Peter King Guesses Hurts to Falcons

Peter King was on PFT today with Mike Florio and they were predicting where each top QB would go in the draft.

When it came to having to give a prediction to where Jalen Hurts would go, King predicted us. Says he could see a team drafting him who would want to use him immediately as a weapon on offense similar to Taysom Hill - I don't think he knows much about the creativity of DK...

I think this would be a terrible pick. Doesn't make us better now, and will only add some weird unwarranted QB controversy amongst the fanbase who doesn't give Ryan the credit he deserves. 

Thoughts?

(Starts at 10:06):

With TD and DQ's jobs pretty much on the line this year - I don't see them drafting a player who's going to be sitting on the bench close to 100% of the time. They need players who will be playing and impacting the game now - not 3 years from now.

With that said, I'm not sure about the McKay affect on all of this.

14 minutes ago, octoslash said:

For this team at this time, with the jobs of the entire coaching staff and most of the front office on the line, Hurts would be a ridiculous use of a draft pick.

I almost wonder if he's intentionally saying something stupid just for creating buzz or having something to discuss. Like others have said, DQ and TD are in full-blown save our skins mode right now.

Just out of boredom, what if Tua or Hebert dropped to 16? Would it be worth considering ala Aaron Rodgers under Favre as best player available, assuming Kinlaw, Henderson, Simmons, Okudah, etc are off the board. At some point we do have to start thinking about life after MR2

Edited by Mister pudding

43 minutes ago, FalconTough said:

Peter King was on PFT today with Mike Florio and they were predicting where each top QB would go in the draft.

When it came to having to give a prediction to where Jalen Hurts would go, King predicted us. Says he could see a team drafting him who would want to use him immediately as a weapon on offense similar to Taysom Hill - I don't think he knows much about the creativity of DK...

I think this would be a terrible pick. Doesn't make us better now, and will only add some weird unwarranted QB controversy amongst the fanbase who doesn't give Ryan the credit he deserves. 

Thoughts?

(Starts at 10:06):

Stop worrying about Matt's feelings for Christ's sake. He's gonna be 35 next month. How much longer do you think he has? When on God's green earth would you have us look for his replacement? The day after he retires? If Hurts is there? Take him I say. We might never be in a position to grab an impactful QB like him... 

6 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Stop worrying about Matt's feelings for Christ's sake. He's gonna be 35 next month. How much longer do you think he has? When on God's green earth would you have us look for his replacement? The day after he retires? If Hurts is there? Take him I say. We might never be in a position to grab an impactful QB like him... 

We'll never be in a position to draft a second round quarterback again?

Interesting.

52 minutes ago, octoslash said:

For this team at this time, with the jobs of the entire coaching staff and most of the front office on the line, Hurts would be a ridiculous use of a draft pick.

If he fell to the 6th....  it would be a good gamble

If they  nailed the first 3 picks, then I could actually see it with one of  the 4ths.

Anything earlier than that would be  questionable.

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Drafting Jalen Hurts and trading Ryan would be a great start to showing some of the stupid *** people on this board of how much they took Matt for granted.

How many more years does he need to not win? It’s someone else’s turn. Blow it up