Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Raiders, Jags, Eagles, Vikes x2..   all within ten picks of us and needed a corner desperately. You might view it as a reach at 16, but he’s definitely gone by 25 at the absolutely latest.

I’m not surprised by the pick at all. He’s someone the Falcons have been interested in, and there were reports earlier this week that no one should be surprised if he went in the first round because a

Stop thinking off emotion because we didn’t draft the player you wanted and look at the big picture.

I think he was a consensus top 5 CB for most. You might see 5 or 6 CBs go in Round 1. 
 

I don’t think it was a bad pick but I would have rather a more talented player. AJ is a quality player but he has obvious flaws. 
 

We needed help bad at CB with barely 1 starter caliber guy. Oliver is fringe. If I had to pick another guy I liked Diggs ball skills and pedigree. Murray is a MLB or weak side same as Queen. I think we want an upgrade to Vondre’s mold. Might be forced to go Safety in 2nd 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

I don't know, every mock I've seen had Terrell picked in the middle of the 2nd round. I think you could've trade back to the mid 20s and pick him up. I don't know much about him besides the fact he's from Atlanta.

There’s a reason these guys writing mocks are only writing mocks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

The mocks were not spot on, especially outside top 10. 

They were pretty spot on within the top 10 and we picked 6 spots later. My point stands. This is particularly why I hate the whole trade down gather more picks theory. TD just isn’t good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

I would have rather traded up for CJ Henderson, who I think is way better. AJ Terrell is a project who will need to learn how to tackle, tackling has been a huge achilles heel for us. Pete Frisco and Bryant McFadden both thought it was a desperation pick from us. 

https://youtu.be/r7Wf-5K3-Bc

Seeing a theme here with these taller project CBs

 

Jalen Collins

Oliver 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Raiders, Jags, Eagles, Vikes x2..

 

all within ten picks of us and needed a corner desperately. You might view it as a reach at 16, but he’s definitely gone by 25 at the absolutely latest.

 

Filled a big hole with great talent. 

So we make a reach for 2nd round talent, fearful that some other team grabs him? 

In that case maybe we can draft a long snapper in the 2nd round because another team might need one. 

Beautiful... 

The length that some homer apologizers on this board go through to make excuses is absolutely breathtaking... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jetpac said:

Seeing a theme here with these taller project CBs

 

Jalen Collins

Oliver 

Yepp except this was the wrong tall CB that we picked. I really hope Dunce Quinn doesn't destroy his confidence by playing him too soon as he is raw like sushi. He has the coverage ability of Alford, just as grabby as alford, but with the hands and tackling ability of Desmond trufant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Raiders, Jags, Eagles, Vikes x2..

 

all within ten picks of us and needed a corner desperately. You might view it as a reach at 16, but he’s definitely gone by 25 at the absolutely latest.

 

Filled a big hole with great talent. 

There were several CB's better than AJ "Victory Road" Terrell. I don't hate the pick of a CB; I hate the pick of THIS CB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jetpac said:

They were pretty spot on within the top 10 and we picked 6 spots later. My point stands. This is particularly why I hate the whole trade down gather more picks theory. TD just isn’t good.

No the point doesn’t stand. They were relatively accurate up to pick 9-10...not being accurate after that doesn’t prove any point at all.

if there is a spot TD has done relatively well its scouting DBs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jetpac said:

They were pretty spot on within the top 10 and we picked 6 spots later. My point stands. This is particularly why I hate the whole trade down gather more picks theory. TD just isn’t good.

Top 10 mocks are generally close because I would bet most teams big board are close to identical based on talent. Its not hard to look at that list and decide who is going where due to team need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Yepp except this was the wrong tall CB that we picked. I really hope Dunce Quinn doesn't destroy his confidence by playing him too soon as he is raw like sushi. He has the coverage ability of Alford, just as grabby as alford, but with the hands and tackling ability of Desmond trufant. 

Dude played M2M while the rest of his team played zone. Yes he was going to get beat from time to time—he always going up against teams best receivers. 
 

Have you watched any Clemson games?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Dude played M2M while the rest of his team played zone. Yes he was going to get beat from time to time—he always going up against teams best receivers. 
 

Have you watched any Clemson games?

Sure he played some man to man against some underwhelming wrs. He got taken to the woodshed quite a bit, and his tackling is oh so bad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, King Jigsaw said:

I’m not surprised by the pick at all. He’s someone the Falcons have been interested in, and there were reports earlier this week that no one should be surprised if he went in the first round because a lot of teams had higher grades on him than where he was mocked.

 

Of course, most people think that if he’s taken in the 2nd round by WalterFootball that it’s gospel he couldn’t possibly go in the first. I’m fine with the pick even if it’s not what I would have done. Talented player at a position of need, should be a really good fit.

Exactly. I don't get how people can cry about taking a player that fits a position of need. Last time I checked it was TD and DQ's draft board that mattered. Who cares where mock drafts had him going. The truth is those are wrong all the time. Even worse people are saying they rather have Love. Seriously!!!! People crying for the sake of crying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetpac said:

Ironically most those mocks were pretty spot on.

We reached. We reached real bad this time. Real bad.

Whether or not we reached is more about how he was graded on NFL teams draft boards, not where he was going in mock drafts.  The reality is none of us know where other teams had him pegged.  May very well have been a reach, or may not have.  Either way, he a Falcon now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Exactly. I don't get how people can cry about taking a player that fits a position of need. Last time I checked it was TD and DQ's draft board that mattered. Who cares where mock drafts had him going. The truth is those are wrong all the time. Even worse people are saying they rather have Love. Seriously!!!! People crying for the sake of crying. 

This happens every year, yet fans never learn the lesson because they’d rather complain about something than actually change their opinion on how things work. People take mock drafts for fact but even the most respected analysts get players too high or too low.

 

Literally every year there’s a head scratching pick or two that is graded poorly because that’s not where they were mocked to. Then that player performs for the team and is graded more favorably three years later. It’s almost like the GMs and coaches know more about what players they value more than anyone with a website or a job at CBS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...