Jump to content

Question about CJ & Okudah


Recommended Posts

Just wanted to know what you guys think. CJ & Okudah played in completely different conferences. CJ played in the SEC against godly WR talent, Okudah BiG10. 

Just curious how much are you guys in favor or against a CJ and the comp he played against vs Okudah and the comp played against with chase young rushing the passer? 

 

FIRE OFF!

Edited by HaRdH3ad
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Summerhill said:

Conference means nothing. It’s not like Okudah was some average player who got on the radar by shutting down a bunch of slow white receivers. He was a super 5-star recruit who lived up to his billing. Everyone thought he was a better high school player than Henderson, too. 

Of course....Henderson mainly played RB in HS until his Sr year. 

 

Edited by Cole World
Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually want Brown or Kinlaw but if I have to decide I’ll take CJ.  I’m bias as a Gator fan but I watched him play a lot and the kid can ball.  Everyone wants to talk him not tackling well but our secondary hasn’t tackled well in years.  Deion didn’t tackle well either.  We have to stop trying to pick elite playmakers apart and notice talent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RYNE said:

Okudah by a long shot. He’s complete. 
 

Henderson isn’t a great tackler. 
 

Okudah is a guy you trade up for. Henderson for me isn’t that guy. 

Watching Okudah I don't see a player who will be great in the NFL. He had a lot of help at Ohio State, his hips are a bit suspect and when he played some of the better big ten receivers he got beat fairly often. I think he'll be a solid NFL starter but not an elite number 1 corner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pearljamnash13 said:

Watching Okudah I don't see a player who will be great in the NFL. He had a lot of help at Ohio State, his hips are a bit suspect and when he played some of the better big ten receivers he got beat fairly often. I think he'll be a solid NFL starter but not an elite number 1 corner.

Name a game, guy

3 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I actually want Brown or Kinlaw but if I have to decide I’ll take CJ.  I’m bias as a Gator fan but I watched him play a lot and the kid can ball.  Everyone wants to talk him not tackling well but our secondary hasn’t tackled well in years.  Deion didn’t tackle well either.  We have to stop trying to pick elite playmakers apart and notice talent.

I'd actually love to see some of these "elite playmaker" snaps. I've been watching Henderson more just because I know he might be the pick and I don't see it at all. Dude didn't have an INT all year. If he was better at playing the ball, he'd be Greedy Williams. Can't see how anyone is infatuated

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, pearljamnash13 said:

Watching Okudah I don't see a player who will be great in the NFL. He had a lot of help at Ohio State, his hips are a bit suspect and when he played some of the better big ten receivers he got beat fairly often. I think he'll be a solid NFL starter but not an elite number 1 corner.

Dont know what film you watched. Please see his work against Clemson

Link to post
Share on other sites

Both are excellent players, people are absurd acting like CJ is not a shut down corner. Okudeh is a little better because he sticks his nose in the run game and is willing to make tackles, where as CJ sometimes hesitates. CJ had an impressive game against LSU even though he gave up the one TD, it was due to bad coaching as they were not lined up correctly or called the wrong play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Both are excellent players, people are absurd acting like CJ is not a shut down corner. Okudeh is a little better because he sticks his nose in the run game and is willing to make tackles, where as CJ sometimes hesitates. CJ had an impressive game against LSU even though he gave up the one TD, it was due to bad coaching as they were not lined up correctly or called the wrong play. 

Exactly correct.  Okudah is the more polished prospect, but CJ has better physical talent.  Heck, CJ basically started playing CB in college!

It is absurd to object to either CB.  If you tell me that CJ is a lazy guy that will always rely on his natural talent, then I will give the nod to Okudah.  However, CJ has a good reputation for working at his craft.  

I would be happy to have either one.  And, I would feel the same about trading up for either one.  Both are going early for good reason, so those complaining and not seeing CJ's value are simply not paying attention.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okudah for me just based on what scheme they would excell at and their strengths and weaknesses.   Okudah is really strong in all aspects of the game and well rounded.  Where as Henderson imo is actually better than okudah is in man-to-man on on a man scheme team would be the #1 choice for them in this draft.  Where as the Falcons under Morris now run a Cover Zone scheme which is one of Hendersons weaknesses. So Henderson would struggle on the Falcons alot more than he would other teams in the league that doesn't run what we do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...