Derrick Brown

With Derrick Brown in the Jeremiah mock.. If we would get him and only sacrifice our third rounder(that is my hope) you will get a D Line of:

Takk - Brown - Grady - Fowler.. Which O line would not that fear that D Line? 

They will of course not have that, but all of them have 10+ sacks potential.. Everyone - also Takk. I see a huge year for him.

The best way to get to Brees and Brady is inside pressure. We actually saw that in the Super Bowl. Brady was struggling before our D lost gas in the second half. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

If we’re being honest, Fowler and Grady are the only 2 that get respect right now. Unless Takk miraculously gets better and Brown comes in as the next Aaron Donald, it’s too soon to be talking about who doesn’t fear that D line. Gotta prove yourself to be feared. 

Next to Grady, Brown probably will look like Donald. 

2 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

Didn't Takk have one of the best pressure rates in the NFL? I just believe in him and hard to imagine that he will be worse with Fowler and maybe Brown added to the D Line.

2nd best pressure rate in nfl. Need more inside push.

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

I would take Kinlaw over Brown as armchair GM but whether Kinlaw is gone or TD/DQ have Brown higher on their board, Brown's floor to me is 2017 Poe...I'd take that 365 days a year.  I'd be happy with either if we go DT.

Kinlaw seems like the better move as I believe we can get him at #16 and not losing any picks. 

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Kinlaw seems like the better move as I believe we can get him at #16 and not losing any picks. 

If he is the target, I hope you're right.  I really like Kinlaw but I am a stay at 16 or trade back guy for the most part.   This year is weird for me as I really don't care who or how we draft (or where), I just want a team that is successful and fun to watch.  I look back to the 2016 draft and none of those guys were my picks (I did think we would pick Keanu tho) but that draft kicked butt.

1 minute ago, Monolith2001 said:

If he is the target, I hope you're right.  I really like Kinlaw but I am a stay at 16 or trade back guy for the most part.   This year is weird for me as I really don't care who or how we draft (or where), I just want a team that is successful and fun to watch.  I look back to the 2016 draft and none of those guys were my picks (I did think we would pick Keanu tho) but that draft kicked butt.

Same here

2 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I'd be very surprised if Brown ever tops 10 sacks a year. Heck Grady's career best is 7.5 and Brown doesn't project to be a better pass rusher than Grady. 

He isnt,

Every off season this board has a fetish for a UT/ nose tackle who struggles as a Rookie. It was Robert Nkemdiche in 16, Taven Bryan and Vita Vea in 2018, and Christian Wilkins in 2019. There isnt a rookie who is going to come in and all of a sudden make our DL fierce. Lucky for us we are deep at DT, but if we are going to take a DT I either suspect we take a light 3 tech DE/DT like Epenesa, or probably take one in the later rounds. I think this team is set on the DT and more focused on the holes at CB, OG/OC, STs, and LB. 

He is a big Bear... But not mobile enough for my top 20..  let's just say.. not worth the pick it would take to get him.  Not me... Much rather have a mobile Sack machine at DT position.. ,, and you know who those are.. Not to mention any names , their initials are   Kinlaw and Blacklock.. Plus keep all the picks it would take to go up for an un - mobile Brown...  NO!!

2 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I'd be very surprised if Brown ever tops 10 sacks a year. Heck Grady's career best is 7.5 and Brown doesn't project to be a better pass rusher than Grady. 

I’m not saying I disagree with the overall point, but Grady was a 5th rounder so Brown is likely considered a better pass rusher coming out than Grady was(which is probably not true because Grady was solid early)

3 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Takk’s win rates and even pressures are fool’s gold. 

Dude. Can’t. Bend.

OTs can let him beat them outside all day, he can’t reliably stick his foot in the dirt  and bend to actually sack the quarterback. 

Winner Winner!

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

The Falcons were also #2 in pass rush win rate. But if you ride off stats I have no argument. I don’t believe in stats, especially %’s so those arguments are out of my league

Well once the secondary tightened up in the later part of the season the sacks and pressure throws started happening.  So that stat makes some sense.