Do You Like That TankerBoys?

You wanted a chance at Javon Kinlaw falling to you, or being in striking distance for a Brown or Henderson!

Instead you got a guy we'd be kinda happy we got in the 2nd at 16th overall! 

Don't you look dumb, all those wins after we got eliminated from the playoffs sure were worth it for this gem of a pick!  And we get him for 5 years!

You must really hate this team to want an playmaker  in the draft in exchange for those sweet, sweet, meaningless wins!

Can I get an amen from Falconsfansince1970!?!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wanted a chance at Javon Kinlaw falling to you, or being in striking distance for a Brown or Henderson! Instead you got a guy we'd be kinda happy we got in the 2nd at 16th overall!  Don'

I really don’t understand how hard it is to comprehend that professional athletes do not “tank.” Why in the world would an individual, who is trying to play well to keep his job, intentionally play po

They sure do . That 6-2 run was nice . Should carry over into next year . Lmfaoooo . sn: they’re all raging Now 

Just now, GeorgiaBoyz said:

They sure do . That 6-2 run was nice . Should carry over into next year . Lmfaoooo .

sn: they’re all raging Now 

No they're not, they're trying to justify it by either saying the pick is good or that they really don't care that much anyway.

I will say, it's made me way less mad than it would have years prior. every year just gets worse and worse so I care less and less

2 minutes ago, McSpanker said:

No they're not, they're trying to justify it by either saying the pick is good or that they really don't care that much anyway.

I will say, it's made me way less mad than it would have years prior. every year just gets worse and worse so I care less and less

Me & you both man . I’m still a fan but 28-3 & everything after has made it less and less bothersome . It’s more funny than anything . 

AMEN

never been so discouraged as a fan, just meh   we HAD to bring in talent this year to be anything more than mediocre   how is it people on this board figure out such creative scenarios, and our GM can't even think to move back and get picks along with a great safety or the second best DE in the draft?  7-9 next year if we're lucky with so many good teams to play, but hey maybe tickets will be cheaper

2 minutes ago, Sportsman2593 said:

I really don’t understand how hard it is to comprehend that professional athletes do not “tank.” Why in the world would an individual, who is trying to play well to keep his job, intentionally play poorly?

The tankers refer to the fans rooting for the team to lose meaningless games for a higher draft slot, not the players intentionally losing games. 

Neither fans nor players can tank though, only a coaching staff/front office can.

1 minute ago, FalconAge said:

The tankers refer to the fans rooting for the team to lose meaningless games for a higher draft slot, not the players intentionally losing games. 

Neither fans nor players can tank though, only a coaching staff/front office can.

I would disagree with the notion that a coaching staff or front office can ever fully “tank.” You can claim that the administration or staff intentionally “sits” certain talents or “punts” the ability to improve the roster until a future season, but they have to field a team, and the players will always play to the best of their ability. 

2 minutes ago, KHAOS said:

I never want the team to tank ever. Its bad sportsmanship.

I agree.

Also trading players that can help you win games for future draft picks is bad sportsmanship. Trying to help your team in the future at the expense of the present is just plain wrong.

Sitting your starters so they can be fresh for the playoffs, also bad sportsmanship. It makes you much more likely to lose, and those fans paid their money!

43 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

If you don't always want to win then you're a loser.

If you like tanking go be a Dolphins, Browns, or Jaguars fan. It's worked out so well for them over the past 20+ years.

Or to the Braves and their team with no future after a tank rebuild...

55 minutes ago, Sportsman2593 said:

I really don’t understand how hard it is to comprehend that professional athletes do not “tank.” Why in the world would an individual, who is trying to play well to keep his job, intentionally play poorly?

I agree. You’d think people realize people’s jobs were at jeopardy. The players played for Quinn and TD. If they didn’t, those two would be gone. Those “meaningless wins” meant something to them. Idk how many times this has to be said, but it’s been way too many times. 

The kid will probably work out fine.  But the reality is; he is not a 16th round pick until we made him one.  Just more CONTINUITY.  Which translated means doing the same things over and over with the same results... now that would not be a bad thing if we were a winning team with a fantastic coaching staff but we have none of that. We have Quinn and TD... champions of mediocrity.  LOL.... at least all those Quinn huggers don't have anymore ammunition to keep telling me how DQ is da man. :munch: