Which corner in this year's draft class do you think would be the best fit for Raheem Morris' defense?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Henderson is the corner that fits best, but TATF doesn't like him since he doesn't tackle.

TATF doesn't watch Gator football.....no one has the closing speed that he does.  He looks like he gets beat and then he finds another gear.  Can coach tackling but can't coach that type of athleticis

The most obvious one is Okudah. Another one, assuming Morris will run more zone and less press coverage, is Jaylon Johnson. Less obvious but a good candidate for that scheme is A.J. Terrell. Trayvon D

The most obvious one is Okudah. Another one, assuming Morris will run more zone and less press coverage, is Jaylon Johnson. Less obvious but a good candidate for that scheme is A.J. Terrell. Trayvon Diggs would also work. Unless they are trading up for Okudah I’d trade back a bit in the 1st or wait until the 2nd, if they still have a pick, and get a scheme fit corner there. 

A guy I think people are sleeping on big time, and who is projected to be there in the late 3rd-5th, is Iowa CB Michael Ojumedia.

6'1"
200 lbs
32 1/4" arms
So, he's got good size

At the combine:
4.45 40
6.87 3-cone
36"vert
122" broad jump
So, he's also got good athleticism

Apparently he wasn't excited initially about playing CB in high school because he "didn't get to hit people enough"
So, he doesn't seem to be afraid to lay the wood

Not only does he have ideal size, ideal length, ideal athleticism, and zero aversion to physicality...
... but he's extremely smart, too. He's graduating in May with an engineering degree.
So, he should have no problem learning the playbook, taking on new info, being coached up, etc.

We did meet with him at the combine in some capacity as well. Not that this really means much at all, but it's a sign that he's at the very least someone they wanted to get a better look at.

He's gonna need a little polishing at the next level, but seems like a dude w/ thepotential to quickly jump from raw rookie to capable starter in a hurry.

19 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Henderson is the corner that fits best, but TATF doesn't like him since he doesn't tackle.

TATF doesn't watch Gator football.....no one has the closing speed that he does.  He looks like he gets beat and then he finds another gear.  Can coach tackling but can't coach that type of athleticism.

2 hours ago, EpicBird said:

The most obvious one is Okudah. Another one, assuming Morris will run more zone and less press coverage, is Jaylon Johnson. Less obvious but a good candidate for that scheme is A.J. Terrell. Trayvon Diggs would also work. Unless they are trading up for Okudah I’d trade back a bit in the 1st or wait until the 2nd, if they still have a pick, and get a scheme fit corner there. 

I think Morris would really love to have either Okudah or Jaylon Johnson if he could get one or the other.

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

Coach Whitt can develop guys so it’ll be interesting if they go high or get someone that’s athletic but needs technique coaching. 

Reggie Robinson

Posted a next gen stat thread about a week ago this guy athletically is right there with the best in the draft.

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4078763-next-gen-stats/

1 hour ago, ArthursMoustache said:

TATF doesn't watch Gator football.....no one has the closing speed that he does.  He looks like he gets beat and then he finds another gear.  Can coach tackling but can't coach that type of athleticism.

His tackling gripe is wrong me thinks. Watched him close from 30 yds away and flatten an Rb or Te; big dude and saved a touchdown because he made the guy fumble right before the GL and it went thru for a touch back. A real bad *** play.

I don't know but on draft day it's easy to say this or that player fits this or that scheme better like they're all equally talented players. What actually ends up happening is most of the players end up being pretty mediocre to lousy and only 1-2 end up being really good. What you have to do is just make sure you get one of those few players who is actually good and figure out scheme later. 

38 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

His tackling gripe is wrong me thinks. Watched him close from 30 yds away and flatten an Rb or Te; big dude and saved a touchdown because he made the guy fumble right before the GL and it went thru for a touch back. A real bad *** play.

He has mental lapses but I think the locker room will dog him out if he starts with business decisions.

3 hours ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

I remember another Falcon cb that had an aversion to tackling people.  He turned out pretty decent. If you are good/great cover corner you won't be asked or expected to make a lot tackles.

5 hours ago, ket222 said:

would it be better to select a cornerback or safety in the first round given our needs?  how far off in abilities are the other cornerbacks from henderson?

To me I see Henderson, Diggs, Dantzler, Terrell, Johnson as comparable players. All but Henderson would be tremendously better value and we could trade back for most of them. Trading up for Henderson would be idiotic with so many corners in the same group.