24 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I'll take a QB with a brain and an average arm over physical superiority every day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf had cannons.

We've been stuck with Matt Ryan for the past dozen years.   

What rotten luck.  

And the Saints have been stuck w/Brees for 14 years... Super Bowl 

And the Packers have been stuck w/Rodgers for 15 years... Super Bowl. 

And the Giants were stuck with Eli for 16 years... Two Super Bowls. 

And the Steelers have been stuck w /Big Ben forever... Super Bowl. 

And Seattle has been stuck w/Russell Wilson for 8 years... Super Bowl. 

Oh yeah... And the Falcons have been stuck with Matt Ryan for 12 years... NO SUPER BOWLS! 

What's your point? 

Matt’s said himself that if he gets his full wind up and steps into it, his max range is about 65 yards. That’s how far he threw it to Roddy in the panthers game in 2012, and I think that’s good enough considering all of his other attributes. Can we stop making threads about his arm strength one way or the other? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Matt’s said himself that if he gets his full wind up and steps into it, his max range is about 65 yards. That’s how far he threw it to Roddy in the panthers game in 2012, and I think that’s good enough considering all of his other attributes. Can we stop making threads about his arm strength one way or the other? :lol:

Really this. Everyone has seen these. No one is changing their mind.

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

I'll take a QB with a brain and an average arm over physical superiority every day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf had cannons.

We've been stuck with Matt Ryan for the past dozen years.   

What rotten luck.  

So there is no such thing as physical superiority with a average brain? Ben Roethlisberger, Pat Mahommes, DeShaun Watson? I like how you guys use extremes to prop Ryan. I don't think anyone is saying he sucks. Just that this area of his game is a weakness.

I wish he had a coordinator that excel in intermediate and short passing game. Shanahan was the only coordinator he ever had that was perfect for Ryan. 

I can't imagine what Julio numbers would look like with Big Ben and Pat. QBs that can get the most out of his talents. 

51 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

And the Saints have been stuck w/Brees for 14 years... Super Bowl 

And the Packers have been stuck w/Rodgers for 15 years... Super Bowl. 

And the Giants were stuck with Eli for 16 years... Two Super Bowls. 

And the Steelers have been stuck w /Big Ben forever... Super Bowl. 

And Seattle has been stuck w/Russell Wilson for 8 years... Super Bowl. 

Oh yeah... And the Falcons have been stuck with Matt Ryan for 12 years... NO SUPER BOWLS! 

What's your point? 

This is exactly why I say blow the team up

He did one of those QB challenges coming out of college.  I think he was at 64 yards or so.  He has nothing more than an average arm when he was at his strongest.  A QB having 65 yards in his arm to me is like a CB having 4.5 speed.  Its acceptable, but there is better out there.  

Matt has won a lot of games.  The deep ball has never been his forte.  

2 hours ago, Dirtier Bird said:

Excerpt from http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/matt-ryan?id=310

Negatives: Lacks the arm strength to challenge the deep secondary, as his long throws tend to flutter or hang up long enough for defenders to attack the ball in flight (see 2006 Brigham Young and Wake Forest contests and 2007 Massachusetts and Virginia Tech games)...Needs to do a better job of planting his feet to get more zip behind his long throws...Has inconsistent and adequate velocity when firing the ball deep...Weakest area of his game is exposed when he attempts to fire the deep ball, as the pass tends to lack accuracy...Runs too hot and cold when trying to air the ball out, as his long throws lack trajectory...Needs to improve timing on his deep throws, as he is very inconsistent hitting those targets coming out of cuts.

He's the best we've ever had, but noodle arm still fits.

Ryan has too much trajectory on his deep ball...