Raiders were linked to AJ Terrell.

For those chicken littles crying about reaching for Terell, Raiders had him high on the board. Daniel Jeremiah at NFL.com talked about it and he had Raiders picking him up at 19. 
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001110524/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-40-bucs-pick-jerry-jeudy

After Kinlaw, Brown, Simmons and Henderson were gone. Its a good pick, unless you are throwing tantrums that TD didn’t select your favorite player.  He is a good football player but raw. I trust him more than Oliver even in his rookie season. Falcons have good depth at CB.

AJ was considered third best CB after Okudah and Henderson by analysts and some teams according to Daniel Jeremiah.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

For those chicken littles crying about reaching for Terell, Raiders had him high on the board. Daniel Jeremiah at NFL.com talker about it and he had Raiders picking him up at 19. 
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001110524/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-40-bucs-pick-jerry-jeudy

Its a good pick, unless you are throwing tantrums that TD didn’t select your favorite player.  He is a good football player but raw. I trust him more than Oliver even in his rookie season. Falcons have good depth at CB.

anyone commenting to the negative better say they've always hated Mayock and he never knew what he was talking about or, admit that maybe they don't know as much as they think... 

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

For those chicken littles crying about reaching for Terell, Raiders had him high on the board. Daniel Jeremiah at NFL.com talked about it and he had Raiders picking him up at 19. 

Its a good pick, unless you are throwing tantrums that TD didn’t select your favorite player.  He is a good football player but raw. I trust him more than Oliver even in his rookie season. Falcons have good depth at CB.

AJ was considered third best CB after Okudah and Henderson by analysts and some teams according to Daniel Jeremiah.

You could have a secondary of Darrelle Revis anD DeionSanders in their prime. Doesn’t matter when you have only one good DL player.  

4 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Yeah I'd hope I could pull off turning Khalil Mack into Arden Key and practically stealing Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th rounder.

That has nothing to do with evaluating players for draft or draft boards. It’s not just Mayock, this kid was in top 3-4 CB on people who actually know more than arm chair GMs here.

49 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

After Kinlaw, Brown, Simmons and Henderson were gone. Its a good pick, unless you are throwing tantrums that TD didn’t select your favorite player.  He is a good football player but raw. I trust him more than Oliver even in his rookie season. Falcons have good depth at CB.

The Raiders took Damon Arnette at 19. If we think Terrell was a stretch at 16 their fans must really be scratching their heads over the 19th pick. 

I really thought we were going to trade back to 21 with the Eagles, so they could get Lamb, and we could get one of the second-tier CBs.

But if we also thought the Raiders were targeting Terrell, then it makes sense we just stayed where we were and got him.

Also, I've seen a lot of people saying Fulton/Diggs/Gladney/Johnson are so much better than Terrell ... but they're all still sitting there at the moment.

39 minutes ago, blizzard_falcon said:

I really thought we were going to trade back to 21 with the Eagles, so they could get Lamb, and we could get one of the second-tier CBs.

But if we also thought the Raiders were targeting Terrell, then it makes sense we just stayed where we were and got him.

Also, I've seen a lot of people saying Fulton/Diggs/Gladney/Johnson are so much better than Terrell ... but they're all still sitting there at the moment.

These people aren’t sitting in the GM and HC chairs.

1 hour ago, Godzilla1985 said:

You could have a secondary of Darrelle Revis anD DeionSanders in their prime. Doesn’t matter when you have only one good DL player.  

So who was the trench transforming phenom we were going to bring it at 16? Chaisson aka lesser Beasley? 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
Just now, Malachore said:

You can spin this any way you like but all they did was make a lateral move from Tru to this kid to save money agai8the cap.

The defense didn't get any better tonight.

Kid has good hands and is physical man corner. Nothing like Trufant. I would be glad if he played like a #1 CB in NFL for a16 th pick one draft.