My realistic 7 round Falcons mock

Osiruz

Trying to put myself in TD's shoes here. Roster looks good at almost all positions except LCB, LBer, iOL, and DE. I don't believe the FO is comfortable going into another season with shaky CB play considering the horrible first 8 games of last year, or having a mad scientist experiment. I do think that Rico Allen can play NCB in a pinch but that Sheffield is the starter there, and Oliver is the starter at RCB. I also think the LBers on this team are lacking. 

1. Bengals chose Joe Burrow.
  2. Washington chose Tua Tagovailoa
  3. Lions chose Chase Young
  4. Giants chose Jedrick Wills jr
  5. Dolphins chose Justin Herbert
  6. Chargers chose Isaiah Simmons
  7. Panthers chose Jeff Okudeh
  8. Cardinals chose Derrick Brown 
  9. Trade Alert!!! Trader Tom sends this year's 1st and 2nd round picks (value of 1300 pts) to the Jags for the 9th (value of 1350 pts)

The falcons select: CB CJ Henderson FL Gators.

3. With the third round pick #78 pick in the draft the Falcons select: ( OC / OG ) Matt Henessey from Temple.

4. With the fourth round pick #119 the Falcons select ( LB ) Malik Harrison from Ohio State. 

5. With the fifth round pick #143 the Falcons select ( LB ) Jacob PhillIps from LSU. 

7. With the 7th round pick #218 the Falcons select ( CB ) Harrison Hand from Temple. 

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Redskins passing on Young when they can get a qb early second or trade back into the first? Chargers not choosing a QB at 6? Cardinals not choosing the best OL on the board knowing they need to help Murray? 

yes sir absolutely. First year coach with a trash QB in Haskins, there is no way that riverboat passes on a gangsta at QB like Tua at the most important position for a DE who is arguably as good as Myles Garret or maybe even the Bosa brothers. The chargers want Herbert but with him gone off the board, the value is with Isaiah Simmons at LB, and they can trade up and take Jordan Love. The Cardinals just could not pass up a prospect like Derrick Brown falling to them and end up taking him over Wirfs, but I did debate that pick for a while. 

9 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Looks pretty realistic to me, although can't see us taking 2 off-ball linebackers, particularly 2 guys who project as similar type players. Maybe someone like Tanner Muse who is a LB/S hybrid.

Can definitely see Henderson and Hennessy being Falcons come the weekend though.

I agree it can go either way, but we have a bare cupboard at LBer and probably will need to double down. 

20 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Redskins passing on Young when they can get a qb early second or trade back into the first? Chargers not choosing a QB at 6? Cardinals not choosing the best OL on the board knowing they need to help Murray? 

Kinda get the Redskins passing since their DL is stacked. Not sure who they'd take though. And the Chargers easily might pass on a QB if the top 3 are gone by 6. The Cardinals one is definitely wack though

@Osiruz I see where you're coming from and like a lot of the players post round 1. But I'd hate the draft mostly because I don't like Henderson as much as a lot of people...I'm trying to get into him, I really am. But he just feels like post shoulder-tear Trufant in so many ways, albeit bigger. He'd be a solid player for sure. But after cutting Trufant, trading up for him would feel so one-step-forward-two-steps-back...definitely realistic for the Falcons to do something like this though.

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Kinda get the Redskins passing since their DL is stacked. Not sure who they'd take though. And the Chargers easily might pass on a QB if the top 3 are gone by 6. The Cardinals one is definitely wack though

@Osiruz I see where you're coming from and like a lot of the players post round 1. But I'd hate the draft mostly because I don't like Henderson as much as a lot of people...I'm trying to get into him, I really am. But he just feels like post shoulder-tear Trufant in so many ways, albeit bigger. He'd be a solid player for sure. But after cutting Trufant, trading up for him would feel so one-step-forward-two-steps-back...definitely realistic for the Falcons to do something like this though.

Maybe it’s just me. I do not see Tua going #2 at all. Haskins sucks but as I mentioned they could easily get a qb in the 2nd or trade back into the first. Kerrigan isn’t getting younger so Young ultimately becomes the face of the defense. 

Dolphins snagging Tua could happen IMO and Chargers snag Herbert. No way in the world the Cardinals go defense over offensive line. 

There’s also a chance the Lions take a QB because Stafford has not and is not getting them anywhere. 

21 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

This Mock is based off players we scouted and not mine. I am also in the camp that we should not trade up. I rather trade down in round 1 and take Diggs or Murray, and use that extra second rounder on a safety or CB. Who would you take with our late rounders?

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Maybe it’s just me. I do not see Tua going #2 at all. Haskins sucks but as I mentioned they could easily get a qb in the 2nd or trade back into the first. Kerrigan isn’t getting younger so Young ultimately becomes the face of the defense. 

Dolphins snagging Tua could happen IMO and Chargers snag Herbert. No way in the world the Cardinals go defense over offensive line. 

There’s also a chance the Lions take a QB because Stafford has not and is not getting them anywhere. 

If you are the Redskins HC would you mortgage your own career to Haskins or some trash second rounder when you can go Tua in the first? There is no guarantee the Redskins will pick top three again and get Lawrence. Taking Young over Tua would be a death sentence for Riverboat and he probably learned from his mistakes with the Panthers. Voch Lombardi also has the Skins taking Tua. The Chargers one is easy, they will take BPA considering their QB is gone, and the Cardinals pick is arguable, but I had them taking BPA. 

Just now, Osiruz said:

This Mock is based off players we scouted and not mine. I am also in the camp that we should not trade up. I rather trade down in round 1 and take Diggs or Murray, and use that extra second rounder on a safety. 

If you are the Redskins HC would you mortgage your own career to Haskins or some trash second rounder when you can go Tua in the first? There is no guarantee the Redskins will pick top three again and get Lawrence. Taking Young over Tua would be a death sentence for Riverboat and he probably learned from his mistakes with the Panthers. Voch Lombardi also has the Skins taking Tua. The Chargers one is easy, they will take BPA considering their QB is gone, and the Cardinals pick is arguable, but I had them taking BPA. 

Twice i have said they can select a qb with their second rounder or trade back into the first, including this post you just quoted. Taking young will not be a death sentence for them at all. Tua played with 3 potential first rounders this year. It’s hard to judge how good he actually is but I know a lot of you are on his wagon hard

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Twice i have said they can select a qb with their second rounder or trade back into the first, including this post you just quoted. Taking young will not be a death sentence for them at all. Tua played with 3 potential first rounders this year. It’s hard to judge how good he actually is but I know a lot of you are on his wagon hard

I am just being realistic, but who would you take over Tua or you think is better than Tua in the bottom of the 1st? 

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Gotta agree with you on this. Just can't see a team spending the 2nd overall pick on a guy who is coming off a very serious, potentially career-altering injury when they haven't been able to have their own doctors look at him and/or have him in for a private workout.

3 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

I am just being realistic, but who would you take over Tua or you think is better than Tua in the bottom of the 1st? 

Jalen Hurts is just as good as Tua. You can disagree with that opinion and that’s fine. In the games Tua played against legit good defenses, he was not that spectacular. I did a deep dive months ago and posted to back up my opinion but it was overlooked because people can’t handle someone disagreeing with them. 

1 minute ago, k-train said:

Gotta agree with you on this. Just can't see a team spending the 2nd overall pick on a guy who is coming off a very serious, potentially career-altering injury when they haven't been able to have their own doctors look at him and/or have him in for a private workout.

Yea I just don’t see it. The steal of the first round is going to be whoever snags Jordan Love, especially if he’s able to sit a couple of years. The Packers have went deep in their research dive. Tua is a huge risk at #2

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Jalen Hurts is just as good as Tua. You can disagree with that opinion and that’s fine. In the games Tua played against legit good defenses, he was not that spectacular. I did a deep dive months ago and posted to back up my opinion but it was overlooked because people can’t handle someone disagreeing with them. 

Lol Jalen Hurts might be out of the NFL in 5 years and is not anywhere remotely close to Tua. He lost his job to Tua because he was the lesser player. His mechanics are not that great, and he will need time to adjust to the NFL game. Tua is ready to step in and be QB1 today. Hurts is worse than Mayfield, and Mayfield is mediocre. 

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yea I just don’t see it. The steal of the first round is going to be whoever snags Jordan Love, especially if he’s able to sit a couple of years. The Packers have went deep in their research dive. Tua is a huge risk at #2

I mean, also consider that the Redskins have seen their fair share of QBs deal with career-altering injury issues... Theismann, RGIII, Alex Smith. So that just makes it seem even more crazy that they would turn around and use the #2 pick on a dude in Tua's situation.

Why not grab Young to bolster the D, and roll with Haskins & a later round QB this year? If Haskins and the rookie continue to blow, you're in good shape to take a top QB next year AND you have a stud anchoring your d-line for at least 5 years.

Nobody's expecting the Redskins to win now anyway, so acting like there's some urgency to get Tua because he can start right away is silly.

30 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I have been saying for awhile now he feels like a slower Trufant...I really hope he's not the pick. I think Trufant ran a 4.2-something, this dude is a 4.5-something? I'd rather have Danzler or Hall.

Wasn't Tur's injury a pec tho? I try to forget that year in general for obvious reasons but I could have sworn it was a pec thing.

57 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Looks pretty realistic to me, although can't see us taking 2 off-ball linebackers, particularly 2 guys who project as similar type players. Maybe someone like Tanner Muse who is a LB/S hybrid.

Can definitely see Henderson and Hennessy being Falcons come the weekend though.

I agree with Osi first two but for LB it’s probably Wilson (Wyoming) or Taylor (Colorado).

Just now, Osiruz said:

Lol Jalen Hurts might be out of the NFL in 5 years and is not anywhere remotely close to Tua. He lost his job to Tua because he was the lesser player. His mechanics are not that great, and he will need time to adjust to the NFL game. Tua is ready to step in and be QB1 today. Hurts is worse than Mayfield, and Mayfield is mediocre. 

He also came in and saved the day when Tua couldn’t get the job done in a big game but that’s neither here nor there. If you think Tua is special that’s on you. Like I said, he played with 3 potential first rounders this past year and his career vs top defenses is far from outstanding. You assume Hurts will be out of the NFL in 5 years, given the injury history, Tua May very well have a shorter career than any qb coming out this year. But ride that Tua train proudly though

1 hour ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

I have been saying for awhile now he feels like a slower Trufant...I really hope he's not the pick. I think Trufant ran a 4.2-something, this dude is a 4.5-something? I'd rather have Danzler or Hall.

Wasn't Tur's injury a pec tho? I try to forget that year in general for obvious reasons but I could have sworn it was a pec thing.

Henderson ran a 4.39 and Trufant ran a 4.38. 

2 minutes ago, k-train said:

I mean, also consider that the Redskins have seen their fare share of QBs deal with career-altering injury issues... Theismann, RGIII, Alex Smith. So that just makes it seem even more crazy that they would turn around and use the #2 pick on a dude in Tua's situation.

Can’t tell anyone anything man. 

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Narratives are usually a manifestation of the ego, and as such, almost impossible to conquer. At least that has been my experience.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

He also came in and saved the day when Tua couldn’t get the job done in a big game but that’s neither here nor there. If you think Tua is special that’s on you. Like I said, he played with 3 potential first rounders this past year and his career vs top defenses is far from outstanding. You assume Hurts will be out of the NFL in 5 years, given the injury history, Tua May very well have a shorter career than any qb coming out this year. But ride that Tua train proudly though

I could care less about Tua, I do think hes an excellent QB. Burrow played with some killers at WR with Chase, and Jefferson. and RB as well, that's not a knock on him. All I am saying is you would be absolutely nuts to pass up on Tua for Jalen Hurts. 

Just now, Pacific_Falcon said:

Narratives are usually a manifestation of the ego, and as such, almost impossible to conquer. At least that has been my experience.

Explain to me what you mean because I’d be fake if I pretended to know exactly what you’re saying. Are you saying I’m the one pushing a narrative due to an ego? 

If so I’m just giving my opinion as he is. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Explain to me what you mean because I’d be fake if I pretended to know exactly what you’re saying. Are you saying I’m the one pushing a narrative due to an ego? 

If so I’m just giving my opinion as he is. 

Just the opposite. I mean you could present a mountain of evidence and people with stick with their thing anyway because need to be right > everything.