1. 1. Who is the target for trading up?

• Young
    • Okudah
    • Simmons
    • Brown
    • Kinlaw
    • Henderson
    • Other (explain below please)

I will be shocked if the Falcons don't trade up.

Please refrain from selecting the player you want. This is a question about what the Atlanta Falcons will do. Not what we want them to do.

I encourage you to explain the selection below. 

Henderson I believe is the target, not only because of how much we are linked to him.  I just think the cost of other targets is too high with our current 2020 draft capital.  Could be the case this is one of those years a lot of teams want to trade down because of perceived depth which lowers the cost to move down. 

I just think it's too costly to trade high enough to target an okudah, young, or simmons.  Obviously no one knows how the draft will pan out, but there isn't really a question that the biggest need on the roster is CB at this point so it's likely one of okudah or henderson.  I'm thinking the cost of Henderson is less tough to swallow.

1 hour ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I will be shocked if the Falcons don't trade up.

Please refrain from selecting the player you want. This is a question about what the Atlanta Falcons will do. Not what we want them to do.

I encourage you to explain the selection below. 

Prepare to be shocked.

12 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

For the Falcons, the only player worth trading up for is Chase Young.  I’ve said that since the very beginning.

disagree.    of all the trade-ups, that would be the worst because the compensation would suck the draft capital out of this year and next year's draft in a manner that trading up to 6-12 would not.

I think it is Okudah, because they let Tru go, we need a true #1 CB.  I am more of a pass rush makes life easier for your CB's, but I understand the great secondary makes the pass rush better too.  I think TD is going for the latter.

While watching TD and Quinn's draft video Kelsey Conway asked who was the back up center and the succession plan after Mack.  Coach speak about Harlow and McCray and the possibility of someone sliding over.  As a thought we could save 8 mil by releasing Mack.  

Ian Rappaport just dropped a little bomb on Tv that went unnoticed about the Falcons Face timing with all the top Tackles this week.  Could we go oline early again?

TD has done well drafting DBs. Henderson is the kind of CB DQ likes. The price to move up and snag him will be more realistic than for the really sexy picks. 

Throw in the UF thing and it just makes sense.  

Regarding the O-line talk: Nobody seems to mention it anymore, but Lindstrom could slide over to center. That lets us cut/trade Mack and move Jake to LG. I don't like this idea, but there's some logic to it.

In my opinion there are a few different scenarios.  If we trade in the top 5 it needs to be for young.  if we get in the top 10 it would be Simmons.  Aside from that we can still get a player for a position of need such as pass rusher, DT, CB at 16.  I wouldn't want to trade up for Henderson because I feel there is a chance he slides to 16.  Kinlaw could also be there at 16 along with Chaisson.  Just my opinion.  But the thing im concerned about is what was mentioned on the other post where we have not been able to trade a great pass rusher under this regime.  

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

disagree.    of all the trade-ups, that would be the worst because the compensation would suck the draft capital out of this year and next year's draft in a manner that trading up to 6-12 would not.

Which is why we either trade up for him as he is the creme of the crop, or you don’t trade up at all.

54 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Mine are Simmons and Brown. Simmons in the 6-8 range and Brown in the 7-9 range. Both shouldn't require otherworldly compensation but add an impact player to our defense.

yeah,  I think most people would prefer these two on a trade-up target.   Would be awesome but both are gonna leave holes in our Day 2 draft captial.