• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, now we know Delpit won't be the pick

Delpit will be a great pick... at 47.

Imagine thinking Delpit > Winfield Jr

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

High ankle sprain and a shoulder injury. Dude is tough as heck.

I will say this.  High ankle sprains are no joke.  Really takes 6-8 weeks to fully recover with great treatment and rest.   If you play on it, even longer.

I have had 3 high ankle sprains in my life.  Any orthopedist will tell you it’s worse than a broken bone.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I agree that safety is a long-term need for the Falcons and I am never a one to draft for the short term.

Having said that, do you believe Dimitroff and Quinn are drafting for anything past 2020 right now with their perilous job security?  While Delpit is an excellent safety prospect at the next level, I just don’t see it with our 1st round pick.

We know QUINN loves nickel defenders so I am not ruling it out but find it highly improbable.  I believe safety could come into play at some point in this draft and maybe if Delpit got close to our #47 pick and we didn’t make a trade-up in 1st.

I just don’t see Delpit as a #1 target anchor pick for the 2020 draft.

Delpit is a versatile playmaker.

Him playing single high with his range could affect the QB and the pass rush in Quinn's scheme.

Delpit could also blitz at times as well.

1 hour ago, RYNE said:

I just don’t think the falcons are nearly as concerned with safety as some of you around here do. I agree it’s a problem. And I would have unloaded Neal if it were possible. Love the player, but he can’t stay healthy. 

with that being said Winfield Jr. the safety I would want. 

And That’s been a huge part of this team’s defensive problemS. 

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I agree that safety is a long-term need for the Falcons and I am never a one to draft for the short term.

Having said that, do you believe Dimitroff and Quinn are drafting for anything past 2020 right now with their perilous job security?  While Delpit is an excellent safety prospect at the next level, I just don’t see it with our 1st round pick.

We know QUINN loves nickel defenders so I am not ruling it out but find it highly improbable.  I believe safety could come into play at some point in this draft and maybe if Delpit got close to our #47 pick and we didn’t make a trade-up in 1st.

You may very well be right, as I’ve come to question the Atlanta front office’s and HC’s intelligence.....but Grabbing Delpit would probably do more in securing TD/Quinn’s short-term future than any other pick available at 16 would.  

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Delpit is a versatile playmaker.

Him playing single high with his range could affect the QB and the pass rush in Quinn's scheme.

Delpit could also blitz at times as well.

Would be a fun pick but I still doubt it.   I believe Falcons more likely to trade up for Simmons than sit at 16 and Delpit.

44 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I will say this.  High ankle sprains are no joke.  Really takes 6-8 weeks to fully recover with great treatment and rest.   If you play on it, even longer.

I have had 3 high ankle sprains in my life.  Any orthopedist will tell you it’s worse than a broken bone.

I believe this is the play where he jacked his shoulder (2nd tweet, 2 play)

I have a feeling this time around the Falcons are going to make a big move up and get a serious pass rusher in here.  

Of course that's just a gut feeling, but with TD and DQ basically on paper-thin ice for their jobs, I just think now's the time to go all in, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them picking pretty early.  

6 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I mean,  it’s a coin flip.  I’d take Delpit over Winfield Jr, though

I don't even think it's close to a coin flip honestly. Delpit is that much better. Delpit is on another level when healthy. The tackling woes are overstated. Even if he whiffs, he at least shows effort in trying. 

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Not that easy. I'm a massive fan of Winfield and had him in every mock but my last one, but Delpit might have the best range of any safety I've ever seen coming out of college. It's jawdropping tbh. He covers 50 yards running sideways to make PDs in multiple games.

This is one of the reasons I'm taking Delpit over Winfield Jr. Even Winfield Jr's highlight tapes aren't that impressive, and that's where you're suppose to shine the most at. I just saw a lot of gimme ints and not a guy attacking the ball like Delpit does. You want a guy who can cover the entire field in deep safety looks, then you better go with Delpit.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

I’ve had two myself. Horrid. One took dam near a year, and kept going out on me

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Who you think the pick is? 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RaichuFTW said:

If we are unable to trade up, I almost certain we will draft Kenneth Murray. Just a feeling.

LSU game showed Murray is terrible in coverage and that wont translate to NFL. Especia;;y when you are playing Brady and Brees 4 times a year. You gotta have LBs that can cover. Brady and Brees and all dink and dunk and work the middle of the field. 1 WR strentching you deep. Another stretching you across. And slots, RBs and TEs working the underneath.

Edited by Refried Beans
38 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Who you think the pick is? 

No one knows for sure as too many factors.  I am highly confident it will be defense - hardly makes me Sherlock Holmes.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was like 2016 when everyone was shocked we took Neal a round earlier than everyone thought.

Rappoport hinted there will be more surprised than usual as the media types get consensus from the workout days at the college campuses from talking to scouts and GMs.

guesses:

Jeff Okudah (trade up)

CJ Henderson (trade up)

Isaiah Simmons (trade up)

Derrick Brown (trade up)

Javon Kinlaw

AJ Terrell

Patrick Queen (trade down)

Grant Delpit (trade down - you guys have worn me down)

Xavier McKinney (trade down)

36 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

No one knows for sure as too many factors.  I am highly confident it will be defense - hardly makes me Sherlock Holmes.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was like 2016 when everyone was shocked we took Neal a round earlier than everyone thought.

Rappoport hinted there will be more surprised than usual as the media types get consensus from the workout days at the college campuses from talking to scouts and GMs.

guesses:

Jeff Okudah (trade up)

CJ Henderson (trade up)

Isaiah Simmons (trade up)

Derrick Brown (trade up)

Javon Kinlaw

AJ Terrell

Patrick Queen (trade down)

Grant Delpit (trade down - you guys have worn me down)

Xavier McKinney (trade down)

May have to put Winfield Jr in there as well.

It has been reported that teams love him. It's just hard to say how high his draft stock has truly risen because of the circumstances through this year's draft season.

Winfield could be one of those big surprises that was advertised.

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Delpit will be a great pick...

at 47.

I agree.  
I would like to have Kinlaw in the first, or one of the top 3 LB.   Safety in the second.

We really could use an elite LB.   Simmons/Murray/Queen would be awesome to pair up with Jones.  
We missed out on one of the Devin’s at LB last year.   Need to make amends.....

5 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

LSU game showed Murray is terrible in coverage and that wont translate to NFL. Especia;;y when you are playing Brady and Brees 4 times a year. You gotta have LBs that can cover. Brady and Brees and all dink and dunk and work the middle of the field. 1 WR strentching you deep. Another stretching you across. And slots, RBs and TEs working the underneath.

Yeah I think this was the wrong game to suggest Murray was a liability in coverage. Aside from Oklahoma having a garbage secondary, Murray covered his assignment the best he could. If the DB's were able to match the LSU receivers, Burrow doesn't have no where close to the game he had against them, or at least he would have had to find another way to do it. Murray buzzed the flats, stuck to his guy in man, and locked up the middle for underneath stuff. Even if he didn't do any of that, LSU was the buzz saw no one wanted to see anyway, and Oklahoma's unspectacular defense was certainly not a team that could stand up to LSU.

19 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

I agree.  
I would like to have Kinlaw in the first, or one of the top 3 LB.   Safety in the second.

We really could use an elite LB.   Simmons/Murray/Queen would be awesome to pair up with Jones.  
We missed out on one of the Devin’s at LB last year.   Need to make amends.....

The miss on LB Duke Riley really hurt the team - that and CB Jalen Collins - two LSU misses after hitting on Debo.