So if we draft Okudah.....

JT

Don’t matter who you have at corner.. brees and Brady will kill you if there is no disruption.. Derrick Brown is also the best run stopper in the class.. make teams 1 dimensional.. When you know they have to pass everything gets easier. Trust me man we need A force like brown

4 hours ago, Nino11 said:

I remember last year everybody was screaming coverage wasn’t the problem, pressure was. Raheem Morris goes back there and starts playing a more aggressive coverage and wala, we start to get pressure. All the pressure in the world doesn’t mean anything if receivers are running free from the snap. There’s more then one way to skin a cat 

All this

5 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I'd love to have Okudah. He can come in and compete with the likes of Thomas, Evans and Robby Anderson from Day 1. He won't shut them down, but he's gonna be more effective and consistent than anyone else in this draft. 

That said we really shouldn't trade up for a CB in a draft that is chuck full of good CBs. Heck, I would be beating the phones trying to trade back. There's so many good players towards the end of the 1st and 3rd rounds.....even the 4th. My goal would be to stockpile picks and bring in several guys. The only guy I'd hands down move up for is Chase Young. 

I mean, I agree. This is totally contingent on him falling to ~8 or so

I would be more concerned with Chase Young than Okudah.  A cornerback is on a island.  Either you can cover or you can't.  A defensive lineman's success can be attributed to those around him, i.e.  Vic Beasley at Clemson...

9 hours ago, JT said:

Does everyone truly believe Okudah is going to shutdown his side of the field like a Richard Sherman, Jalen Ramsey type immediately out the gate???

I don’t understand how my fellow Atlanta Falcon fans can be so in love with Dimi moving up into the top 5 and taking a CB knowing we don’t get consistent pressure on QBs. I’m not saying Okudah isn’t great or good or whatever but every great, good, avg, poor Defensive Back need that front 7 to do their job! 

It’s not like Okudah had a terrible D line in front of him at the college level. You go from playing with a disruptive D Line in college led by chase young to the falcons D line that’s considered poor in NFL and only consists of truly 2 good players in Jarrett and recently signed Fowler....you can’t truly believe Okudah is going to have instant impact with no consistent pass rush on top of a coach who doesn’t design many blitzes.

I don’t get it, I don’t hate Okudah and I’m not claiming to be some expert but I can’t make sense out of a move up to draft a CB with this incomplete D line. Two good defensive lineman has never been enough here......we watched John Abraham and Jonathan babineaux be good and great for years together and yet the line was still very much incomplete outside of these 2 guys with no consistent pass rush.

So those who want Okudah please help me understand what I’m missing?

I agree with you and Doug Carlton!