*** Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread: Round 1 ***

Monoxide

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

We need playmakers and players that can contribute right now defensively.  Our defense is still severely lacking.  Instead we do the Falcons thing and get an agile center lol. 

If it don't work out they have only themselves to blame for getting fired.

1 minute ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I dont know but he at least adds some real competition to the mix.

Our O line is looking really deep. We are determined to fill that hole at LG by any means lol

Brown and/or Carpenter my end up camp casualties if they dont bring it this year and we just eat the money

Terrell Lewis or Curtis Weaver would of been nice too tho ... at least TD tries to fix the line can’t argue with that 

1 minute ago, Schwarzwald said:

Even if possibly a round early, we can’t afford to go hunting for an Alex Mack after wasting a number of seasons not replacing McClure.

We could move up next round if we want to, but we all knew iOL with projection to replace Mack was a big factor entering this draft.

Imagine needing a TE entering tonight?

So far, we haven’t “directly” replaced Campbell. But...he was a 4th rounder himself. And not irreplaceable.

I would say he’s been on our board in about that range for awhile.

Finally we can say good bye to Harlow.

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Smart pick.  Not sexy, but it’s a solid pick.  

Would have loved Terrell Lewis, though.  Can’t lie.  Weaver still on the board, too

Rookie contracts along OL, so we can go big time FA on defense if we have to next year. Gonna need S, maybe LB still, and more DL infusion next year from a roster standpoint.

If we took a LB or DE there for instance, you run the risk of missing Hennessy or trading up to get him anyway.

We all asked TD to at least not move up and so far he hasn’t.

1 minute ago, takeitdown said:

Thanks.  Makes sense.  Just hope he can hold up.  I have zero interest in interior OL who get pushed back into the QB.

Ruiz is best C in draft overall; but he is not as mobile compared to Hennessey. Hennessey is a perfect fit for the Zone scheme and has a lot of potential to be really good C.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Release Mack after the draft, save 8 mil, sign Clowney profit?

You know i didn't think about that but thats a ton of cap space for a legit playmaker if they think Henn can start right away.  I love me some Alex Mack but it's better to move on before he falls off if you can save that much cap space and use it on a big time defensive playmaker.

2 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Even if possibly a round early, we can’t afford to go hunting for an Alex Mack after wasting a number of seasons not replacing McClure.

We could move up next round if we want to, but we all knew iOL with projection to replace Mack was a big factor entering this draft.

Imagine needing a TE entering tonight?

So far, we haven’t “directly” replaced Campbell. But...he was a 4th rounder himself. And not irreplaceable.

All I remember is Stone flopping as Center for us years back. Hen will be a good backup to learn under Mac and serve as a guard next year. I'm okay with the pick... we just need another starting caliber LB at some point

Just now, m2Falcons said:

Ruiz is best C in draft overall; but he is not as mobile compared to Hennessey. Hennessey is a perfect fit for the Zone scheme and has a lot of potential to be really good C.

His RAS is better than Alex Mack coming out.

You need intelligence, mobility, and ability to anchor when necessary 1on1 to pass protect.

Love the pick.

Glad we got 2 defenders with more premium capital before securing C of the future.

Just now, Dirtier Bird said:

Hennessy got no love from Kiper. “Plays upright and can’t move anybody out of the way.” Pretty harsh. 

That right there makes me like the guy and believe he will be a great player.  I can't stand that hack Kiper always disliked him and think he is one of the worst analysts going these days.   Mayock, Mcshay, and Jeremiah are 100x better than he is and always has been.