Which corner in this year's draft class do you think would be the best fit for Raheem Morris' defense?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Henderson is the corner that fits best, but TATF doesn't like him since he doesn't tackle.

TATF doesn't watch Gator football.....no one has the closing speed that he does.  He looks like he gets beat and then he finds another gear.  Can coach tackling but can't coach that type of athleticis

The most obvious one is Okudah. Another one, assuming Morris will run more zone and less press coverage, is Jaylon Johnson. Less obvious but a good candidate for that scheme is A.J. Terrell. Trayvon D

3 hours ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Henderson is the corner that fits best, but TATF doesn't like him since he doesn't tackle.

Actually you are completely wrong on this my friend and im a fan of Hendersons.  His biggest weakness is Zone coverage and his strength in Man-To-Man .   Henderson would have fit well in Quinns defense not Morris's the same goes for Terrell, Igbin, and Pride.   The 4 guys who mainly fit zone coverages ant not man to man are  Johnson, Diggs, Arnette, and Hall.   If you put Henderson into a man scheme he will be a star if you let him play to his strengths which would be with the Patriots, Seattle, Lions, Dolphins, Ravens, or Bills.   

19 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

To me I see Henderson, Diggs, Dantzler, Terrell, Johnson as comparable players. All but Henderson would be tremendously better value and we could trade back for most of them. Trading up for Henderson would be idiotic with so many corners in the same group.

2 of those are not like the others in skill set and what they do best :)  All similar talented players that i can agree with but 2 of them are better fit for other schemes than the other 3.   The real trick here is to see if Morris actually gets to call these defense and goes to zone scheme and picking his zone players which would be  Diggs, Johnson, and Dantzler.  Or if Quinn continues choosing players for his man press scheme in which we would probably target Henderson and Terrell.   Im hoping it's the 1st 3 and Morris because the rest of our team plays much better under that.  If we do pick Henderson or Terrell it leads me to believe Quinn is probably still calling the shots and might be doing the defense which scares me because we have all see then ugliness over the last few years.

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Actually you are completely wrong on this my friend and im a fan of Hendersons.  His biggest weakness is Zone coverage and his strength in Man-To-Man .   Henderson would have fit well in Quinns defense not Morris's the same goes for Terrell, Igbin, and Pride.   The 4 guys who mainly fit zone coverages ant not man to man are  Johnson, Diggs, Arnette, and Hall.   If you put Henderson into a man scheme he will be a star if you let him play to his strengths which would be with the Patriots, Seattle, Lions, Dolphins, Ravens, or Bills.   

I wouldn't say completely wrong. Morris will be running the Tampa 2 version and all that is, is just cover 3. With that said, you can still run cover 2 man with your corners running trail.

Even then, Hendo has skills to play zone. He wasn't asked to do it much, but that shouldn't lead to him not being able to do it. I don't think this is fluff about us loving him, so the front office likely believes he has those skills to be a man or zone corner. It probably makes more sense to run him strictly in a man scheme, so he can shine more, but I see him shining either way.

37 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

I wouldn't say completely wrong. Morris will be running the Tampa 2 version and all that is, is just cover 3. With that said, you can still run cover 2 man with your corners running trail.

Even then, Hendo has skills to play zone. He wasn't asked to do it much, but that shouldn't lead to him not being able to do it. I don't think this is fluff about us loving him, so the front office likely believes he has those skills to be a man or zone corner. It probably makes more sense to run him strictly in a man scheme, so he can shine more, but I see him shining either way.

The big difference is we ran alot more zone once morris took over and got away from man.  Even Bruce Arians said this after morris said it and Arians credited it as to why we had such a big turn around.  The rest of our guys were struggling in Man and thats mostly because we don't have the Safety's to cover that and make up for the corners mistakes or lack of skills in man.   All im saying is if we do go Henderson and do go back to man mostly scheme like we was under quinn for the most part then the rest of the CB's and safety's are going to struggle because of it.   I doubt Hendersons skills as much as you do in Zone compared to alot of guys that i think are better players than him already.   We better hope that Henderson is so much better at CB than everyone else on the field that he can make up for all of the rest of our secondary struggling in it because we already seen that 1st hand during the 1-7 skid last year under Quinn calling his scheme and plays. 

1 hour ago, Robb4242 said:

Okudah obviously as the far & away top corner. 

I like Reggie Robinson from Tulsa in the 2nd though. 

Wouldn't be terribly upset with Terrell, Arnette, or Fulton with a trade down from 16. 

Welp, didn't get him in a trade down.  Still would have preferred a different direction since we stayed put.