Film breakdown of CJ Henderson

39 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

He is only 24 years old still so he's got that going for him. Also, he's not asked to cover those guys anyways. That's Debos job and Allen was in man coverage a good bit later on in the year. 

Doesn't help his first round billing getting hurt last two years but not saying bust. He was a good player in 16 and 17. 

Not interested in a SS that cant cover RBs and athletic TEs...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well y’all wanna draft a safety that can’t tackle at 16. Trading up for a corner that can’t tackle seems right up the alley

get your popcorn ready - gonna be a lot of upset folks tomorrow night around 9:30pm

I want pit bulls and Rottweilers with no leash on defense

24 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

At which point do you think he cant cover athletes? 

Please let me know, or are you just getting him confused with Willy Mo or something.

Its just as much a reach for you to assume he cant do this anymore as it is for me to assume he can. Neither of us know. But his body has had a lot of rest the last 2 years. He is still in his physical prime. Its all a matter of fully healing

31 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-cj-henderson-elite-man-coverage-skills-teams-wont-want-to-pass-on-2020-nfl-draft

Henderson allowed 20 catches or less in all three seasons he played, going toe-to-toe with some of the best competition in the country. He saw perhaps his toughest matchup of his college career this past year when he went up against Biletnikoff Award winner Ja’Marr Chase of LSU. In that one-on-one battle on the outside, Henderson mostly shut down Chase, who saw five targets against Henderson in single coverage that day and caught two for 20 yards (one touchdown) — and three of those five targets were contested. That’s not too shabby against college football’s best wide receiver.

Again, quit passing on incorrect info and go watch the game. I'm not responding to you again. 

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Well y’all wanna draft a safety that can’t tackle at 16. Trading up for a corner that can’t tackle seems right up the alley

God I hope we don't do this:

Round 1 - Pick 8
team logo

team logo
FLORIDA • JR • 6'1" / 204 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Atlanta
PROSPECT RNK
16th
POSITION RNK
2nd

The Falcons pay the Jack Conklin price to move to No. 8, surrendering No. 16, 78 and a 2021 second-round pick to Arizona Cardinals to get their guy. Henderson gives the team a legit No. 1 cornerback in a secondary that has been a weakness in recent years. I don't see any way he gets past the Jaguars, Jets and Raiders, so the Falcons have to get aggressive if they want him.
Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

God I hope we don't do this:

Round 1 - Pick 8
team logo

team logo
FLORIDA • JR • 6'1" / 204 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Atlanta
PROSPECT RNK
16th
POSITION RNK
2nd

The Falcons pay the Jack Conklin price to move to No. 8, surrendering No. 16, 78 and a 2021 second-round pick to Arizona Cardinals to get their guy. Henderson gives the team a legit No. 1 cornerback in a secondary that has been a weakness in recent years. I don't see any way he gets past the Jaguars, Jets and Raiders, so the Falcons have to get aggressive if they want him.

Be prepared to be disappointed just in case

5 minutes ago, Fired Up said:

Again, quit passing on incorrect info and go watch the game. I'm not responding to you again. 

I've watched the tape, but me telling you what I saw isn't going to convince you. They have clearly not counted the rub play 60 yard TD against CJ, I don't know if that is fair or not, but if you can't see the good in those 20+ snaps of CJ on Chase then I can't help you.

3 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Only knock Im hearing from true scouts is that he doesnt necessarily go out of his way looking for the RB to put a hit on him, but can tackle. Said thats the only thing Okudah does better is go looking to hit someone. The scout said you can't teach that want to, but he said if Henderson plays as well as he thinks he will, no one will care about him hitting RBs. 

OKudah has better technique than Hendersen and is more patient he mirrors before opening up his hips.

PS Hendersen can’t tackle his technique is piss poor.Thats ok though accept the flaw and move on.Been saying this for ages if you do take him you take him for what he can do not for what he can’t.His athleticism at the position is probably the best at the position in the class.

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I am prepared...not a CJ fan.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I mean if he was there at #16 would be bad enough, but to give up this haul?  I'm thinking DL with our first pick and even possibly trading back. 

I’m with you both. I know the 3 I want in the first round but I won’t hold my breathe 

35 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Take it up with Quinn and Morris then. Debo has been covering RBs out the backfield, in the slot and out wide since he's been here and he's excelled there. The SS is not asked to cover RBs in their scheme for the most part. 

Did you just forget the impact Neal was making in 16 and 17 with forced fumbles, LEGAL hit sticks, ability to take on blockers, tackles for losses, ability to diagnose plays at the LOS, and he held his own plenty of times vs athletic TEs. Jimmy G, Gronk, Kamara, etc...

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’m not convinced he’s the guy though. I think it’s a lot of noise. I think a trade will happen. But I think it will for Okudah or Brown personally 

Young, Okudah and Simmons are my hopes but if it’s Brown I could live with it with the contingency they sign a veteran CB in FA before camp starts

18 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

At which point do you think he cant cover athletes? 

Please let me know, or are you just getting him confused with Willy Mo or something.

Its just as much a reach for you to assume he cant do this anymore as it is for me to assume he can. Neither of us know. But his body has had a lot of rest the last 2 years. He is still in his physical prime. Its all a matter of fully healing

Willy Mo had better hands for INTs but that's about all he had over Neal. Neal is by far a better SS.

2 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

I’m not a fan of Henderson, but I do love his mirroring capabilities.  He’s physical enough and quite frankly corners can’t be physical in the nfl these days anyway without getting flagged.  I just don’t feel like he was challenged by good quarterbacks, and from what I’ve seen he gets a lot of balls caught on him.

Are we going to have our corners mirror though?  Usually they do that kick-step thing where they wait for the receiver to commit before going upfield.

8 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Willy Mo had better hands for INTs but that's about all he had over Neal. Neal is by far a better SS.

For INTs yes, but I feel like Neal makes more plays on the ball and causes drops than a lot of guys give him credit for.

The WillyMo jab was because in pure coverage, Neal is better whereas Moore was a little stiff. Ball in flight, Moore was a bigger threat to pick it off. But Moore was also a part of units that played more 2 deep looks where he could ball hawk a little more. Neal has always been in hooks, flats, or man coverage on TE's and some backs, and has held his own. TE's used to shred us during Moore's tenure. That stopped with Neal

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

get your popcorn ready - gonna be a lot of upset folks tomorrow night around 9:30pm

My assumption: The front office probably anticipated most fans no liking Henderson so they signed Gurley this offseason to soften the blow. 

8 minutes ago, atlbaby said:

My assumption: The front office probably anticipated most fans no liking Henderson so they signed Gurley this offseason to soften the blow. 

That mostly applies to UGA fans. People who aren't UGA fans didn't really care one way or another. He's just another running back at this point and we hope it works out

26 minutes ago, atlbaby said:

I think the front office needs to worry more about drafting the best player to win football games THIS year and not worry about what the fans think. If they feel CJ is the best pick and helps us get the Lombardi THIS year, make the pick.  I like players from LSU, Florida, Alabama, etc.. so long as we are drafting top tier players from top tier football schools, as a fan, that is all I can ask for.  They just gotta keep in mind they got big *** TEs like Gronk trucking down field twice a year and last time I checked WRs in the NFC South are pretty tall and physical so whoever they get  better be prepared to tackle. They aint playing Missouri and a light weight spread offense with 5'9 mini me receivers, this is the NFL not NCAA. You gotta bring the heat or go home. Like Yai Boi says you gotta be a dog to play defense in the NFL not a prima donna. 

3 hours ago, Fired Up said:

Why don't you go watch it instead of copy pasting someone else's incorrect stats. He gave up a 60 yard touchdown to chase and a 10 yard touchdown to Chase. 

Actually it was a 5 yard slant and the 60 yard was a clear and obvious pick play. Did you watch the game yourself? Lol Geesh

7 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

Actually it was a 5 yard slant and the 60 yard was a clear and obvious pick play. Did you watch the game yourself? Lol Geesh

Sure did. Did he get torched? Yep, he sure did. Do you think he wouldn't see that in the NFL? He can't play ball. He's prolly gunna be a Falcon and that SUCKS, but I wouldn't draft him before the 5th round, maybe 4th round as a developmental guy with gifted speed.