Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShanghaiDirtyBird

Say goodbye to Dimitroff

I don’t even have a huge problem with the Lindstrom pick last year. Yeah, it was a bit of a reach. But look how bad our offensive line was without him. (I do, however, blame Dimitroff for signing both Carpenter and Brown). 

And I also recognize everything was going fine until a better GM (Lynch) realized that he could easily get a great WR later and dominant lines win championships and he took our guy. If he had taken Jeudy I don’t think Denver takes Kinlaw. But Dimitroff is literally the only GM in the first 16 picks to pick a terrible pick. The only one. You look at the first 15 guys, all of them were quality players. Every team ahead of us significantly improved and basically nailed their pick. Normally I agree you need to strongly consider needs when drafting. We were obviously in dire need for a corner and when Jax took Henderson there were going to be limited good options on the board. But Terrell got absolutely burned against NFL quality players in the championship game. Now he’s going to have to go against NFL caliber players every week. 

Sure, if we drafted Kinlaw we would have had trouble at corner. But we would have gotten somebody in the 2nd and we’d have a front four of McKinley, Jarrett, Kinlaw, and Fowler rushing the passer. Now we have three corners that are in their first three seasons (Oliver, Terrell, and Sheffield). And arguably the fourth rounder will be the best of the bunch. TD is done. And I haven’t been a huge TD hater, I really haven’t. I think he had some successes and failures like all GMs. But too many failures now. And the Sam Baker contract was the stupidest thing I ever saw. 

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

I’m still trying to workout how our pick is worse than the 15 others before us when he non of the guys drafted have played a pro snap yet.

The good old if it’s not a big name or a player I like the guy we must have is bad ok then.

I’m sorry if you didn’t watch the national championship game or read my post, but that’s not my fault. You literally ignored my argument either because you didn’t read it or couldn’t comprehend it. But okay, what an interesting analysis, I guess.

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m still trying to workout how our pick is worse than the 15 others before us when he non of the guys drafted have played a pro snap yet.

The good old if it’s not a big name or a player I like the guy we must have is bad ok then.

If the first 15 nailed their pick that's the absolute best draft in nfl history

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

These "fans" are something else. There's another post on the front page where a poster literally typed that Terrell could have 4 INTs game one and he'd still be the worst possible pick we could have made. Clowns. 

Just now, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

I’m sorry if you didn’t watch the national championship game or read my post, but that’s not my fault. You literally ignored my argument either because you didn’t read it or couldn’t comprehend it. But okay, what an interesting analysis, I guess.

I actually watched that game the Bama game and a few others you obviously didn’t.If you are pretending to judge a guy just on that game.

Just because the team didn’t do what you want them to do why is it doom and gloom?

I actually watched that game the Bama game and a few others you obviously didn’t.If you are pretending to judge a guy just on that game.

Just because the team didn’t do what you want them to do why is it doom and gloom?

It’s not because they didn’t do what I wanted them to do. It’s because we didn’t significantly improve our team by picking a high quality player. You can try to make this about me, but it’s not. 

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

If the first 15 nailed their pick that's the absolute best draft in nfl history

1 minute ago, Artys Arryn said:

These "fans" are something else. There's another post on the front page where a poster literally typed that Terrell could have 4 INTs game one and he'd still be the worst possible pick we could have made. Clowns. 

Just laugh I’m sure it’s a name association or if the talking heads say a name long enough it marinates and then no one else matters lol.

Talking of marination **** I had some nice marinated chicken wings watching this draft lol.

It’s not because they didn’t do what I wanted them to do. It’s because we didn’t significantly improve our team by picking a high quality player. You can try to make this about me, but it’s not. 

What player would have given us a significant improvement?

Go listen to Chris simms talk about AJ Terrell and then look how 6 CBs were taken in the first round and you will walk away knowing we made a good pick. I wanted Delpit or Kinlaw and Kinlaw was gone and we can still get Delpit and especially after listening to Chris Simms I like the Terrell pick. I thought CJ Henderson came across as a cry baby punk and am glad we didn't get him. Also glad we didnt get VB part 2 in Chaisson,. 

3 minutes ago, Cole World said:

To cry

I hadn’t been around stupid people in a long time and I wanted to remember what it was like. You can’t really appreciate the good unless you’re around the bad. 

Just laugh I’m sure it’s a name association or if the talking heads say a name long enough it marinates and then no one else matters lol.

Talking of marination **** I had some nice marinated chicken wings watching this draft lol.

I've started baking some chicken in frank red hot then glazing it with bbq. My *** hurts but man I'm happy.

How do you know this ?

Fark me are you serious FA we add Hurst Gurley and Fowler

Draft we add a starting press corner in Terrell and we’ve got potentially 5 more picks but we haven’t improved the team.

Are watching past the 2’s in front of your face or what.