Film breakdown of CJ Henderson

Check out this film break down of CJ Henderson. Dude goes on and on for like 5 minutes about how great Henderson is in coverage, how him and Okudah are head and shoulders top 12 picks, how the drop off between CJ Henderson and Okudah and the other CBs is huge. And then at the end of the film session he says and I quote "he cant tackle for squat" . Wait! This is NFL football right? We about to move up to draft a CB that cant tackle?  And need I remind everyone the CB spot has the highest rate of failure, of ALL the NFL positions. CJ Henderson would be a HIGH HIGH risk pick. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well y’all wanna draft a safety that can’t tackle at 16. Trading up for a corner that can’t tackle seems right up the alley

get your popcorn ready - gonna be a lot of upset folks tomorrow night around 9:30pm

I want pit bulls and Rottweilers with no leash on defense

4 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

You believe the myth I see? Some say his coverage is better than Okudah. Other than the Miami game where does he not tackle?

Im posting in response to OP and what was said in the video and being sarcastic about  those who want Delpit at 16. I never said Henderson couldn’t tackle

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Im posting in response to OP and what was said in the video. I never said he couldn’t tackle

Only knock Im hearing from true scouts is that he doesnt necessarily go out of his way looking for the RB to put a hit on him, but can tackle. Said thats the only thing Okudah does better is go looking to hit someone. The scout said you can't teach that want to, but he said if Henderson plays as well as he thinks he will, no one will care about him hitting RBs. 

Just now, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Only knock Im hearing from true scouts is that he doesnt necessarily go out of his way looking for the RB to put a hit on him, but can tackle. Said thats the only thing Okudah does better is go looking to hit someone. The scout said you can't teach that want to, but he said if Henderson plays as well as he thinks he will, no one will care about him hitting RBs. 

Read the edited post

Frankly a cb tackling, or not tackling, is not of high concern to me.. I want my **** down cb to be able to cover first and foremost.. I’d were relying on our cb to act as a lb, then we have massive problems in our front 8. You can teach him to funnel runners into defenders anyway. 

I’m by no means a scout and shared a lot of the same sentiments about Henderson but I watched tape, other than “highlights” last night and I see why he is highly regarded. He is excellent in coverage. Quick feet, turn and run, speed.. I still like okudah more but I would not be the least bit upset if we moved up for Henderson 

I mean, he'd probably be my least favorite of the rumored picks for us, but Deion Sanders couldn't tackle either.  Nor, for that matter, could/would Trufant.  The truth is, a lot of coverage corners are divas.

I'm not saying pick him.  But I'm not throwing myself out the window if we do.  I might if we trade up too high though.  Or leave Okudah on the board.