Who is the game manager coach this season?

Spts1

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I will give Quinn credit. It takes a strong man to realize he needs help or to hand off responsibility to someone who will do better.

Game manager coach

And Morris at DC

Good on him. Now find someone to hire a OC.

What is he doing?

He isn’t handling offense, defense got better when he went hands off, he isn’t developing players, he isn’t game managing.

motivational speeches? Why is he still coach

1 minute ago, 5stripes said:

What is he doing?

He isn’t handling offense, defense got better when he went hands off, he isn’t developing players, he isn’t game managing.

Our drafts have been far better under him. 

I'd rather a hands off coach who hires guys around him to do well than a hands on who sucks.

He got us Kyle. He got us Ulbrich. He got us Morris. 

3 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

What is he doing?

Letting coaches coach and not micromanaging. Being a head coach is enough. Being a new head coach and trying to be a coordinator at the same time is too much to ask. And who says he doesn't develop players?

Just now, Mister pudding said:

Letting coaches coach and not micromanaging. Being a head coach is enough. Being a new head coach and trying to be a coordinator at the same time is too much to ask. And who says he doesn't develop players?

His main project last year was being hands on with Beasley, a year later Beasley is gone

8 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

What is he doing?

:ninja:  I was wondering myself because EVERYTHING a head coach does has been delegated to someone else...

7 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Our drafts have been far better under him. 

I'd rather a hands off coach who hires guys around him to do well than a hands on who sucks.

He got us Kyle. He got us Ulbrich. He got us Morris. 

Sounds like he needs to be the GM instead of head coach...:ninja:

Just now, Mister pudding said:

Maybe the coach realized he wasn't worth the re-sign

Sounds like the GMs job.

The coach’s job was to get him to play consistently this past offseason when he took over the defense, that he eventually had to hand the keys to someone else after the defense sucked

13 minutes ago, 5stripes said:

Blank kept him to talk, not do

Blank wants continuity and hates to get rid of his coaches.  I get that.   Quinn has to produce THIS season or the things we have pointed out will be a part of him being released...

Edited by Spts1

1 hour ago, 5stripes said:

Sounds like the GMs job.

The coach’s job was to get him to play consistently this past offseason when he took over the defense, that he eventually had to hand the keys to someone else after the defense sucked

Coach doesn't have a say whether a player is worth having on the team? Quinn's only job is to transform Beasley into something he may not be? I'm not Quinn's #1 fan by any stretch, but at least he's learning that he can't do it all himself. Just realizing that will make him a better all around coach. Players love him and want to play for him... I hope he gets it & soon 

4 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Coach doesn't have a say whether a player is worth having on the team? Quinn's only job is to transform Beasley into something he may not be? I'm not Quinn's #1 fan by any stretch, but at least he's learning that he can't do it all himself. Just realizing that will make him a better all around coach. Players love him and want to play for him... I hope he gets it & soon 

More likely than not, keeping Beasley this year was not Quinn’s decision. He vouched for him last year and it was stupid 

1 minute ago, 5stripes said:

More likely than not, keeping Beasley this year was not Quinn’s decision. He vouched for him last year and it was stupid 

A coach should stand behind his players as long as they are his players. Management conversations are probably much different than public statements regarding players. True, the GM ultimately has the decision, but they get feedback from all over including the head coach. 

8 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

A coach should stand behind his players as long as they are his players. Management conversations are probably much different than public statements regarding players. True, the GM ultimately has the decision, but they get feedback from all over including the head coach. 

It’s a business. A coach should also evaluate talent and field the best team and make the right decision