one of them.

Funny many of these chicken littles felt we needed to take Delpit at 16 yet no safeties were taken in the first round yet 6 CBs were taken off the board. 

Round 2 has McKinney, Winfield, and Delpit available. Maybe TATF trolls just aren't smart...at all.  

8 hours ago, Jesus said:

Whitt is the key.

I agree, and think he had some say so in this one.I think Whitt wanted his version of Woodson again. Tall, lanky press corner, and AJ has some wheels to boot. If we got get a safety in round 2, then I know the draft was about making sure the secondary was strong enough to play up to where Whitt wants it.

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I mentioned as much in another thread seeing how Terrell plays basically off man press on an island this is how we want to play put pressure on routes early inside that first 5 yards.

I’m with you @Geaux_Falcons FS is now a must one with range so Neal can just play down in the box to stiffen the Run defense.

Winfield Jnr Delpit Chinn Dugger anyone of those 4 in that order.Get one of them.

Exactly and it only makes sense because we could have taken our pick on Murray or Queen, and we passed. Kinlaw was 1 pick away, and we ignored moving up for him. Chaisson was suppose to be our guy according to most in the media at 16. I think we really wanted to inject some real talent into this secondary and again, grabbing a FS will make that point firmly noted.