Do You Like That TankerBoys?

3 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

I agree we should have given these guys more snaps, especially Gono.   But that's not what I’m reading.   The tank crowd wanted to lose, not run a regular season training camp.   And with Quinn’s job on the line, he was going to go with who he thought gave him the best chance.  

Tanking only works if all of the top players get hurt, the head coach knows he’s safe regardless of the record, and the owner knows fans will still show up despite finishing 3-13.  Lacking that, everyone will behave in their own best interests.  

I would have rather Quinn/TD got fired and we started over with better draft position and a new vision. These guys are clueless, what benefit is having them an extra year. It’s just wasting time. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wanted a chance at Javon Kinlaw falling to you, or being in striking distance for a Brown or Henderson! Instead you got a guy we'd be kinda happy we got in the 2nd at 16th overall!  Don'

I really don’t understand how hard it is to comprehend that professional athletes do not “tank.” Why in the world would an individual, who is trying to play well to keep his job, intentionally play po

They sure do . That 6-2 run was nice . Should carry over into next year . Lmfaoooo . sn: they’re all raging Now 

And you didn't have to tank by losing on purpose but just don't play M Ryan for the final few games.  Remember this exact scenario to end 2018, where all we had to do was bench Ryan and lose a few games to get a better pick.  Yet many were saying how we would be better off winning those games and taking that momentum into the 2019 season.  Yea that frooking worked out great.  

All we had to do was just bench M Ryan for the final 2 meaningless games.  

2 hours ago, quickzero said:

Vic played his heart and soul out for us and people still can't appreciate what he did for us. One moment and you won't let him live it down 

“Vic played his heart and soul out for us” lmfao remember when he didn’t even show up for OTAs after Quinn publicly backed him. Keep defending the mediocrity 

31 minutes ago, KHAOS said:

Tanking is a loser mentality. You dont care about wins. Fans watch the sport to see their teams win. Real fans dont want their team to lose. No team in their right mind loses on purpose. Im ecstatic the Falcons went on that run and won those games. I love seeing the whiners and crybabies complain. Im here for W's not L's 

Well congrats you got your 7 Ws to go along with your 9 L’s.  

4 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

I would have rather Quinn/TD got fired and we started over with better draft position and a new vision. These guys are clueless, what benefit is having them an extra year. It’s just wasting time. 

Agree, but here we are.   This franchise is stuck in no man’s land.  Too much talent to crash and burn, but not enough depth to get over the top.   Bad planning, bad timing and bad luck are all to blame.  

Ryan and Julio are becoming the Stockton and Malone of the NFL.  

This is why I’ve crossed “see the Falcons win the Super Bowl” off my bucket list and will replace it with something more realistic, like “build my own moon rocket” or “buy Quebec”.  

2 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Agree, but here we are.   This franchise is stuck in no man’s land.  Too much talent to crash and burn, but not enough depth to get over the top.   Bad planning, bad timing and bad luck are all to blame.  

Ryan and Julio are becoming the Stockton and Malone of the NFL.  

This is why I’ve crossed “see the Falcons win the Super Bowl” off my bucket list and will replace it with something more realistic, like “build my own moon rocket” or “buy Quebec”.  

Exactly with those meaningless wins we got in our own way: we retained a bad stale coach, a mediocre GM, and screwed our draft position because lord knows, anything past picks 1-7, this front office has a great chance at missing.

The end result, they are gonna get fired at the end of the year anyway and we will be drafting from the middle again and every player on the roster will have more mileage on them. What a great favor they did us fans. The won games that didn’t matter and it feels like we lost

27 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

“Vic played his heart and soul out for us” lmfao remember when he didn’t even show up for OTAs after Quinn publicly backed him. Keep defending the mediocrity 

That was one moment, what about all the times he put his body on the line for this team?

1 hour ago, notthatcool said:

This is a stupid debate to have in April.

Yell at me in December and we can see who's philosophy was correct. 

By the tanker logic we should have tanked the last two seasons so now is a great time to debate this subject.

1 hour ago, bradbowski said:

If the goal is championships, then strategic tanking must be done...  Improve your draft capital...  Kick the tires on the young guys.

But congratulations to everyone whose pride and old school mentality wants to see a winning streak when it doesn't matter.

"The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride f-ing with you. F- pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps." 2d36c90163f6431f8c044608d4c14e3d.jpg

WTF is 'strategic tanking'? Lmfao you all are funny, wow

yes there are die hards who want to win despite all consequences.  But what I care not at all about is seeing a mediocre team winning meaningless game--or better, many fans just stop watching altogether.  I tried but just couldn't watch this team the last half of the season for more than a few minutes here and there.  All I care about is getting to a super bowl and to do that we needed very high draft picks given how little money we have for FAs.  In my world, that makes me a fan.  I'm just not blindly loyal--it hurts too much to see us mediocre year after year.

It's a little like the South continuing to fight a much stronger enemy that was bound to win in time, just stubborn pride.

11 hours ago, vitaman said:

Had we lost a few more games and picked say 9th, we might have drafted CJ Henderson.

He is a higher "rated" pick. He probably had a slightly better College career. But only time will tell if he is a better NFL player. You could argue that AJ's physicality will translate better.

This is true. I completely agree with this. You can't tell who will be great well enough.

But the other side is, when you start trading tons of picks away to move _up_ in the draft, it becomes obvious that you could've kept all that capital just by losing some meaningless games. So there's clear value there when trades are on the table.

The thing that really kills me is this -- we tossed an entire half a season straight into the toilet. And then, on top of that we suddenly had to go world class and win out? It's the worst of both possible worlds.

Edited by DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins