*** Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread: Round 1 ***

Monoxide

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I would say he’s been on our board in about that range for awhile.

Finally we can say good bye to Harlow.

Yep. That was a miss. Gotta hope Hennessy isn’t it.

I think he has to learn/improve his technique and positional refinement/acumen behind Mack, but his athleticism is ahead of Alex Mack when he tested coming out of Cal. Way better athlete than Harlow.

1 minute ago, Schwarzwald said:

Yep. That was a miss. Gotta hope Hennessy isn’t it.

I think he has to learn/improve his technique and positional refinement/acumen behind Mack, but his athleticism is ahead of Alex Mack when he tested coming out of Cal. Way better athlete than Harlow.

From the looks of things he has the quickness just not the strength in the run game.Something he’ll have to improve on.Outside zone though he’s what the doctor ordered in the run game.

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

The excuse is always “oh he’s perfect for zone”

until he’s getting pushed back and abused by a guy with some power.

Hate this pick.  I realize you need a center who can move in a zone run scheme, but last time I checked  we tend to pass quite a bit and I can see this kid getting shoved back into Ryan's lap pretty much every play.    

Just now, BendFalcon said:

Hate this pick.  I realize you need a center who can move in a zone run scheme, but last time I checked  we tend to pass quite a bit and I can see this kid getting shoved back into Ryan's lap pretty much every play.    

That’s literally all I see...

15 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The Falcons picked Matt Hennessy, center from Temple. There's the long-term replacement for Alex Mack. Glad he gets a year to learn under Mack before he takes over in 2021. Can't be upset about this pick. Mack isn't getting any younger.

And has struggled with nagging injuries and a drop in production from his 2016 form. Good pick. 

14 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

We need playmakers and players that can contribute right now defensively.  Our defense is still severely lacking.  Instead we do the Falcons thing and get an agile center lol. 

Not saying it will happen but what if i told you that we could start Hennesey as Center this year and cut Mack creating like 8 million to 10 million in cap space.  Plus the 10 million coming from Trufant thats a smooth 20 mil to play with for a legit defensive playmaker.   We could then send a 4th this year and a 1st next year for Adams to the Jets and use that freed up cap space to sign Adams long term.     Would you be ok with moving on from Mack 1 year early if it allowed us to get a star at Safety for the next 5 years?