The totally not about the NFL Draft thread...

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am finally done with TD. So many drafts where we used 4th/5th round picks on guys who were projected to go undrafted... and almost all of them turned out be just what everone else thought, a waste of time... and it won’t be any different with these guys... Jarrett was the one time we went for someone who slipped (he had a 2nd/3rd round grade) but since then TD developed the „smartest guy in the room“ complex and believes he can turn trash into gold. No little Thomas, you turned 4th round picks - supposed to deliver rotational pieces, future starters - into completely lost picks.

I have no problem with those players itself and will give them a chance... just don’t reach for them in the 4th round. Trade back into later rounds, add even more bodies and pick them in those later rounds. Even saves a little bit of cap. But watching those picks today made me wish we had actually traded up and surrendered those pick all gogether. At least we wouldthen  not have drafted Alford 2.0 or Konz 2.0. The only player who will actually be with this team in 5 years will be Davidson. Maybe.

But at least we didn‘t trade away 2021 picks so our new GM and new HC will have a full arsenal of picks.

Edited by Herr Beast
39 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

I am finally done with TD. So many drafts where we used 4th/5th round picks on guys who were projected to go undrafted... and almost all of them turned out be just what everone else thought, a waste of time... and it won’t be any different with these guys... Jarrett was the one time we went for someone who slipped (he had a 2nd/3rd round grade) but since then TD developed the „smartest guy in the room“ complex and believes he can turn trash into gold. No little Thomas, you turned 4th round picks - supposed to deliver rotational pieces, future starters - into completely lost picks.

I have no problem with those players itself and will give them a chance... just don’t reach for them in the 4th round. Trade back into later rounds, add even more bodies and pick them in those later rounds. Even saves a little bit of cap. But watching those picks today made me wish we had actually traded up and surrendered those pick all gogether. At least we wouldthen  not have drafted Alford 2.0 or Konz 2.0. The only player who will actually be with this team in 5 years will be Davidson. Maybe.

But at least we didn‘t trade away 2021 picks so our new GM and new HC will have a full arsenal of picks.

Saying that a guy taken in the 4th would be there in the 7th is stupid because you do not know other teams draft boards..

34 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Saying that a guy taken in the 4th would be there in the 7th is stupid because you do not know other teams draft boards..

And neither does Tommy. His track record indicates as much.

It doesn‘t matter anyway, 2020 is a gap year no matter what. DQ‘s farewell tour. At least AB didn‘t allow those clowns to use 2021 picks trying to save their skin. 

I just hope corona doesn‘t cancel the 2020 season. I would hate to see those clowns here in 2021.