If we're going for the gold

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

TD could bet another planet the next 10 1st rounders if the Bengals won’t deal they won’t deal so it’s a moot point.

Well you may be right. But Cincy isn't all that strong to take advantage of Burrows talent right away. They can fill a lot of holes with the haul they'd get. And with GM's emotion seldom speaks first.

Just now, Charles Wright said:

Well you may be right. But Cincy isn't all that strong to take advantage of Burrows talent right away. They can fill a lot of holes with the haul they'd get. And with GM's emotion seldom speaks first.

Nope there in a similar situation we were in 08 K.C. and Miami didn’t take Ryan and stood in mediocrity for years while the Falcons prospered.

If the QB of Burrows standing is available it’s a no brainer.You just leave the phone off the hook and don’t take calls.Its a done deal.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Nope there in a similar situation we were in 08 K.C. and Miami didn’t take Ryan and stood in mediocrity for years while the Falcons prospered.

If the QB of Burrows standing is available it’s a no brainer.You just leave the phone off the hook and don’t take calls.Its a done deal.

It was pretty much assumed that the Skins wouldn't speak of a trade and whoa, katy bar the door, it's all you hear of today. Knock and the door shall be opened. Question; Would you like to have Burrow slingin the ball for us for the next ten + yrs????

Edited by Charles Wright

23 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

It was pretty much assumed that the Skins wouldn't speak of a trade and whoa, katy bar the door, it's all you hear of today. Knock and the door shall be opened. Question; Would you like to have Burrow slingin the ball for us for the next ten + yrs????

Nope because I don’t believe it to be a realistic scenario there fore I don’t let it enter my mind.QBs thee most important position in football if you get a good one there’s a pretty good chance if your not totally clueless that your franchise turns it around.

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

LOOOLLLL you wanna bet on that? Burrow won't sniff the SB with the Bengals. How much you wanna put on it?

Exactly; however here with receivers we have and now Gurley       hmmmm. We might be onto something. If the Bengals are as smart as you and see all the further needs they have, they might look at this with a REAL view and see opportunity. If they stink it up again, they'll be in an even better position next draft.

1 minute ago, Charles Wright said:

Exactly; however here with receivers we have and now Gurley       hmmmm. We might be onto something. If the Bengals are as smart as you and see all the further needs they have, they might look at this with a REAL view and see opportunity. If they stink it up again, they'll be in an even better position next draft.

No. Burrow is not better than Ryan right now. He may never be. 

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

No. Burrow is not better than Ryan right now. He may never be. 

Had to laugh, a stat machine and a winner, which should I choose. I'll get back to you on that; let you ponder.

Ok back, Ryan is real good until the red zone and then his failing are well documented. We need someone who can seal the deal. Come on in JB

Edited by Charles Wright

1 hour ago, 5stripes said:

Give them Ryan and picks

I swear to god some of yall literally know NOTHING about football and how the Cap works.    Im getting really tired of yall madden wannabe gm's coming in here and acting like if it works on a video game it can work in real life.    This literally has nothing to do with even trading Ryan at this point for me which i also think is dumb.  But taking that ignorance and completely throwing it out the window and just focusing literally on the trade itself.    With the cap space we have and the cap the next 2 years on Ryans contract you CAN NOT make a trade like this because of how much dead cap space it would contribute meaning you would have to cut multiple talented players on this team to try to make up the difference in cap space needed to do something like this.  Then you don't even have depth or solid players to put around Burrow once you trade away our starting Qb and some picks to do so even more killing our depth. 

You are literally bringing in Burrow to fail at this point and killing the Falcons as a team in doing so.    Fine if you want to trade up for Burrows with like the next 3 1st round draft picks and put him behind ryan for 2 or 3 years then thats another thing and i can accept that while his contract runs long enough and gets small enough that we can move him.   But to keep putting trade Ryan while his contract is what it is makes you sound like a 10 to 12 year old that has no clue about football or to be taken seriously.    Matt Ryan as of right now has a 75 million dollar dead cap hit.  That is like 20 to 25 million+ a year wasted on a player thats not even on your team anymore for the next 4 years which = 0 cap space for us to do anything with.

Also this is not specifically directed at you but you are apart of it at this point it's just maddening and one of my biggest pet peeves on these boards when people don't take into consideration simple things like this when i know for a fact they know wtf a nfl cap limit is.

2 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

Burrow with our weapons > Ryan with our weapons

and cheaper

Ryan earnt his money every last penny but Burrow with our weapons because he came out of a high flying COLLEGE offense yet all of a sudden you’d take a rookie over a guy whose been a league MVP.

Lol Burrow maybe good in the future but hold up with the he’s better than Ryan at anything because he’s done JACK as a pro.

3 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I swear to god some of yall literally know NOTHING about football and how the Cap works.    Im getting really tired of yall madden wannabe gm's coming in here and acting like if it works on a video game it can work in real life.    This literally has nothing to do with even trading Ryan at this point for me which i also think is dumb.  But taking that ignorance and completely throwing it out the window and just focusing literally on the trade itself.    With the cap space we have and the cap the next 2 years on Ryans contract you CAN NOT make a trade like this because of how much dead cap space it would contribute meaning you would have to cut multiple talented players on this team to try to make up the difference in cap space needed to do something like this.  Then you don't even have depth or solid players to put around Burrow once you trade away our starting Qb and some picks to do so even more killing our depth. 

You are literally bringing in Burrow to fail at this point and killing the Falcons as a team in doing so.    Fine if you want to trade up for Burrows with like the next 3 1st round draft picks and put him behind ryan for 2 or 3 years then thats another thing and i can accept that while his contract runs long enough and gets small enough that we can move him.   But to keep putting trade Ryan while his contract is what it is makes you sound like a 10 to 12 year old that has no clue about football or to be taken seriously.    Matt Ryan as of right now has a 75 million dollar dead cap hit.  That is like 20 to 25 million+ a year wasted on a player thats not even on your team anymore for the next 4 years which = 0 cap space for us to do anything with.

Ok got it, you explained very well we have like 20-25 million a year wasted on a qb now. When will there be a better opportunity to lose this ball and chain. Or for as near as good a replacement. If TD and his bunch can work the books like they have SO MANY times. Then this can happen.