Tony Pauline's final 2020 mock draft

HEIST

12 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Again stupid stupid if we give up our 2nd round pick to move up for Henderson. In this scenario we could grab Chaisson and Winfield/Delpit for the same as Henderson. Or trade down 8-10 picks and grab someone like Murray, Queen, Johnson.

I like Henderson (would rather have an elite DT), but trading our 2nd for him...Heeeeeccccckkkkkkk no.  I agree that it would be the same cost of us trading back into the 1st round

I am good with the pick of Henderson but I really think Dimitroff needs to sit on his hands.   If he gets by Jacksonville at #9 there isn’t another team between 10-15 looking for a corner - believe he could possibly fall to us if no one jumps up.

In Pauline’s draft, Falcons could grab Delpit at #47.    I would take almost anyone at 16 and Delpit at 47.    Heck you could take AJ Terrell at 16 and Delpit at 47 - even use a 3rd or 4th and trade up for Delpit in 2nd rd.

I like CJ and will be happy with the player but really hope we don’t trade up.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I am good with the pick of Henderson but I really think Dimitroff needs to sit on his hands.   If he gets by Jacksonville at #9 there isn’t another team between 10-15 looking for a corner - believe he could possibly fall to us if no one jumps up.

In Pauline’s draft, Falcons could grab Delpit at #47.    I would take almost anyone at 16 and Delpit at 47.    Heck you could take AJ Terrell at 16 and Delpit at 47 - even use a 3rd or 4th and trade up for Delpit in 2nd rd.

What do you think about Trevon Diggs?

I saw that NFL.com compares him to Aquib Talib.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Ehh. I don't think he gets past Oakland. I think Oakland's plan A is Henderson at 12 and their plan B is Terrell at 19. You also have to worry about the Cowboys sitting behind us, who recently lost their #1 CB Byron Jones. They're also high on Henderson and could leap us to secure him like they did for Lawrence (and we did for Takk). 

If they're that high on em just go get him. 

When Tony Pauline speaks I listen. But i don't like this part that he said about Henderson:

"he possesses tremendous upside and could develop into a starter if the coaching staff can keep his focus on the field and he matures as a person"

He should be a lock in as being a starter not "could develop into a starter".... and the "matures as a person" ... smh

If the draft fell like this and we traded up Quinn and TD are through. It would be INFINITELY more beneficial to trade back. I guarantee you some team would be willing to move up for Love or Henry Ruggs. We could potentially pick up a 2nd from a team like Baltimore or Minnesota. 

Imagine adding Murray, Delpit and McKinney in one draft!! That'd be insane for our team. We could all but lockdown the middle of the field and cover the flats

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Exactly. And any team below us that is willing to trade up to Jax would have to give up even more. Don't see it happening. Call their bluff. 

2 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Exactly. And any team below us that is willing to trade up to Jax would have to give up even more. Don't see it happening. Call their bluff. 

That’s what I think TD is really bad at....looking at most of his trade transactions I always think we overpay by 20% when we move up and don’t get back quite enough on those rare occasions when we trade down.

Now when multiple teams are vying that’s different but don’t think that is an issue in most of the trades.

Would love to see TD wait.

I wouldn’t get mad if TD traded up 1-2 spots and gave up the 4th rounder if he was worried but would like to see him protect the 2nd day of the draft.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

That’s what I think TD is really bad at....looking at most of his trade transactions I always think we overpay by 20% when we move up and don’t get back quite enough on those rare occasions when we trade down.

Now when multiple teams are vying that’s different but don’t think that is an issue in most of the trades.

Would love to see TD wait.

I wouldn’t get mad if TD traded up 1-2 spots and gave up the 4th rounder if he was worried but would like to see him protect the 2nd day of the draft.

This trading up frenzy from some of our fans reminds me of why 40% of Americans don't have $400 in their bank accounts as an emergency. If we think rationally, one can surmise that 3 QB, 4 tackles, Chase, Simmons, Okudah, a receiver or 2 go ahead of us at 16. A run on any position or just staying put will result in a darn good player being there. 

This draft is deep. 2nd and 3rd round players are very good with not a heckuva lot of drop off from round 1. I don't want to lose that. Ask Clowney what a can't miss prospect could turn out to be.