Kiper Rumor - Jags for CJ

Trade up for Derrick Brown or this draft is a bust.. we can trade with cardinals and snag him before Jax. Just think about our FA signings and our previous drafts. Why the **** would we continue to waste high draft picks on CBs.. I’m sure dan Quinn learned his lesson. D line makes CBs look good and not the other way around.. Derrick Brown has the strength and quick get off that we need to disrupt and move QBs out the pocket especially QBs like Brady and Brees.. you won’t beat them any other way. Don’t be stupid guys.. we will have Derrick Brown at the end of this draft and he will be the key piece we need for a SB run.. anybody else and we are looking at a worse defense than last year.. and no Kinlaw is nothing like Derrick Brown. It’s Super Bowl or bust.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please Gawd NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!

*** SIGH ***   Sadly, this seems like a TD/Quinn player. He preaches "FAST AND PHYSICAL' but really only focuses on the fast part. 

It'd be just like this team, but when the **** have they been so transparent? If you're dead set on trading up for CB, go for Okudah or bust. 

1 hour ago, HEIST said:

I've warmed up to CJ more. Perhaps because of the rumors, he really does have rare movement skills/closing speed along with prototypical size.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, it's just that if the jags don't take him, I don't see who will until 16. All those teams have bigger needs than CB

Just now, Bunchy Carter said:

The 2011 Colts were awful without Peyton though.

The Colts are not a good ran organization under Irsay.

Peyton was the deodorant for that franchise for a long time. They just went out at got Rivers just a year after paying Brissett around 15 mil a year last season.

Dolphins are rebuilding, but they didn't tank. They started winning games even though it was counter productive to tanking.

2 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

*** SIGH ***

Sadly, this seems like a TD/Quinn player. He preaches "FAST AND PHYSICAL' but really only focuses on the fast part. 

Physical as in pi, he seems like he could be another Alford, but worse being we traded away other possible talent in draft pics to move up and get him.

But hey prove me wrong

Just now, Dirtybird3 said:

Physical as in pi, he seems like he could be another Alford, but worse being we traded away other possible talent in draft pics to move up and get him.

But hey prove me wrong

Revis, Sherman, Peterson, Rhodes, and many other good CBs are very physical. You can make a big case that plenty of their plays could've been called for potential pass interference.

4 minutes ago, JAyOnEz said:

You guys are crazy... look at all the teams trading there superstar “lockdown corner”.. having one is pointless in today’s NFL 

Most of the time teams don't trade their lockdown corners for reasons outside of them not wanting to be there anymore or a stalemate in contract negotiations.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Most of the time teams don't trade their lockdown corners for reasons outside of them not wanting to be there anymore or a stalemate in contract negotiations.

Yeah I don’t believe the Jags wanted to trade Jalen -but he was making a spectacle of himself about the contract stuff.  Didn’t the Jags get TWO 1sts for him!

Yeah I would say that’s valuable!

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

But if you have a very strong feeling he is your guy, why not go get him?

Generally I agree with you. But I feel like you have to look at team needs as a whole. If we give up a 2nd and a 3rd to move up, you're likely giving up at least 1 additional starter and 1 contributor on defense where we desperately need help. Unless he is a consensus game-changer prospect you are giving up significant compensation for, it doesn't make sense to me.

14 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

But hey prove me wrong

“The bold”

Now you are giving the front office credit. How does anyone know if they keep all their picks that the player they pick will turn out to be good?

I think they’re hovering around the 8-13 range to have minimal impact.

3 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Generally I agree with you. But I feel like you have to look at team needs as a whole. If we give up a 2nd and a 3rd to move up, you're likely giving up at least 1 additional starter and 1 contributor on defense where we desperately need help. Unless he is a consensus game-changer prospect you are giving up significant compensation for, it doesn't make sense to me.

I think the Falcons believe that they are closer to being contenders than most would think.

They were 6-2 the last half of the season once they started executing much better than they did the first half of the season.

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Why so many against CJ Henderson?

I thought he was the best pure coverage guy in the draft?

For me it is not about the player....it is about the position.

Corner is not the primary need to me.

If you are going to make a trade up it is for a position that is the primary need. Right now the primary need is DT or Linebacker.

We have no true Sam on the roster atm and if we start running more base 4-3 looks (like we did towards the end of last year) then we need a Sam.