Film breakdown of CJ Henderson

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Well y’all wanna draft a safety that can’t tackle at 16. Trading up for a corner that can’t tackle seems right up the alley

I don't want to hate on CJ as he does have great man coverage skills but I'm tired of finesse players.   I want dogs on the field.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well y’all wanna draft a safety that can’t tackle at 16. Trading up for a corner that can’t tackle seems right up the alley

get your popcorn ready - gonna be a lot of upset folks tomorrow night around 9:30pm

I want pit bulls and Rottweilers with no leash on defense

I’m not a fan of Henderson, but I do love his mirroring capabilities.  He’s physical enough and quite frankly corners can’t be physical in the nfl these days anyway without getting flagged.  I just don’t feel like he was challenged by good quarterbacks, and from what I’ve seen he gets a lot of balls caught on him.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

They go hand in hand when it comes to spending a first round pick 

Yep...and right now, Keanu Neal is a bust...The #1 atreibute a player can possess is AVAILABILITY....which Keanu hasnt had...and hes now at least another step slower than 4.6 speed at 215lbs...not exactly covering McCaffery, Kamara, Michael Thomas in the slot, etc...

56 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I don't want to hate on CJ as he does have great man coverage skills but I'm tired of finesse players.   I want dogs on the field.

Most people including myself don't really question his technique and coverage skills too much but does he have the dog mentality? 

Tru, Vic, Campbell. Three guys I got tired of watching because they all lacked the dog mentality to a certain extent...and guess what, they're all gone now. 

I'm beginning to think the whole Henderson trade up noise could be a TD smoke screen and he's going for Derrick Brown. 

40 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Yep...and right now, Keanu Neal is a bust...The #1 atreibute a player can possess is AVAILABILITY....which Keanu hasnt had...and hes now at least another step slower than 4.6 speed at 215lbs...not exactly covering McCaffery, Kamara, Michael Thomas in the slot, etc...

Coverage was never his strong point either.

43 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Keanu is not a bust. You can not blame season ending injuries on the player, especially seeing how hard he worked to get back on the field. That takes heart and courage.

The "Availability" quote is more about guys who get in their own way that prevents them from staying on the field. If you would have used "what have you done for me lately kind of league" then I could agree more on that. But in no way, shape or form is a pro bowl safety and league leader in FF's a Bust because he got freak injuries. That's not his fault. And players pay attention to organizations that are disloyal to other guys. That's how you get a label as a bad organization and free agents decide not to go there. Guys like Fowler and Hurst are genuinely excited when they come here not because we have a bunch of banners in the rafters, but because we are a competent organization treats everyone with respect.

GM's who have your mindset are going to be the one's that pass up on Tua in the draft and look back years from now in a 30 for 30 documentary like, how did we let this All-Pro future HOF QB slip past us. Oh yeah, cuz we feared he would get hurt, and ignored his actual ability to play the game of football

And Keanu has never and would never be asked to guard Michael Thomas or McCaffery. Deion guards McCaffery. As far as Kamara, Keanu covered him just fine last time they played. Sent his butt to the locker room too with a hard, legal tackle. Maybe you forgot about that. 

43 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

He is only 24 years old still so he's got that going for him. Also, he's not asked to cover those guys anyways. That's Debos job and Allen was in man coverage a good bit later on in the year. 

Doesn't help his first round billing getting hurt last two years but not saying bust. He was a good player in 16 and 17. 

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

I’m not a fan of Henderson, but I do love his mirroring capabilities.  He’s physical enough and quite frankly corners can’t be physical in the nfl these days anyway without getting flagged.  I just don’t feel like he was challenged by good quarterbacks, and from what I’ve seen he gets a lot of balls caught on him.

Lol what?

1 hour ago, Smiler11 said:

You should be an NFL scout. Those fools clearly don't know what they're talking about and could do with some fresh, keyboard warrior eyes.

Speaking of keyboard warriors. Why don't you step up? 

Go watch him against LSU give up SO much yardage and 2 touchdowns...like come on

5 minutes ago, Fired Up said:

Speaking of keyboard warriors. Why don't you step up? 

Go watch him against LSU give up SO much yardage and 2 touchdowns...like come on

His LSU tape was some of his best work. Literally followed Ja'Marr Chase all over the field, 1:1. In single coverage, Chase was targeted 5 times and CJ only gave up 2 catches for 20 yards and a TD - the other 3 were broken up by CJ.

My point was that it doesn't really matter what I think, ~40% of NFL talent evaluators have him ranked higher than Okudah and yet you think he is hot garbage. In other words, another armchair GM who thinks he knows more than the guys who do this for a living and have access to infinitely more data than we could ever imagine. 

2 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

His LSU tape was some of his best work. Literally followed Ja'Marr Chase all over the field, 1:1. In single coverage, Chase was targeted 5 times and CJ only gave up 2 catches for 20 yards and a TD - the other 3 were broken up by CJ.

My point was that it doesn't really matter what I think, ~40% of NFL talent evaluators have him ranked higher than Okudah and yet you think he is hot garbage. In other words, another armchair GM who thinks he knows more than the guys who do this for a living and have access to infinitely more data than we could ever imagine. 

Why don't you go watch it instead of copy pasting someone else's incorrect stats. He gave up a 60 yard touchdown to chase and a 10 yard touchdown to Chase. 

1 minute ago, Fired Up said:

Why don't you go watch it instead of copy pasting someone else's incorrect stats. He gave up a 60 yard touchdown to chase and a 10 yard touchdown to Chase. 

Yea I don’t know how people can see that LSU tape and say that CJ had a good game.  The only corner to do well against LSU was Danztler.

1 minute ago, Fired Up said:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-cj-henderson-elite-man-coverage-skills-teams-wont-want-to-pass-on-2020-nfl-draft

Henderson allowed 20 catches or less in all three seasons he played, going toe-to-toe with some of the best competition in the country. He saw perhaps his toughest matchup of his college career this past year when he went up against Biletnikoff Award winner Ja’Marr Chase of LSU. In that one-on-one battle on the outside, Henderson mostly shut down Chase, who saw five targets against Henderson in single coverage that day and caught two for 20 yards (one touchdown) — and three of those five targets were contested. That’s not too shabby against college football’s best wide receiver.

36 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Keanu is not a bust. You can not blame season ending injuries on the player, especially seeing how hard he worked to get back on the field. That takes heart and courage.

The "Availability" quote is more about guys who get in their own way that prevents them from staying on the field. If you would have used "what have you done for me lately kind of league" then I could agree more on that. But in no way, shape or form is a pro bowl safety and league leader in FF's a Bust because he got freak injuries. That's not his fault. And players pay attention to organizations that are disloyal to other guys. That's how you get a label as a bad organization and free agents decide not to go there. Guys like Fowler and Hurst are genuinely excited when they come here not because we have a bunch of banners in the rafters, but because we are a competent organization treats everyone with respect.

GM's who have your mindset are going to be the one's that pass up on Tua in the draft and look back years from now in a 30 for 30 documentary like, how did we let this All-Pro future HOF QB slip past us. Oh yeah, cuz we feared he would get hurt, and ignored his actual ability to play the game of football

And Keanu has never and would never be asked to guard Michael Thomas or McCaffery. Deion guards McCaffery. As far as Kamara, Keanu covered him just fine last time they played. Sent his butt to the locker room too with a hard, legal tackle. Maybe you forgot about that. 

Yes he is...a player that ahs played in 34 our of a potential 64 games in his career...is a bust...not to mention the knee reception that shouldve been a pick...

His foot speed wouldnt even get him on most NFL rosters at LB now...

It was a horrible 1st round pick...but hena gain...that entire mid to alte 1st round was horrible...

Which brings me to anothe rpoint...unless OL, you move out of the middle of first round by either trading up for elite talent or dropping back...teams taht stick in no mans land i the firs tround will continute to get second rate talent...