Get Bigger on the Edges Please!

slider

1 minute ago, slider said:

No , don't get me wrong, I'm not judging something that hasn't happened yet. If he works out great, it's just been an observation of mine that  having watched the game since Y.A. Tittle was lacing them up, the trend of getting smaller on the outside may have run it's course. The game changes constantly and I think it needs to go back more in the larger, stronger category for edge guys.

Fair enough I just think we’ve drafted too much athlete and lesser worried about the football player.For me physical is a mindset size doesn’t matter too much.I mean Chaisson at 6’3 255 odd is a physical DE though he stands up much like Fowler same size same sought of mindset.We just gotta find the right blend of athleticism vs size for me.

Just now, UGABOZ said:

so get slower also?

When you have one yard to contact the OT, you don't need world class speed, you need strong and explosive. Speed is a different thing when you're talking over a 5 to 7 yard burst. It's more like explosiveness.

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Fair enough I just think we’ve drafted too much athlete and lesser worried about the football player.For me physical is a mindset size doesn’t matter too much.I mean Chaisson at 6’3 255 odd is a physical DE though he stands up much like Fowler same size same sought of mindset.We just gotta find the right blend of athleticism vs size for me.

Boom. I couldn't agree more.

3 hours ago, k-train said:

As does the team's site, ESPN, Rotoworld, CBS Sports, Pro Football Reference & basically any other site worth mentioning (even wikipedia)

He was 261 at the combine in 2015.

Yet, for some reason, when you do a Google search for him, the information box on the right says he weighs 267. I'm assuming that's why the dude earlier said he was in the 265-270 range. :shrug:

Exactly.  My bad