*** Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread: Round 1 ***

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dudes mom ran a 4.3? Good luck avoiding that @$$ whoopin.

Dollar store Alford. lol

Political arguments in this thread equal automatic suspension.      Stop.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

Not saying it will happen but what if i told you that we could start Hennesey as Center this year and cut Mack creating like 8 million to 10 million in cap space.  Plus the 10 million coming from Trufant thats a smooth 20 mil to play with for a legit defensive playmaker.   We could then a 4th this year and a 1st next year for Adams and use that freed up cap space to sign Adams long term.     Would you be ok with moving on from Mack 1 year early if it allowed us to get a star at Safety for the next 5 years?

If they had wanted to cut Mack, they would have been cordial enough to cut him by now so he would have time to find a new team.  Ryan also probably would not want a rookie center and would demand some experience.

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

Cushenberry was the anchor of a national championship line.  Has agility AND power

but we take a light in the pants guy that played nobodies.

LSU was a lot of good parts at once - some of them will not be as good separated.

Hennessy was great with only mediocre talent around him.

10 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Not saying it will happen but what if i told you that we could start Hennesey as Center this year and cut Mack creating like 8 million to 10 million in cap space.  Plus the 10 million coming from Trufant thats a smooth 20 mil to play with for a legit defensive playmaker.   We could then send a 4th this year and a 1st next year for Adams to the Jets and use that freed up cap space to sign Adams long term.     Would you be ok with moving on from Mack 1 year early if it allowed us to get a star at Safety for the next 5 years?

No. Don't want a rookie starting at center between two potentially inexperienced guards. That's a recipe for disaster.

9 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

If they had wanted to cut Mack, they would have been cordial enough to cut him by now so he would have time to find a new team.  Ryan also probably would not want a rookie center and would demand some experience.

Not sure i can say they would have without having a legit replacement in place 1st.   That wouldn't have been very smart to do and i honestly don't think any NFL  front office is above making business decisions lol.  I have seen plenty of teams including the falcons make some shady moves over the years just to better themselves if they think they can.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

No. Don't want a rookie starting at center between two potentially inexperienced guards. That's a recipe for disaster.

I can understandably see why you wouldn't want to do that and it makes sense for sure for next year with TD and Quinn on the hot seat.  If they had more leeway i could see it as a possiblity if they were thinking more for the long haul without worried about being fired.   Plus with that much cap space i think we could find a much cheaper vet Center for 1 year like a  Shipley, Kalil, or Hap coming off his injury.     Still it's a crazy long shot and just hypothetical i honestly don't believe it's anything we would ever do lol.

3 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

We need to start looking at free agency LBs available once we get this post June 1st Trufant money.

Nigel Bradham

Darron Lee

That's really our limited options. That's not really anything to get excited about unless we make a trade for somebody, but I highly doubt it.

Theirs still plenty of Quality LB's to get in this draft don't write them off yet my friend.    Gaithers, Harrison, Taylor, Dye, and Strnad   Thats just at OLB not including lb's like Baun thats edge rushers to which would be   Weaver, Greenard, Robinson, Anae, amd Highsmith.     Their are TONS of LB/Edge players left in this draft.   We can grab one of those and still target one in FA if we want honestly.  Same with Dennard at CB if we still want to target him also to add to our CB group.

7 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

Anyone know what New Orleans gave up to move up to Cleveland’s pick?

The Cleveland Browns traded the No. 74 overall pick along with a seventh-round pick (No. 244 overall) to the New Orleans Saints for the No. 88 overall pick and a 2021 third-round selection.

You can keep up with all the trades here.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/draft-tracker/