My theory? TD gets deal done for Chase Young, and it costs us 2 drafts.

Opinion is that it would absolutely be a win for us. I know we talk about draft capital and how it’s important for depth but screw that... We need a home run on the defensive side and the Redskins? TD just may have to make them an offer they can’t refuse. I think the deal gets done, we get even more media attention, and when the dust is settled, everyone is happy. I’ve been very against trades like this but this will give a spark to city and fans like you wouldn’t believe and we have a LOT of people from Ohio living in Ga so we get more support, more media attention, and most importantly, a really good DE. There is no way we don’t win the trade even with two years of draft capital given. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We do this and it sets our team back for years in imho. That's even believing CY is all world which no one can predict. 

this team with this situation (aging stars - Ryan/Julio) and this salary cap hades - cannot afford to tie two drafts into 1 player.    Think about it.   While Falcons can always make "some moves"

Agreed, I think if we stay at #16 and pick Kinlaw it is a good situation for us. Of course he has to be there, but all indications are he will be. 

Just now, ArthursMoustache said:

Super pricey pick.  This place will melt down if we give away the farm.  My biggest fear is that we trade up for a DT that isn't a difference maker.

Agreed, I think if we stay at #16 and pick Kinlaw it is a good situation for us. Of course he has to be there, but all indications are he will be. 

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

It's going to be super interesting because so much uncertainty on picks 3-9.  I could def see us staying put and landing either Henderson or Kinlaw.  BUT, this FO likes to go get there guy.  Lots whined about going up to get Neal.

this team with this situation (aging stars - Ryan/Julio) and this salary cap hades - cannot afford to tie two drafts into 1 player.   

Think about it.   While Falcons can always make "some moves" - Falcons have less money than 90% of the league now in salary cap - you can only "DRAFT" your way out of that situation - you cannot add one player and solve the riddle.

The way rookie and vet deals are structured now it simply does not make sense to trade away picks like it did when we traded for Julio.  You need as many players as possible on rookie deals to win these days as vet deals are so inflated.  Just for maximum cap friendly deals you need to fill out roster depth with talented rookies instead of low-tier free agents.  

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

this team with this situation (aging stars - Ryan/Julio) and this salary cap hades - cannot afford to tie two drafts into 1 player.   

Think about it.   While Falcons can always make "some moves" - Falcons have less money than 90% of the league now in salary cap - you can only "DRAFT" your way out of that situation - you cannot add one player and solve the riddle.

Disagree. This team is rebuilding in 2-3 years anyway. Once Ryan declines/retires it’s all over. 

Just now, g-dawg said:

The salary cap will increase over the next few years.

3 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

The way rookie and vet deals are structured now it simply does not make sense to trade away picks like it did when we traded for Julio.  You need as many players as possible on rookie deals to win these days as vet deals are so inflated.  Just for maximum cap friendly deals you need to fill out roster depth with talented rookies instead of low-tier free agents.  

Some good points here, and it also make me hope we didn't overpay for Fowler and his last season wasn't a fluke. We need to hit on his signing real bad because Takk is no guarantee either. 

Moving up to two would cost us this years first, next years first, and probably a few seconds. Not a fan of moving up that much. I’ve seen a bit of decline in Ryan’s game. I’m imagining this potential move as a “We must win now!” scenario. With Ryan and Julio getting up there in age, it’s only a matter of time before we need to move on from them. 

1 minute ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Myles Garrett had 7 sacks his first year. Is 7 sacks the difference between 7-9 and a Super Bowl? Cause you've got to win it all to justify this type of move.

Nightmare scenario, we trade next years draft, Ryan goes down, and we are staring down Trevor Lawrence....except we're not.

Young is a better prospect than Garrett and he played on the Browns. Also, he created constant pressure. 

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

Moving up to two would cost us this years first, next years first, and probably a few seconds. Not a fan of moving up that much. I’ve seen a bit of decline in Ryan’s game. I’m imagining this potential move as a “We must win now!” scenario. With Ryan and Julio getting up there in age, it’s only a matter of time before we need to move on from them. 

Exactly why you go all in now. Same reason we traded up for Julio. Roddy, Tony and Abe were on their last legs. 

4 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Although Young is top priority, I see Simmons being the fall back, and we save a little on capital, while getting an elite defensive prospect. 

the problem w/ going after Simmons is I believe you would have to move to #4 to get him.   My guess is Carolina has Simmons #1 on their board and Brown#2.    I still believe Dolphins/Bolts are taking QBs - all this smoke right now is just that.

Just now, jfalconsp said:

We need a constant influx of cheap rookies at this point to keep our roster going. The salary cap is going to keep going up. If we want a stud pass rusher that much, trade our 1st for Yannick and pay him and be done with it. Dude is only 25.

Says he wants cheap rookies then wants to pay a upper-mid tier pass rusher 20+ mil

I have a theory. No matter what TD does people will complain.

Would I make the trade if I am TD? Probably not.

With that said, Young is a generational talent just like Julio. I am not saying he will have the type of career Young has, but guys like Young are very rare. If you are going to trade draft picks for someone, it better be someone like Young.