• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1 of 2 things are going to happen. Most of you are going to be mad while the rest of us deal with what we don’t control or you’re going to deal with it and hope for the best IF it happens  

We better not come out this draft with 1 player and no future 1st

I aint even mad about moving up for Okudah, Simmons or Brown.   I believe any of them will be cornerstone picks for us.

5 minutes ago, stizz said:

This is so much of an every day thing now you'd think it had to be smoke. But TD signing Hawkins the other day as soon as it broke that we were targeting a corner, makes me think he just isn't that smart.

Shame on Blank if he signs off on a drastic trade.

explain what signing hawkins has to do with anything?

36 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

saying we missed on 4 of those 5 is just an outright lie.

The outright lie is your alleged knowledge of the topic... Here's my response to previous poster for your pleasure... 

You're making my case. Julio only sure fire pick.

Tru? Let go. How good could he be?

Takk? Always injured... and suffers from Mike Mamula syndrome of "almost gets there, but not quite..." (Hope the Mamula reference isn't wasted on the newbies in here...) 

Baker? T Rex arms. Forced into a position unnatural to him. Average at best. 

McGary? Who knows? Has a ways to go. But Fowler man-handled him last year to an embarrassing point. Just ask Ryan as he limped off the field. 

55 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

An impact player away yes. We have impact players at every level already. Grady, Debo, and Neal if he can stay healthy. One more impact player on the dline like kinlaw, Young, or an impact player out the outside like okudah makes the team a legit contender again. The offense is gonna offense. The defense is one impact player away from being good. The role players need to do their jobs to round out the edges. 

Neal hasn't been an impact player for two years and looked awful when he was healthy to start the season last year.

9 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

The outright lie is your alleged knowledge of the topic... Here's my response to previous poster for your pleasure... 

Takk? Always injured... and suffers from Mike Mamula syndrome of "almost gets there, but not quite..." (Hope the Mamula reference isn't wasted on the newbies in here...) 

McGary? Who knows? Has a ways to go. But Fowler man-handled him last year to an embarrassing point. Just ask Ryan as he limped off the field. 

Tru let go? He was a cap casualty. He wasn't a draft miss

Perhaps the addition of Fowler replacing Beasley will help Takk actually get there instead of almost. 

Baker forced into a position unnatural to him? 

McGary... well, let's just hope Fowler is just that good. Rookies make mistakes 

2 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Only after 6 super bowls....and at age 44. Are you really that dense? 

Right, and so he sucks since they let him go by your own logic.

Players play until they leave. The number of guys who plays for one franchise for their entire career is less than 5%. It was a stupid comment. Own it.

40 minutes ago, stizz said:

Neal hasn't been an impact player for two years and looked awful when he was healthy to start the season last year.

Yes for the season because he got hurt. But when he plays he impacts the game. Even last year his presence was felt. He just can’t stay healthy. And that’s the issue with him. So drafting a contingency plan for him might be in the cards this year. Maybe not 1st round but between the first 3 I’d assume. 

1 hour ago, joeyg2033 said:

@FalconFanSince1970 is that you?:lol:

15 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Yes for the season because he got hurt. But when he plays he impacts the game. Even last year his presence was felt. He just can’t stay healthy. And that’s the issue with him. So drafting a contingency plan for him might be in the cards this year. Maybe not 1st round but between the first 3 I’d assume. 

Just because a guy hits hard doesn't mean he's an impact player, especially when he doesn't have ball skills or has been slipping in pass coverage. 

4 minutes ago, stizz said:

I remember the days when this board annointed Neal over Willy Mo. At the peak of his game, Willy Mo had his hand in about a turnover a game. Neal has NEVER been close to that.

Neal hasn’t been healthy.  He’s basically missed two full seasons 

17 minutes ago, stizz said:

Just because a guy hits hard doesn't mean he's an impact player, especially when he doesn't have ball skills or has been slipping in pass coverage. 

He’s an impact player. It’s more than just his hard hits. But even that is impactful. Chancellor impacted the game with hard hits. Ronnie Lott impacted the game as a hard hitter. John Lynch impacted the game as a hard hitter. They cause fumbles and incomplete passes. That’s an impact. Also Neal is great in run defense. He impacts the running game. His ball skills are as good as any strong safety. What string safety is know to have great ball skills? Their impact is to be an enforcer. That IS their strength to a defense. A SS with great ball skills is a rarity. That’s why the FS is so important for that matter. He’s usually the ball skills guy. Then you have to consider the system the hit plays in. In OUR system which is cover 3 the SS is a hybrid LB. plays in the box a lot as an extra LB. If we were primarily a cover 2 defense then yes I agree with you about ball skills from your SS. Willy MO had decent ball skills. They went away when he switched to cover 3 when Quinn got here. Lotta things you’re not taking into consideration and lumping all SS’s in the same box. That’s why scheme fit matters. Not all SS’s can play enforcer in cover 3. Now you can say the rules changes affected neals impact on the defense because of the penalties he has drawn. But I’d still play my game regardless. It is what it is. Play your game. 

Just now, g-dawg said:

Neal hasn’t been healthy.  He’s basically missed two full seasons 

That's out the window when everyone consistently downed Willy Mo in comparison to Neal when Moore never missed an entire season. 

Neal is a guy that hits hard who may dislodge the ball from the carrier. Willy Mo could hit hard, create turnovers and was healthier than Neal.

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

He’s an impact player. It’s more than just his hard hits. But even that is impactful. Chancellor impacted the game with hard hits. Ronnie Lott impacted the game as a hard hitter. John Lynch impacted the game as a hard hitter. They cause fumbles and incomplete passes. That’s an impact. Also Neal is great in run defense. He impacts the running game. His ball skills are as good as any strong safety. What string safety is know to have great ball skills? Their impact is to be an enforcer. That IS their strength to a defense. A SS with great ball skills is a rarity. That’s why the FS is so important for that matter. He’s usually the ball skills guy. Then you have to consider the system the hit plays in. In OUR system which is cover 3 the SS is a hybrid LB. plays in the box a lot as an extra LB. If we were primarily a cover 2 defense then yes I agree with you about ball skills from your SS. Willy MO had decent ball skills. They went away when he switched to cover 3 when Quinn got here. Lotta things you’re not taking into consideration and lumping all SS’s in the same box. That’s why scheme fit matters. Not all SS’s can play enforcer in cover 3. 

Several posters have pointed out over the years that if Neal would not look to headhunt there were opportunities where he could be in position to intercept a pass if he kept his feet. I'd say 30 of 32 strong safeties in the league make that interception in Philly instead of goofily kneeing the ball in the air.

13 minutes ago, stizz said:

I remember the days when this board annointed Neal over Willy Mo. At the peak of his game, Willy Mo had his hand in about a turnover a game. Neal has NEVER been close to that.

That is not true.

Neal has not been the INT machine that willy Mo was  but he  actually  set the nfl record for forced  fumbles   for a db over his first 2 years.

Had Willy Mo  stayed healthy he would be regarded as one of the better safeties  to play  in the nfl  over the last couple of decades... Neal was on that trajectory aswell.