Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Young is obviously the guy you should hands down try to trade up to get. Even if the cost is "Julio-esque". He's going to be a menace. 

The question for me is, would the Redskins even make a trade? He's a really, really good player and many think the best player in this class. If not for the value of a QB he'd be #1 easily. Not sure the Skins pass on the opportunity to draft him. It's certainly gonna cost all of our draft picks this year. We'd have to give at least 3 picks this draft and our 1st (and probably 2nd) next 

Redskins already drafted Sweat in the 1st last year and have Kerrigan. IF they were willing to move #2 it would be because they already have good DEs for the new 4-3 they will be running. Still doubt they move it though.

We should be asking about Kerrigan if they do keep #2 and draft Young.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By Gawd... that's Thomas Dimitroff's music

Takk is terrible, and he can't stay on the field.

Dont care about Takk or Kazee but 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd on top of that is brutal to think about. Young would have to be Julius Peppers level of good for that to be even close to worth it.

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

No just no

Why no? So we can draft more Vic beasleys takks and other first round defensive duds?

 

Go all in for Chase man. We need a game changer period. Tired of y’all acting like first round picks are gold around here TD rarely hits

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade up for Derrick Brown or this draft is a bust.. we can trade with cardinals and snag him before Jax. Just think about our FA signings and our previous drafts. Why the **** would we continue to waste high draft picks on CBs.. I’m sure dan Quinn learned his lesson. D line makes CBs look good and not the other way around.. Derrick Brown has the strength and quick get off that we need to disrupt and move QBs out the pocket especially QBs like Brady and Brees.. you won’t beat them any other way. Don’t be stupid guys.. we will have Derrick Brown at the end of this draft and he will be the key piece we need for a SB run.. anybody else and we are looking at a worse defense than last year.. and no Kinlaw is nothing like Derrick Brown. It’s Super Bowl or bust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JAyOnEz said:

Trade up for Derrick Brown or this draft is a bust.. we can trade with cardinals and snag him before Jax. Just think about our FA signings and our previous drafts. Why the **** would we continue to waste high draft picks on CBs.. I’m sure dan Quinn learned his lesson. D line makes CBs look good and not the other way around.. Derrick Brown has the strength and quick get off that we need to disrupt and move QBs out the pocket especially QBs like Brady and Brees.. you won’t beat them any other way. Don’t be stupid guys.. we will have Derrick Brown at the end of this draft and he will be the key piece we need for a SB run.. anybody else and we are looking at a worse defense than last year.. and no Kinlaw is nothing like Derrick Brown. It’s Super Bowl or bust.

Only CB I would take high is Okudah. Even then a trade UP to get a corner is too rich. With all the talk of us potentially moving into top5 it’s gotta be for a pass rusher. Break the bank for Chase.  Washington already is loaded on DL and could get a great haul for that #2 pick. We would get a generational talent at DE which we have been needing forever now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Only CB I would take high is Okudah. Even then a trade UP to get a corner is too rich. With all the talk of us potentially moving into top5 it’s gotta be for a pass rusher. Break the bank for Chase.  Washington already is loaded on DL and could get a great haul for that #2 pick. We would get a generational talent at DE which we have been needing forever now. 

Takk is hungry and can get it done.. you saw the sacks Fowler got with 2 monsters in the middle (Donald and Suh)... we can have our Monsters (Grady and Brown) and get to the super bowl like the rams did with a better offense. We don’t need to break the bank. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

:ninja:

 

This is the only way teams can do this with a remote/virtual draft - Lay out a 'complete deal' early.  You cannot leave anything to human chance and technical errors during the draft.  If it gets done, it will get done early, and it will simply be a button push during the draft.  That being said, PUSH THE BUTTON, TD!!!!!

Edited by Maltese Falcon
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JAyOnEz said:

Takk is hungry and can get it done.. you saw the sacks Fowler got with 2 monsters in the middle (Donald and Suh)... we can have our Monsters (Grady and Brown) and get to the super bowl like the rams did with a better offense. We don’t need to break the bank. 

Takk is terrible, and he can't stay on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites

wouldn't it cost less to go with kinlaw (at around pick 10-12) as opposed to Brown (around pick 8)?  We'd lose a 3rd rounder for kinlaw and 2nd rounder for brown, I suspect.  is there much difference between them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Per rappaport Instagram story... Redskins are in trade talks for the #2 OVR... not intent on moving but listening to offers. Could this be atlanta potentially making a move up for Chase young?

No,

if anyone is moving up for pick#2 it would be either the chargers or the Dolphins. 

The Phins have #1(4), #1(18), #1(26), 2 #2's, 2 #5's, and 3 #7's and Tua is their man. I do think though the Skins will end up with Tua unless their GM is absolutely nuts. Unless Chase is as good as Aaron Donald you don't take him over Tua, and chase is probably not even better than any of the Bosa twins or Myles Garret. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

If we trade from 16 to 2 to get Young he'd better be a game wrecker supreme.

If he turns into Clowney 2.0, eeeerbody's getting fired.

Clowney got moved to a position he was not used to playing...  in the NFL level. He wasn't a bust; jut didn't live up to the hype/potential. Some of that was injury also.  Will Young fulfill the promise? Unknown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 10:12 AM, jetpac said:

Why no? So we can draft more Vic beasleys takks and other first round defensive duds?

 

Go all in for Chase man. We need a game changer period. Tired of y’all acting like first round picks are gold around here TD rarely hits

This isn’t the nba man.  You have to build a complete team in the nfl.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 9:50 AM, PriMeTiiMe said:

Redskins already drafted Sweat in the 1st last year and have Kerrigan. IF they were willing to move #2 it would be because they already have good DEs for the new 4-3 they will be running. Still doubt they move it though.

We should be asking about Kerrigan if they do keep #2 and draft Young.

Is Kerrigan decent?  I don't follow NFL as closely as I used to.  If he is an upgrade, this is not a bad idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to also consider the pressure of not drafting an elite HOME TOWN kid. Washington would fall under major criticism if he becomes that 13-15 sack a year guy. One man does not make a team but with what I’ve seen over the last few years I’d readily swap 1sts this year give a 2nd 3rd this year and give them late picks if not the last picks in each round to get another predator on the dline. A super Abraham or a Julius peppers type producer. With that being said if I’m gm I’m probably standing pat and selecting from the 2-3 guys that will inevitably slip. I actually would not be surprised to have a trade down happen also. In a deep draft I’d think you want to have more “bullets in the clip” giving you more shots at hitting on picks. Employ that strategy if there is no Kinlaw, Henderson or any other game changer. More picks means more competent and capable talent which in turn creates more challenges all over the field instead of allowing opposing coordinators to simplify scheme away from a solitary impact guy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ket222 said:

wouldn't it cost less to go with kinlaw (at around pick 10-12) as opposed to Brown (around pick 8)?  We'd lose a 3rd rounder for kinlaw and 2nd rounder for brown, I suspect.  is there much difference between them?

It depends who you want. If they think Brown is significantly better than Kinlaw, the additional cost to move up is irrelevant 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TTU Falcon said:

I just don't understand what we can reasonably offer them to drop from that pick.  They would be going from 2 to 16.  I just don't think we have the draft capital to make trading for Chase Young possible.

1st 2nd 3rd this year

1st next year 3rd next year

2nd 2022 would probably be the bounty... very expensive 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jetpac said:

1st 2nd 3rd this year

1st next year 3rd next year

2nd 2022 would probably be the bounty... very expensive 

I can see the draw.  We would have a *hopefully* top pass rusher on the cheap for the rest of matt and julios contending years.

 

I think I could swallow that if we don't have to give up 2022 2nd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...