NFLN - Daniel Jeremiah live mock draft show

1989Fan

I like Brown enough that i would be ok with this depending on what we gave up to do it.    Young and Simmons are guys i offer my 2nd round pick + more for.  That boy Okudah i offer my 2nd round pick only for.  and Brown and Kinlaw are guys i offer my 3rd round pick for.   No one else im offering anything to trade up and get

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I mean, you need to show me some video evidence.  I’ve watched most of his snaps the last two years and never saw this.

Yep. 4 different final summary views on Brown.

Summary - Derrick Brown is one of the most complete interior defensive line prospects to pass through the draft process in recent memory. Odd fronts, even fronts, as a two-gap defender or a penetration player -- Brown is a dynamic force who wins in any way you could possibly need him to. His explosive power wins first contact or gaps with consistency and his upper body power, motor and instincts are all plus qualities. Plug and play starter with All-Pro potential at the NFL level. 

Summary: Derrick Brown is a Day 1 candidate for a team looking for a potentially elite player at defensive tackle. Brown's blend of size, first-step explosiveness, and devastating power make him an absolute homewrecker on the interior. Brown is successful one-gapping or two-gapping from multiple alignments between the tackles, and should be moved around at the NFL level to maximize his impact. Adding consistency to his hand usage and timing as a pass rusher will further unlock what could be a double-digit sack ceiling at the NFL level. Brown should be the first DT off the board in April and an instant contributor in Year 1.

SUMMARY: A bit of a surprise, Brown stayed at Auburn for his senior season and continued to showcase his promising skill set that profiles him as a dynamic defensive playmaker in the NFL. Brown is a rare blend of size, explosiveness, power and technique that he combines with an unrelenting motor to physically dominate his opponents. Brown is a game-wrecker for opponents and he presents high value as both a run stopper and pass rusher in the NFL. While defensive tackles aren’t typically immediate impact players in the NFL, Brown’s experience in the SEC could suggest a reduced learning curve. It shouldn’t take long for him to claim a big role at the next level and produce at a high level. 

Future Projection: Teams that are looking for a key cog in the middle of their defense, should have high interest in Brown as he is the perfect centerpiece to satisfy those needs. Prospects of his stature and mass rarely move with the nimbleness and athleticism that he routinely exemplifies. Brown's value doesn't always show in the stat sheet, but his sacrifices and losses often free up others surrounding him. A three down threat that has the ability to affect games in every way imaginable, he isn't just a space eater that occupies multiple gaps. His ability to penetrate and get up-the-field constantly wreaks havoc on offenses and forces them to game plan around the issues that he presents. Right now, Brown relies heavily on his traits in order to make splash plays, which makes his future brighter than the sun. Once he couples his power with advanced technique, he could become one of the better interior defenders in the NFL.

Interesting take on a 4 sack per year guy at Auburn. I know he faced a lot of doubles, even triples though...and he talked through not just reading the stat line.

I really like him as a overall DT, “most exciting pass rushing DT since Donald” may be a bit rich though.

7 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Interesting take on a 4 sack per year guy at Auburn. I know he faced a lot of doubles, even triples though...and he talked through not just reading the stat line.

I really like him as a overall DT, “most exciting pass rushing DT since Donald” may be a bit rich though.

I mean, I'm an Alabama fan.  So Brown was literally the most annoying player for me to watch all year.  And I watched a lot of Auburn games...hoping to see them lose.

And every single game he was the one player on their defense I continually noticed.  The dude is a freak.

2 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

I can dig it him or Kinlaw

I think I’d prefer kinlaw as i think he offers more from a pass rush perspective, and I don’t think normally i would value Browns ability to stop the run as much.  But because we have Deion Jones, a smaller LB, having someone who can pass rush some but be dominate vs the run and keep Jones clean, it may actually be more beneficial going that route.  Can’t wait for tomorrow.  

6 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Brown is lackluster and honestly gets pushed around a lot.

Crazy how you, a guy on a message board, knows more than the experts that break down actual game film play by play. Being able to do their job with far less resources and knowledge. should have their jobs probably.