Redskins in trade talks

D.B.N.

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

Per rappaport Instagram story... Redskins are in trade talks for the #2 OVR... not intent on moving but listening to offers. Could this be atlanta potentially making a move up for Chase young?

Maybe...although they would be idiots to not “listen to offers.” I’d imagine Chase is there guy unless someone gives them an offer they can’t refuse. 

For instance, if some team coughed up their 1st and 3rd and I could still get Okudah? I’d make the trade. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Maybe...although they would be idiots to not “listen to offers.” I’d imagine Chase is there guy unless someone gives them an offer they can’t refuse. 

Unless they  want  a qb or they want to replace Trent Williams.

There are a couple  scenarios  where they  could  pass on Young  given that the Dline is their strength.

Scot McCloughan Says Chase Young is the Best DE Prospect He’s Scouted

By Mark Tyler  Apr 20, 2020, 8:26am EDT

NFL: Washington Redskins at Arizona CardinalsMark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Former Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan ran the team’s drafts from 2015-2016. As many of you know, I was not a fan of many of McCloughan’s decisions during his two year stint as general manager, most arising from the 2016 NFL draft, and some of his head-scratching free agent moves. But, make no mistake about it, the guy does have a keen eye for talent. I’ve always viewed him as a better “scout” that an ultimate decision maker for a franchise.

McCloughan was responsible for giving us Brandon Scherff, Kendall Fuller and Matt Ioannidis, and we have seen other players like Jamison Crowder and Austin Reiter go on to have good years outside of D.C.

McCloughan had a hand in some amazing draft picks when he was a member of the front office in Seattle from 2010-2013. Some of the notable players from those classes include Russell Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, Cam Chancellor, K.J. Wright, Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner and Luke Wilson.

Scot seemed to have a knack at finding those mid-to-late round gems that many teams overlooked.

This morning, he joined Kevin Sheehan and The Team 980 to discuss the 2020 NFL Draft.

He had some comments on Chase Young that may be of interest to Redskins fans.

Scot McCloughan tells @team980 that Chase Young is the best DE talent he has scouted in the 28 years of his career as a talent evaluator.

So, 28 years as a talent evaluator is a long time. Think whatever you want about McCloughan, but that is saying something. If one of the best scouts the game has seen in 20 years is saying this, those “generational” labels being heaped on Young may just have some credence.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Unless they  want  a qb or they want to replace Trent Williams.

There are a couple  scenarios  where they  could  pass on Young  given that the Dline is their strength.

THAT would be stupid. They could easily get a minimum 1st round pick from someone who wants Young and still get a tackle

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

For instance, if some team coughed up their 1st and 3rd and I could still get Okudah? I’d make the trade. 

Make Him An Offer He Can T Refuse GIFs | Tenor

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

Scot McCloughan Says Chase Young is the Best DE Prospect He’s Scouted

By Mark Tyler  Apr 20, 2020, 8:26am EDT

NFL: Washington Redskins at Arizona CardinalsMark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Former Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan ran the team’s drafts from 2015-2016. As many of you know, I was not a fan of many of McCloughan’s decisions during his two year stint as general manager, most arising from the 2016 NFL draft, and some of his head-scratching free agent moves. But, make no mistake about it, the guy does have a keen eye for talent. I’ve always viewed him as a better “scout” that an ultimate decision maker for a franchise.

McCloughan was responsible for giving us Brandon Scherff, Kendall Fuller and Matt Ioannidis, and we have seen other players like Jamison Crowder and Austin Reiter go on to have good years outside of D.C.

McCloughan had a hand in some amazing draft picks when he was a member of the front office in Seattle from 2010-2013. Some of the notable players from those classes include Russell Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, Cam Chancellor, K.J. Wright, Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner and Luke Wilson.

Scot seemed to have a knack at finding those mid-to-late round gems that many teams overlooked.

This morning, he joined Kevin Sheehan and The Team 980 to discuss the 2020 NFL Draft.

He had some comments on Chase Young that may be of interest to Redskins fans.

Scot McCloughan tells @team980 that Chase Young is the best DE talent he has scouted in the 28 years of his career as a talent evaluator.

So, 28 years as a talent evaluator is a long time. Think whatever you want about McCloughan, but that is saying something. If one of the best scouts the game has seen in 20 years is saying this, those “generational” labels being heaped on Young may just have some credence.

Good way to pump up the player if you really want to trade out of  the spot.

2 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

What are we talking here? 1st, 2nd, 4th, next years 1st and 2nd? .....I dont know. Get that next year 2nd to a 3rd, and I say pull the trigger.

They would more than likely want our 3rd and not a 4th. But if we do we would have only 4 picks. I don’t know if McKay would do it

2 minutes ago, Jerry Maguire said:

Possible that a team wants to go up above Detroit and make sure it get its QB. It's not out of the question that Detroit takes a QB and ends up moving Stafford.

I believe it is out of the question. If they trade Stafford they will have a $32 million cap hit this year. Trade him next year it’s $19 million. Can’t see it