Chargers unveil uniforms...

Just now, Snafu said:

I dont want to be "That Guy" but I'm a little sad that theirs lived up to the hype.

I was telling someone earlier today...we had the chance to do something similar with a classic version we all loved...the new uniforms are growing on me but seeing this makes me wish we did something with our old uniforms other than making it an alternate.

6 minutes ago, Absolute said:

I was telling someone earlier today...we had the chance to do something similar with a classic version we all loved...the new uniforms are growing on me but seeing this makes me wish we did something with our old uniforms other than making it an alternate.

Yup.

Literally every single combo they have is very nice. All fit their theme. Really dig the white w/ yellow pants and blue socks.

1 minute ago, ket222 said:

a lot better than our new almost monochrome ones.  I just don't understand why people don't prefer mainly red with some black.  All black just doesn't look very falcon like 

They'll have to put an identity to the new uniforms.  The all white "road" uniform will be a sight to see on the tube!!  Can't wait!!

2 hours ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

They'll have to put an identity to the new uniforms.  The all white "road" uniform will be a sight to see on the tube!!  Can't wait!!

They need an "identity" to the team.  No fans in LA, Rivers Gone, Gordon Gone.  That team is an absolute mess in a city that doesn't want them there. 

4 hours ago, thomass said:

Looks the same... outside the addition of yellow pants. 

Striping removed, clean font, numbers thickened up, shoulder bolt enlarged, single solid outline on number and the bolts.

The only thing that really stayed the same is the color and the bolts on the shoulders and pants.

Edited by Snafu
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 5:44 PM, dmite said:

Not a fan of the yellow pants, but looks like UCLA uniforms now.  Trying to get their fans?

Very likely.  I live in San Diego and the Chargers are in a tough spot.  They moved to LA when SD really wanted them to stay.  The owner basically gave the finger to SD.  As a result, the majority of fans turned on them and started following other teams.  The few that still followed them were mainly cheering for Rivers and Gates who are now gone.  LA did NOT want the Chargers.  It's a Rams and Raiders town and Raiders/Chargers is a big rivalry somewhat like ours with the Saints.

Then the Chargers owner had them play in an MLS stadium until the Rams stadium was built that only seats around 30k.  The games do not sell out (a 30k seat stadium) and are predominantly opposing teams fans essentially making every Charger game a road game.   

Local LA sports hacks rank LA's love of sports teams in the following order:

1) Lakers

2) Dodgers

3) USC

4) UCLA

5) Rams

6) Kings

7) Angels

8) Clippers

9) Chargers

So yeah, with all that said, if Dean Spanos and the Chargers can lure UCLA fans with UCLA colors on unis, it's an act of desperation.