*** Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread: Round 1 ***

Monoxide

3 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Fromm is there for the taking.  i could see that happening.  but i can also see them doing nothing at qb.

At one point I pegged Fromm as a first rounder, but did not expect him to come out this year.  I kinda understand why he did.  I still see him as a Pat.

1 minute ago, lymond said:

At one point I pegged Fromm as a first rounder, but did not expect him to come out this year.  I kinda understand why he did.  I still see him as a Pat.

i could see Stidham in there too.  someone pats could mold.  i hope that Dalton has a good career there.  too bad, for him, that he doesn't have brady throwing to him.  

You think Floyd gets drafted? 

10 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

40 out of 106 picks have been SEC players. That's 37.7%. There's a reason the SEC is considered the best conference in college football.

LSU - 10
Alabama - 9
Florida - 4
Auburn - 3
Georgia - 3
Mississippi State - 3
South Carolina - 2
Arkansas - 1
Kentucky - 1
Missouri - 1
Tennessee - 1
Texas A&M - 1
Vanderbilt - 1

4 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

i could see Stidham in there too.  someone pats could mold.  i hope that Dalton has a good career there.  too bad, for him, that he doesn't have brady throwing to him.  

You think Floyd gets drafted? 

Some say Stidham has potential and Dalton may have much better luck in that offense and away from the Bungles.  If Dalton does go to the Pats

I think Floyd will be UDFA unless someone sees something.  You never know.  I remember when the Falcons drafted Mcadam years ago which was a shock.   

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I disagree. I would be pretty ecstatic if we took Brycen Hopkins tomorrow. 

He struggles to get open, has bad hands, and doesn't block well.

Seriously, I tried to like one. The other two who did anything for me were Colby Parkinson and Hunter Bryant. If we had to spend a pick there, I'd want Parkinson. However, I strongly suspect that TD felt the same way, which is why he traded for a guy who was already in the league.

10 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

wow thats pulling deep from the archive.  yes i remember.  was he any good as a falcon?

He played like 4 seasons for the Falcons. Drafted by Dan Reeves.  Mainly special teams but played D quite a bit...started some for a while.  Went to another team for a year or two.  So 5 seasons or so in NFL.  

That was back when there were a few hokies on the Falcons for a while.  Keion Carpenter and Deangelo Hall too.  Jimmy Williams a little later, who was a bust.

8 minutes ago, lymond said:

He played like 4 seasons for the Falcons. Drafted by Dan Reeves.  Mainly special teams but played D quite a bit...started some for a while.  Went to another team for a year or two.  So 5 seasons or so in NFL.  

That was back when there were a few hokies on the Falcons for a while.  Keion Carpenter and Deangelo Hall too.  Jimmy Williams a little later, who was a bust.

ah yes the halcyon days of hokie defensive backs on the Falcons

13 minutes ago, lymond said:

I always liked McCadam because he was a solid special teams player.

1 hour ago, lymond said:

As a UGA alum and avid Dawgs fan, I knew Jake wasn’t a 1st rounder.  He actually left UGA because the pressure was getting to him and he was regressing.

I predicted 4th round if he was taken where his talent lies.

2 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

No I'm not saying we still don't draft one but I think expecting starters at this point is lofty.

In other drafts i might agree with you on this but with as deep as this draft is i would say like 80% of that list i put up are starters more than likely and would be day 2 picks in the majority of other drafts.