Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cheyakita

And the run on DB’s continues

I just posted this in another thread but this draft is showing us the evolution of the NFL.  DBs, mainly cornerbacks are a premium position.  For years it's been widely regarded that you need a strong defensive front 7 to consistently win but with offenses throwing as much as they do corners will be needed.  Every team now needs at least three starting corners

That’s 6 CBs right? I stopped counting. I knew at least 5 were going. We couldn’t wait for our biggest need. We have quality DL. We have a set of overall good LBs. We have hope at CB. Now we infuse some talent to secure the position. A veteran is likely still in the mix for the numbers. The bottom 2 guys are camp competitors. 

Not really, wasn’t  my pick but if Oliver or Sheffield get injured you think anyone at pick 47 or later would be ready? I’ll accept a position of need and now seeing a run than taking a player we don’t need just because it’s a name you’ve read in mock drafts. We got plenty of picks to fill our other needs. 

5 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Once the haters recover from their juice box hangovers you are gonna be happy we didn’t settle for the 6-8th best CB at 47.

I think the issue is whether he is an impact player or not. Objectively, based upon stats/metrics we could have made a selection more in line with DL. But....we haven't dont that in a decade so why start now??

1 minute ago, ArthursMoustache said:

I think the issue is whether he is an impact player or not. Objectively, based upon stats/metrics we could have made a selection more in line with DL. But....we haven't dont that in a decade so why start now??

The players you wanted to select at 16 for DL are still on the board.

18 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Once the haters recover from their juice box hangovers you are gonna be happy we didn’t settle for the 6-8th best CB at 47.

Instead we got the 6th-8th best CB at #16.  :barf::bang::argh:

Just now, stizz said:

One thing about TD is he can read a board. He did it last year with the run on offensive tackles.

Yeah, he may actually know what he is doing. 

Terrell is a great CB prospect. He was higher on many GMs boards than the analysts. Go figure.

I re watched the LSU game, and it wasnt nearly as bad as I thought. He didnt give up a single catch 2nd half and had like 4 PBUs going against Chase. But folks only remember the bad so thats cool too. We got a really good player 

20 minutes ago, Stryka said:

That’s 6 CBs right? I stopped counting. I knew at least 5 were going. We couldn’t wait for our biggest need. We have quality DL. We have a set of overall good LBs. We have hope at CB. Now we infuse some talent to secure the position. A veteran is likely still in the mix for the numbers. The bottom 2 guys are camp competitors. 

Bottom 2? We have six corners now so other than the new signee who do see as camp competitors?

I still hope we target Kindle Vildor later in the draft.

21 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Same people complaining about CB being a priority would have been the same ones complaining when the 11th best CB makes it to the 47th pick

I was all on board for EITHER drafting Kinlaw, or a good CB if one was available. The best LB if all else failed.

All else failed. Kinlaw wasn't there because TD let John Lynch out-maneuver him. There wasn't a mid first-round worthy CB available. We had our pick of linebackers! So TD drafted--- a scrub loser who got roasted like a marshmallow at a girlscout camp-a-thon. I'm not angry--- FURIOUS--- that TD didn't draft Kinlaw. I am angry because he allowed himself to be out-maneuvered by a TV color analyst, then panicked and failed to draft any of a host of better players than Victory Road.