Rumors really heating up

32 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

So why is there an argument of whether bb drafts well? I feel like some in here think I'm a noob and want to try and jump on me. It's cool though. Happens every year when I come to talk draft.

I’m good with you, bro. Don’t let the mob bother you.  Sometimes they turn on ppl.  Just speak your mind and you’ll be good to go

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1 of 2 things are going to happen. Most of you are going to be mad while the rest of us deal with what we don’t control or you’re going to deal with it and hope for the best IF it happens  

We better not come out this draft with 1 player and no future 1st

I aint even mad about moving up for Okudah, Simmons or Brown.   I believe any of them will be cornerstone picks for us.

14 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Better draft position doesn’t equate to success.If that we’re true why are we seeing the same bunch of teams at or near the top and still not winning.

It did plenty of favours for Morris Ulbrich and a bunch of players who still have jobs.

A new coach wants to do new things it’s not just kick starting into some sought of gold rush and all of a sudden we are good.

This league very rarely works that way.

Then why are we trying to move up lol

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Guess you didn't see the impact that minkah Fitzpatrick had on the Steelers defense. 

So be it, shouldn't we be talking about how he transformed the position over a full season? Or should we especially be looking at 1-game?

You do not mortgage two drafts for a LB or a S. Even if you think he is special, and no one knows how special he is until he reaches the next level. Right?

If he drops to #9 or #10, then go or it. Same with Kinlaw.

8 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

So be it, shouldn't we be talking about how he transformed the position over a full season? Or should we especially be looking at 1-game?

You do not mortgage two drafts for a LB or a S. Even if you think he is special, and no one knows how special he is until he reaches the next level. Right?

If he drops to #9 or #10, then go or it. Same with Kinlaw.

I don't even know what your first paragraph means....y'all keep downplaying the importance of the safety position and then keep wondering why the defense can't make that next step. More often than not behind every elite defense there's an elite safety.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I don't even know what your first paragraph means....y'all keep downplaying the importance of the safety position and then keep wondering why the defense can't make that next step. More often than not behind every elite defense there's an elite safety.

The second round could offer Delpit, Davis and Blackmon.  In this draft, do you really want to draft a FS in the first round?

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You gonna post June 1st cut your franchise QB of almost 2 decades? That would be the most disrespectful move to any player in NFL history. Let's try to be realistic here.

And defeats the entire premise of the original post - which was Ryan as TRADE CAPITAL to move into the top 5, which was then allowing for Tua to be picked. :shrug:

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I'm not intending to say your opinion doesn't have validity - it does.

However, I don't see any of those 4 guys as likely to fail.  there is always risk - there's risk to sitting at 16 as well.  Ultimately, if you sit at 16 and miss on that pick, you probably would have been better off moving up.

Had Falcons not traded up for Julio - TD said on 680-the-fan the week after the draft he would have taken Wisconsin OT Gabe Carimi - who was a huge bust for Chicago Bears.    Odds are, we would have done worse w/o him.

I grant you if you trade up and the player isn't a superstar - it's a bad move.

I was all in on the Julio trade up, I wanted it badly. I don't know if this is the right move though for the DL, it might be, but i'm not sure. I think if we stay there is still someone we can take at #16 be it Kinlaw or Chaisson. 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Well, maybe you are the Football Analyst we should all be paying attention to? Since, you have sort of re-set the position rankings.

Bucky Brooks rates FS as the (11th) most important, and SS as the (18th) most important. So obviously he has these positions rated way to low (What an Idiot).

Now where would you put Simmons, FS (11th) I would assume, since he could maybe play some CB too? 

_________________________________________________________

Yes, Simmons is a quite the specimen. But, he is more suited for a Safety Blitz than a Pass Rusher.

So the answer is no to trashing two drafts for his services, by moving up to the 3rd draft pick from the 16th. If TD makes this gamble he will loose the roll

of the dice this time, on a position not worthy of the gamble. I know that makes you cringe, but it is best advice for all Falcon brain-trust everywhere. You agree now? 

10 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I was all in on the Julio trade up, I wanted it badly. I don't know if this is the right move though for the DL, it might be, but i'm not sure. I think if we stay there is still someone we can take at #16 be it Kinlaw or Chaisson. 

I just don't feel great about Chaisson.   He's not a down/hand in the dirt Defensive End and I don't really know what he is as a linebacker.   He just feels like another "tweener" to me...if we draft him, hope I am wrong.

Well, that'd be all kinds of stupid.

We can get a corner, safety, or DT that can all get legit snaps and have legit upside in the 2nd.  We can get starters that can make a difference in the 3rd.

And we need those guys.  We need help at pass rush, at LB, and at secondary.  You don't get all that with 1 player.  You get it with 3 or 4, which is what we can do now.

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Davis, Delpit, Dugger, Blackmon and Burgess may all be available in the second round.  I think all of them are upgrades from what we have on the roster now.  

6 hours ago, Fernando C. said:

I dont want a to trade up.. but if we do it it has to be for Simmons.. he will be there at the 8th pick..

I hope you're right but I think we need to go up to 4 for Simmons. For one the Giants may take him themselves, 5th and 6th will be QB's. Panthers just had Kueckly retire, have a hard time seeing them pass up