8 hours ago, falconidae said:

Still have Ryan, Julio, Ridley  and some nice Oline pieces. Cupboard wouldn't be bare.

Love to see TD throw everybody a curve and trade back, get .an extra pick or two, have another 16 draft with DT, CB, LB.

Hope the D turnaround under Morris last half of last year was real, add some solid pieces to the mix, have the Oline come together and just dominate, could be a fun year, even if everybody has to watch the team on TV.

Whatever TDQ does, I just want it to work.

I have been saying Delpit was the pick all week and he can easily be had if we trade back and gain picks, also wasn't aware how good the numbers were on Queen from LSU at LB, he can also be had by trading back. There is too much talent in this draft to trade up, that would be foolish. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

F Jay Glazer. I'm still salty about his bs announcement last week

TD be like...

If adding the best player in the draft is dumb then I hope TD never wises up.

Just now, Herr Beast said:

We should have fired DQ when we were 1-7. Not only would that have been the right move in itself, we could have tanked to get Chase without having to trade up.

I can‘t blame TD to get elite talent to improve this team but letting DQ continue his hopeless fight to save the job is really hurting the Falcons.

It was actually the players that fought to save dqs job....let's hope they have the same kind of urgency all year this time.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

It was actually the players that fought to save dqs job....let's hope they have the same kind of urgency all year this time.

It is still DQs fault that players don‘t always play with urgency. I mean it happened during almost every season during the DQ era. 

So if anything, we better hope DQ is COACHING with the same kind of urgency ALL season.

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The players fought, but the changes at DC had the bigger impact. Kudos to DQ in having the maturity of self-inspection to see he was the biggest problem, and then having the balls to act on it. Gotta respect him for that.

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

The players fought, but the changes at DC had the bigger impact. Kudos to DQ in having the maturity of self-inspection to see he was the biggest problem, and then having the balls to act on it. Gotta respect him for that.

Facts..people can lay on DQ but it shows maturity in a head coach to realize the **** I'm doin ain't working so let's do something else.

12 hours ago, Fernando C. said:

Falcons been aggressive this week in calling teams high up, including trying to get all the way to #2 for Chase Young. WASH hasn’t seemed to entertain offers to get out @NFLonFOX

I think TD will get it done but give away a lot

Stupid move. He'd have to give up almost an entire draft class to get to #2 and for what, to draft another undersized DE? How many DE's throughout history impacted the fortunes of their team enough to warrant throwing away an entire draft? Reggie White, maybe 2 or 3 others. What are the chances of this guy being that quality? 

Maybe TD Figures the chances are high that there won't be a 2020 season and throwing away all those pics will be meaningless in the long run.

7 minutes ago, slider said:

Stupid move. He'd have to give up almost an entire draft class to get to #2 and for what, to draft another undersized DE? How many DE's throughout history impacted the fortunes of their team enough to warrant throwing away an entire draft? Reggie White, maybe 2 or 3 others. What are the chances of this guy being that quality? 

Maybe TD Figures the chances are high that there won't be a 2020 season and throwing away all those pics will be meaningless in the long run.

Chase Young is 6’5” 260+ lbs closer to 6’6”

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

Chase Young is 6’5” 260+ lbs closer to 6’6”

OK. Drop the word undersized, the rest still stands.

Brees, Brady and Bridgewater have something in common. You have to plug the middle and not let them step up. We've seen how super athletic DE's rushing deep and wide are just useless against these type guys. Hopefully I'm wrong about this guy but I personally am tired of the Falcons hoping pure athleticism will win the day on defense. When they've been successful in the past it's been with scheming the rush with stunts and occasional blitzes. Maybe we'll get more of that, I just don't think you need more top of the draft talent to get it done. Hard enough to pay the ones the have.

1 minute ago, slider said:

TD at least has every GM in the game wondering what exactly he's trying to do. That might spur teams to be really active trade wise in order to get their guy and make sure TD doesn't ruin the party for 'em.

And how exactly does that help us? 

1 minute ago, joeyg2033 said:

And how exactly does that help us? 

By the way, off subject a little, when did they quit telling what the specifics of the trade were at the podium? It's very annoying to have to take to the internet to find out what the specifics of the trade were. They used to say " Cleveland has traded the 2nd pick to Atlanta in return for the 16th pick in the first round and ....etc." They quit doing that at some point.

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

We didn't make a change at DC.  Quinn just gave up some of his game day duties.

I think the biggest change was changing secondary coaches.  I think that made the biggest difference. 

16 hours ago, Snafu said:

****, I'd give up the whole draft for him.

We have invested a lot of draft capital into this defense in the DQ era...A LOT. Yet we still finish in the bottom half of the defensive rankings. That's after landing guys like Grady, Debo, Neal (even when healthy), Kazee, and Campbell. We brought in a head coach that coordinated one of the best defenses in NFL history and have had defenses that looked competitive on paper, but they never performed up to expectations. Do we really need to keep getting "Solid Contributors" or do we need to get a freakin' game changer on defense? 

I firmly believe our D isnt getting over the hump because we still have not gotten "that guy", the elite prospect/player that instantly changes the culture of our defense.

I'd say maybe they should come to the conclusion that looking for that one guy doesn't work. Trade back for journeymen quality players that fit into a specific system and use more scheming to introduce confusion in the offense. I don't think it takes unaffordable, top of the draft talent to win.

Edited by slider
53 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

We didn't make a change at DC.  Quinn just gave up some of his game day duties.

I think the biggest change was changing secondary coaches.  I think that made the biggest difference. 

Semantics. If you’re calling the D plays in games and coaching D during practice, you’re the DC.