We just reached for Terrell

This same braintrust brought you a defensive end that has no lower body flexibility and a short-armed offensive tackle who excelled in a college technique that doesn't exist in the pros.

Georgia is a state that loves embarrassing itself. Whether its the Superbowl, the College Football National Championship, or even avoiding a pandemic ,we are there to make every other state feel good in comparison. 

Edited by FalconAge

Just now, Monolith2001 said:
  1. Terrell is a good corner
  2. We did not mortgage the rest of the draft to get him
  3. Tons of good players between 16 and 47 to build out this team.

Do I love it...no but I can get with it.   All the guys I coveted most were gone and I didn't want to trade up so this works.

So rather have a soft zone Cb than a pile mover at DL?  Have you seen our Dline the last decade?!!!

2 minutes ago, ArthursMoustache said:

I would have traded up for Kinlaw....and i guarantee you, we THOUGHT he was falling but as soon as 49ers traded we were fcked...

That wasn’t my question. The Falcons on the clock and the pick is in... if it’s not a corner, what player is being added there that makes the dline so much better?

5 minutes ago, philosophico said:

I would have rather went BPA then. Draft for need yes, if the player you wanted is not at the spot then BPA, or trade back. Dont reach. Terrell was going to be around.

AJ is a good pick at 16 considering what was on the board. Would much prefer him to chaisson and I don't see why people think he would be there in the second. Also would much prefer AJ to Lamb who was BPA.

3 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

We play a cover 3 fellas not man to man. Why not Terrel? He's long consistent at the point, ask him to travel, play cat coverage, not his thing. He fits, lol... I don't get it.

What you just described you don’t draft with a top 20 pick. I know nothing about the guy so I have no opinion, but what you said definitely doesn’t make me confident

1 minute ago, ArthursMoustache said:

I would have traded up for Kinlaw....and i guarantee you, we THOUGHT he was falling but as soon as 49ers traded we were fcked...

EXACTLY! They think having a balanced team is the way to go, but the problem with that is you are one player being hurt away from having any weapons to deal with the other team. 

With a loaded team on pass rushers you don't have that problem because you don't need superstar CB's to cover when the QB is forced to run around in the backfield. 

I don't care how good this CB is, it is NOT what the Falcons needed in my opinion. The reason I think Arthur blank has kept Thomas D. around is because he wants to run this team on a budget and look forward when it comes to who he's going to have to pay for their services. He's already got names to put people in the seats, or watch on TV however that all works out. 

HORRIBLE PICK! CB! Are you freaking kidding me? Why did they just sign 3 other CB's only to pick 1  more? The idea of competition is stupid! Should have picked a known winner. 

Oh well just my opinion. Sorry to rant a bit, but at least I'm being honest here. 

Just now, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

EXACTLY! They think having a balanced team is the way to go, but the problem with that is you are one player being hurt away from having any weapons to deal with the other team. 

With a loaded team on pass rushers you don't have that problem because you don't need superstar CB's to cover when the QB is forced to run around in the backfield. 

I don't care how good this CB is, it is NOT what the Falcons needed in my opinion. The reason I think Arthur blank has kept Thomas D. around is because he wants to run this team on a budget and look forward when it comes to who he's going to have to pay for their services. He's already got names to put people in the seats, or watch on TV however that all works out. 

HORRIBLE PICK! CB! Are you freaking kidding me? Why did they just sign 3 other CB's only to pick 1  more? The idea of competition is stupid! Should have picked a known winner. 

Oh well just my opinion. Sorry to rant a bit, but at least I'm being honest here. 

Sums it up.....Apparently the talk of Sheffield was false bravado.  Now we have someone that arguably can't beat out Sheffield.  IDK....same $hit different year.