Would you rather draft Jeffrey Okudah or Isiah Simmons

I think Simmons is the safest pick in the draft. Highest floor and a position that translates much easier to the NFL. Corner is one of the hardest positions to play. Which maybe makes you think you should get the best player at the position in the draft but for me, I say Simmons especially because of his versatility. 

2 hours ago, Fired Up said:

I would go Simmons. Honestly the idea of Keanu Neal lining up behind Simmons and next to Jones in nickel situations. As a QB you would literally have no idea what was going to happen. 

I would rather have Simmons, Jones and Oluokun.  I want to move on from Neal.  

I heard an analyst say Simmons has a bachelor's in S/LB/CB with the ability to attain Masters/PhD at whichever position becomes his primary spot.

How often do u find a player that can look like Urlacher on 1st & 2nd @ LB, then turn to Sean Taylor @ S/CB on 3rd down. If we ca figure it out...get it done. We can mak a little splash signing after 6/1 to make up for what we lost in a trade up.

Edited by bigjmw84

3 hours ago, bigjmw84 said:

I heard an analyst say Simmons has a bachelor's in S/LB/CB with the ability to attain Masters/PhD at whichever position becomes his primary spot.

How often do u find a player that can look like Urlacher on 1st & 2nd @ LB, then turn to Sean Taylor @ S/CB on 3rd down. If we ca figure it out...get it done. We can mak a little splash signing after 6/1 to make up for what we lost in a trade up.

This is true, but I think one thing folks neglect to consider when calling him positionless or comparing him to Reddick is Simmons’s length and size. Simmons is a legit 6’4” 238 with long vine arms and runs a 4.39 with a 39 inch vert. Reddick was a 6’1” guy who ran a 4.52 and jumped almost three inches less. Plus Reddick was primarily an edge guy in college. Simmons did edge in his part time. The two are not comparable in space and coverage. Simmons, at the worst, is a full time WLB or SLB that can run, hit and cover. 
I hate when folks use Reddick as a comp.

Urlacher might be the closest comp, considering his college safety background and his amazing coverage skills

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

This is true, but I think one thing folks neglect to consider when calling him positionless or comparing him to Reddick is Simmons’s length and size. Simmons is a legit 6’4” 238 with long vine arms and runs a 4.39 with a 39 inch vert. Reddick was a 6’1” guy who ran a 4.52 and jumped almost three inches less. Plus Reddick was primarily an edge guy in college. Simmons did edge in his part time. The two are not comparable in space and coverage. Simmons, at the worst, is a full time WLB or SLB that can run, hit and cover. 
I hate when folks use Reddick as a comp.

Urlacher might be the closest comp, considering his college safety background and his amazing coverage skills

A better comp for Simmons is Darius Leonard.... but more athletic. 

8 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

I think Simmons is the safest pick in the draft. Highest floor and a position that translates much easier to the NFL. Corner is one of the hardest positions to play. Which maybe makes you think you should get the best player at the position in the draft but for me, I say Simmons especially because of his versatility. 

Disagree. In fact, I’d say Simmons is one of the riskier picks in the draft. 

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

Wow tough choice we need Okudah but Simmons would transform the defense plus CB is a deeper class.

Not like we'd have the picks to take advantage of that deep class if we pull the trigger to get Simmons, that's the worst part about it 

Simmons. A natural chess piece that can play anywhere you ask him to. I'm shocked he's not in discussion as a lock top 3 player. Concerns with possibly having to lose all of our current safeties next year would make it even more a case to just grab Simmons. I think he's the guy we're targeting considering the need for as many play makers as we can assemble and possibly slipping into the latter portion of the top 10. He's not getting past Carolina at 7 seeing as the buzz he could generate since he played at Clemson and the ability to essentially step into Kuechly's shoes.

Imagine Debo and Simmons roaming the middle of the field. You literally don't need a 3rd LB at that point. Add in Morris running more Tampa 2 looks, and we could see a huge turnaround on investment in year 1 by making the move for Simmons. Simmons can easily drop to that deep middle like the Tamp 2 defense requires. Wouldn't be surprised if we played more of a Big nickel, 4-2-5/3 safety look instead. The possibilities are endless with him.  That's how huge of a chess piece he is. OC's wouldn't know what we are running with a guy like Simmons on the field.