We just reached for Terrell

1 minute ago, WFColonel56 said:

At the end of the day do you feel better about the CB position after this pick? I dont We have Oliver and Scheff and now homeboy. Who is the #1? Who separates themselves from the others? is it going to be this kid? Is he even going to start? We cant even say that... I dont hate the kid, im just speaking from a team building perspective. If you cant 100% say he will start at the very least why select him over 2LBs that we NEED to start. We need at least 1 LB we select this draft to start and another one to possibly play REAL snaps.

Lets say we 100% couldnt move back then im going w the position we need more desperately to make an impact . Not to mention another CB will be there in the 2nd. There were a lot of guys in the same talent area. 

Just my take

Do I feel better about the secondary vs the other alternatives (keeping in mind that trading up didn't work out). Umm, yes, at least we have a guy they like to try to fill it. You can't just say, well there's better value elsewhere, let's just do nothing to solve our glaring need at CB.

There are other questions about the pick, but bickering about value is pointless. You don't win any more games with great value if it isn't what you need.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

explain why you are right

Should have fired TD when we had the chance

Terrell is a good corner We did not mortgage the rest of the draft to get him Tons of good players between 16 and 47 to build out this team. Do I love it...no but I can get with it.

1 minute ago, ArthursMoustache said:

Are you NUTS?  Look at the body of work. SEC v ACC. Don't even...Who gives a $hit abt the National Title game? He got ROASTED.

It was ONE game did you see any of his other 40+ games? The dude was good. I'm not a huge fan but **** no point of continually bitchin about it. We'll see how he turns out and also what we do with the rest of the draft.

1 minute ago, Dukeduke211 said:

Lets give him a chance to see if it was a reach

In what way? He's not a pass rusher, and now when the other teams line up on the Falcons they can rest assured that the pass rush is going to be coming from Fowler or Jarret, because it dang sure ain't coming from anywhere else. That's not to say those two aren't great pass rushers, I'm just saying the Falcons should have built on those two players by drafting another elite Pass Rusher and loaded up, because you don't need great CB's if the QB has a loaded pass rushing team after him to think about when going back to throw. 

Oh well..... DUMB PICK in my opinion!  SAME OLD FALCONS! Should have fired this coaching staff and TD last year around mid season. This old HOORAY GIVE THEM A CHANCE CRAP, I have heard that since this team was first formed. 

I'll watch them, of course because I am a fan, and NO THEY DO NOT KNOW MORE THAN ME OR YOU reading this as Falcons fans, that should be obvious by now. But you can bet this much, I am going to keep complaining because if I didn't care I wouldn't have nothing to say in the first place!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!! Wasted season with this 1st pick. Just my opinion.......... 

3 minutes ago, ArthursMoustache said:

What the h_ll are you talking about? Those that WATCH SEC Football know better.  I called keanu from the get.  He changed games... But whatever you want to say. I'm sure you're a Dawg fan.  Both are PRO BOWLERS.  You never saw them get SMOKED like Terrell on a national stage.  Just stop.  I'm sure having # of poasts means something on here but logic obviously isn't one of them.  THis pick will get scrutinized enough by the media.

Neal and Debo were HATED by the media you clown. They were C grades. Sheesh you're dense. 

5 minutes ago, ArthursMoustache said:

Are you NUTS?  Look at the body of work. SEC v ACC. Don't even...Who gives a $hit abt the National Title game? He got ROASTED.

2 pro bowlers and you are saying this guy was MORE productive in college? GTFO

Key word COLLEGE. How did you honestly feel about Neal and Jones initially? You GTFO.

3 minutes ago, B3TD said:

Do I feel better about the secondary vs the other alternatives (keeping in mind that trading up didn't work out). Umm, yes, at least we have a guy they like to try to fill it. You can't just say, well there's better value elsewhere, let's just do nothing to solve our glaring need at CB.

There are other questions about the pick, but bickering about value is pointless. You don't win any more games with great value if it isn't what you need.

I just hope the LB position works out. LB is the softest corp on the team. DJ is the only person we can say is a constant. Foyesade Oluokun is a guy I like and want to see more of  but hes a huge wildcard. But besides them theres literally 0 there. Moving Neal there may be the answer but who knows man. I just hope it works itself out

3 minutes ago, xFalconLord said:

We filled a need with a very good football player..  I would have gone with Chaisson, but oh well.  Im guessing the rest of our picks will be folks in the front seven. 

Did we sign someone before the draft that I'm unaware of? Please tell me who this "very good player" is, because I KNOW you didn't mean AJ "Victory Road" Terrell.

1 minute ago, Em_Jae20 said:

Everyone who hated this pick wanted us to draft K'Lavon Chaisson 

No, it's the fact that just having Grady Jarret and Fowler are not enough for a pass rush. If your team has an elite pass rush they don't need elite CB's, actually elite CB's are a waste of time, the game is won on the O-line and D-line and the Falcons needed more help on the D-line. What do Falcons do? They rise up and draft a CB instead of an elite pass rusher....... 

9 minutes ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

In what way? He's not a pass rusher, and now when the other teams line up on the Falcons they can rest assured that the pass rush is going to be coming from Fowler or Jarret, because it dang sure ain't coming from anywhere else. That's not to say those two aren't great pass rushers, I'm just saying the Falcons should have built on those two players by drafting another elite Pass Rusher and loaded up, because you don't need great CB's if the QB has a loaded pass rushing team after him to think about when going back to throw. 

Oh well..... DUMB PICK in my opinion!  SAME OLD FALCONS! Should have fired this coaching staff and TD last year around mid season. This old HOORAY GIVE THEM A CHANCE CRAP, I have heard that since this team was first formed. 

I'll watch them, of course because I am a fan, and NO THEY DO NOT KNOW MORE THAN ME OR YOU reading this as Falcons fans, that should be obvious by now. But you can bet this much, I am going to keep complaining because if I didn't care I wouldn't have nothing to say in the first place!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!! Wasted season with this 1st pick. Just my opinion.......... 

:munch: I agree with every word.

16 minutes ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

No, it's the fact that just having Grady Jarret and Fowler are not enough for a pass rush. If your team has an elite pass rush they don't need elite CB's, actually elite CB's are a waste of time, the game is won on the O-line and D-line and the Falcons needed more help on the D-line. What do Falcons do? They rise up and draft a CB instead of an elite pass rusher....... 

What elite pass rusher was their at 16 for us to take?