Jump to content

Do You Like That TankerBoys?


Recommended Posts

Tanking is stupid. So you want a high draft pick? What if that player doesn't work out? You tank again next year and again until you find someone to singlehandedly win you 4 games in the playoffs? You play to win the game, its as simple as that. No free agent or draft pick wants to play for a team that constantly loses; fans don't want to buy a losing teams merchandise either.

Edited by quickzero
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wanted a chance at Javon Kinlaw falling to you, or being in striking distance for a Brown or Henderson! Instead you got a guy we'd be kinda happy we got in the 2nd at 16th overall!  Don'

I really don’t understand how hard it is to comprehend that professional athletes do not “tank.” Why in the world would an individual, who is trying to play well to keep his job, intentionally play po

They sure do . That 6-2 run was nice . Should carry over into next year . Lmfaoooo . sn: they’re all raging Now 

15 minutes ago, quickzero said:

Tanking is stupid. So you want a high draft pick? What if that player doesn't work out? You tank again next year and again until you find someone to singlehandedly win you 4 games in the playoffs? You play to win the game its as simple as that. No free agent or draft pick wants to play for a team that constantly loses; fans don't want to buy a losing teams merchandise either.

They were eliminated. The games didn’t matter 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 5stripes said:

Great another moral victory. Congrats team 

Again, you missed the point entirely. You step out on a football field and try to lose and let's see how many more times you're allowed to play in a game. Athletes are trained to win and give it their all every single time. Besides that, drafting high doesn't guarantee you wins the next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, quickzero said:

Again, you missed the point entirely. You step out on a football field and try to lose and let's see how many more times you're allowed to play in a game. Athletes are trained to win and give it their all every single time. Besides that, drafting high doesn't guarantee you wins the next season.

If only they were trained to win when it mattered

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vandy said:

How cute, a Tankerboy thread to whine about our draft pick. 

But you don't understand, we all REALLY wanted Chase Young, so please **** your job so I can have a new toy.

You would have thought that a crisis where tens of millions just went out of work would snap some judgement into their heads, but they still can't comprehend why guys in one of the highest paying and highest turnover jobs don't want to put bad film on tape.  Did you try to tell them that you REALLY REALLY wanted him?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FalconAge said:

The tankers refer to the fans rooting for the team to lose meaningless games for a higher draft slot, not the players intentionally losing games. 

Neither fans nor players can tank though, only a coaching staff/front office can.t

Thank you.  This is the kinda guy you get at a midrange pick.  Anyone that has any intelligence at all knows that a team isn't going to tank.  Not with coaches and gm''s  jobs on the line and players certainly aren't going to do that ****.  As a fan, looking toward the future, if the games are close(ie a debo pick, matt bryant make or miss here or there) I''m almost fine with them them losing a few games at the end of a lost season.  That being said, we ended up in the middle basically and I'm glad we didn't trade the proverbial farm for someone that isn't a sure thing.  We need a cb, this guy looks alright and we still have picks!  Obviously I've had a few beers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

If the games are meaningless who cares

If you think the games are meaningless, then why do you care? Why be a fan at all if, other than the few dynasties, there is a strong chance that almost all of the seasons will be meaningless, by your metric?

Are you suggesting a communist utopia where no one wins or loses? Sounds great, but if not, then wins are kind of the primary objective of the game and rooting interest, regardless of whether you whine about Chase Young or not.

I choose meaning of your so-called "meaningless" games, so therefore they mean something. So now what? Oh right, it means that your meaningless whining means nothing about anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, B3TD said:

If you think the games are meaningless, then why do you care? Why be a fan at all if, other than the few dynasties, there is a strong chance that almost all of the seasons will be meaningless, by your metric?

Are you suggesting a communist utopia where no one wins or loses? Sounds great, but if not, then wins are kind of the primary objective of the game and rooting interest, regardless of whether you whine about Chase Young or not.

I choose meaning of your so-called "meaningless" games, so therefore they mean something. So now what? Oh right, it means that your meaningless whining means nothing about anything.

They are meaningless once you are eliminated from playoff contention. Literally playing for nothing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, falconidae said:

If the falcons had tanked, there would be a new GM and HC. Whatever  any fan thinks about the idea, no HC or GN can afford to tank for better draft position.

That does sound right. But how could a GM and HC afford to blow an entire half of a season by being completely unready to play? It's surprising what a GM and a HC can afford apparently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, falconidae said:

If the falcons had tanked, there would be a new GM and HC. Whatever  any fan thinks about the idea, no HC or GN can afford to tank for better draft position.

I’d take a new coach and Chase Young over Captain catchphrase and AJ Terrell. Quinn won’t be here next year anyway

Edited by 5stripes
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 5stripes said:

They are meaningless once you are eliminated from playoff contention. Literally playing for nothing 

I ended the debate before because I felt I won since you kept saying the same thing but let me say it one more time; the games mean EVERYTHING to the players and coaches. These guys are literally payed based on their performance. The games maybe meaningless to you but this team winning and losing doesn't affect you at all unless you are betting on the games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, quickzero said:

I ended the debate before because I felt I won since you kept saying the same thing but let me say it one more time; the games mean EVERYTHING to the players and coaches. These guys are literally payed based on their performance. The games maybe meaningless to you but this team winning and losing doesn't affect you at all unless you are betting on the games.

DsXrjv9VAAAvqxv.jpg

yeah ok, means everything 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...