Jump to content

Dimitroff is a boss. He is making his last stand...


Spts1
 Share

Recommended Posts

I TOTALLY agree with what he is being rumored to be doing here.  There is no tomorrow.  He and Quinn are on thin ice with Blank.   Ryan, Julio and the core don't have time to rebuild around draft prospects either.  I predicted this move and its what they SHOULD do.   For the problems the Falcons have, its still a talented roster that just needs a playmaker on the defensive side of the ball to pair with Fowler.   Any of those top 3 defenders on the board would put that Falcons defense where it needs to be.   You go totally in on this and make your Superbowl push now.  If it means giving up the draft for that push, you do it...

"  Dutch, you out of your mind..."

 

 

Yarn | Dillon, we make a stand now, or there will be nobody left ...

 

" We make our stand now or there will be nobody left to get the chopper.."

 

Predator 1 - We make our stand now, or there'll be nobody left ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FAN_O_THE_ATL said:

I don't think TD & Dan have carte blanche on giving up the farm for one player.  Part of Rich McKay's role is to prevent that.  A trade up is ok as long as it doesn't sink the franchise beyond 2020.

I can't see any scenario where they trade up to a worthwhile spot WITHOUT sinking the franchise beyond 2020

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bigjmw84 said:

I would go for it because of the solid FA haul this offseason. We upgraded DE TE RB in the 1st wave of transactions. We will be in the market for another splash at a need position after June 1st.

Logan Ryan

A. Dennard

Everson Griffen 

Markus Golden 

This!!! Any of these dudes, especially Griffen or Golden would be perfect for us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, bigjmw84 said:

The thought of having a front 4 of Fowler/Grady/Kinlaw/Griffen...:)Add Bryce Hall in the 2nd, and the secondary will look so much better. Kazee would be a pick machine again with all that added pressure up front.

Not if the can’t stop the run or cover the flats and the seams that front 4 will be rendered useless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Spts1 said:

I TOTALLY agree with what he is being rumored to be doing here.  There is no tomorrow.  He and Quinn are on thin ice with Blank.   Ryan, Julio and the core don't have time to rebuild around draft prospects either.  I predicted this move and its what they SHOULD do.   For the problems the Falcons have, its still a talented roster that just needs a playmaker on the defensive side of the ball to pair with Fowler.   Any of those top 3 defenders on the board would put that Falcons defense where it needs to be.   You go totally in on this and make your Superbowl push now.  If it means giving up the draft for that push, you do it...

"  Dutch, you out of your mind..."

 

 

Yarn | Dillon, we make a stand now, or there will be nobody left ...

 

" We make our stand now or there will be nobody left to get the chopper.."

 

Predator 1 - We make our stand now, or there'll be nobody left ...

I personally don’t want to mortgage the future for a cornerback, but hey that’s just me.   Derrick Brown is a monster.  I wouldn’t mind him.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

No question at all. Of course. If we cut Ryan, traded Julio for a 7th, fired TD and Quinn, but won it all... it'd be worth it to me.

We could trade all our picks for future picks with the teams below us. Our first for your next year's first and second. Our second for your next year's second and third.  We do this for five years in a row and then we can trade up and take the whole first round. The first 32 picks in the 2025 draft belong to the Atlanta Falcons! We'd probably finish 6-10, going on a roll to win the final five games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Falcons have a losing season and do not make the playoffs (even with the expanded # of teams),

TD is GONE

QUINN is GONE

We have a new head coach/GM coming in that would at best need at least a year to adjust the team

We would not be expected to be in the playoffs that first season under a new coach

Ryan and Julio are considered trade bait for a high pick

Mack, McKinley, Neal and Gurley are definitely gone

We are likely looking like Carolina is looking now

Would it really matter for 2021 whether we have that 2021 1st round pick?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I definitely see a full scale rebuild if this season tanks. Don’t know how soon you could move Ryan but I’m guessing it isn’t feasible until After 2021. I think Blank scrubs it clean.

With that being said I agree, Quinn n TD have nothing to lose by swinging for the fences and trading up. They won’t be around to fill the effects if they fail anyway. Still makes me wonder would Blank allow it seeing as this year is make or break for both the GM and Head coach. Could set the next regime back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

I definitely see a full scale rebuild if this season tanks. Don’t know how soon you could move Ryan but I’m guessing it isn’t feasible until After 2021. I think Blank scrubs it clean.

With that being said I agree, Quinn n TD have nothing to lose by swinging for the fences and trading up. They won’t be around to fill the effects if they fail anyway. Still makes me wonder would Blank allow it seeing as this year is make or break for both the GM and Head coach. Could set the next regime back

Blank wants to see a super bowl too and he's pretty advanced in age. I'm sure he's all for it as well. Go for it while you have your best shot with Ryan and Julio still here. Who knows how long it'll be before we find a QB after Ryan is gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

I definitely see a full scale rebuild if this season tanks. Don’t know how soon you could move Ryan but I’m guessing it isn’t feasible until After 2021. I think Blank scrubs it clean.

With that being said I agree, Quinn n TD have nothing to lose by swinging for the fences and trading up. They won’t be around to fill the effects if they fail anyway. Still makes me wonder would Blank allow it seeing as this year is make or break for both the GM and Head coach. Could set the next regime back

Two things about people being hesitant about the Falcons trading the draft to move up:

1.  If you have a losing season, you are rebuilding ANYWAY,  regardless of what you do in the draft.  A new coach and GM is gonna want to revamp the roster.

2.  Who says you can't rebuild thru free agency?  You may have to go cheap but at least you have a track record on a player instead of wondering if a player will pan out thru the draft...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Blank wants to see a super bowl too and he's pretty advanced in age. I'm sure he's all for it as well. Go for it while you have your best shot with Ryan and Julio still here. Who knows how long it'll be before we find a QB after Ryan is gone.

Exactly.  I mean, it HAS been over 50 years and zero chips.  You can use free agency to make up for lost draft picks.  You don't have to look at a premium free agent either.  I've always felt people put too much stock in the lower rounds of the draft.  I rather have a free agent player that has shown me what he can do...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

If the Falcons have a losing season and do not make the playoffs (even with the expanded # of teams),

TD is GONE

QUINN is GONE

We have a new head coach/GM coming in that would at best need at least a year to adjust the team

We would not be expected to be in the playoffs that first season under a new coach

Ryan and Julio are considered trade bait for a high pick

Mack, McKinley, Neal and Gurley are definitely gone

We are likely looking like Carolina is looking now

Would it really matter for 2021 whether we have that 2021 1st round pick?

it really could unwind quick - julio and matt have contracts that won't make them tradeable next year - too much dead money - but the year after?  Yeah, could happen.

If this year goes bad, you are right - then next year is a rebuild year and I don't want a rebuild year w/o a 1st round pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...