What's your worst draft scenario?

The more I look at evaluations and mocks, it seems like we are likely to come away with a few good players in this year's draft regardless of what positions the FO targets.

So how do you think we could blow it?

For me it would be moving up for a cornerback. Unless Okudah were to inexplicably fall to the back end of the top 10, I do not see the value.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moving up for anyone other than Young, Simmons, Brown or Okudah

The more I look at evaluations and mocks, it seems like we are likely to come away with a few good players in this year's draft regardless of what positions the FO targets. So how do you think we

25 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

The more I look at evaluations and mocks, it seems like we are likely to come away with a few good players in this year's draft regardless of what positions the FO targets.

So how do you think we could blow it?

For me it would be moving up for a cornerback. Unless Okudah were to inexplicably fall to the back end of the top 10, I do not see the value.

Agreed. Trading up for Henderson would be my nightmare. Also staying put and not trading back for someone that would easily go in the 20's

6 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Agreed. Trading up for Henderson would be my nightmare. Also staying put and not trading back for someone that would easily go in the 20's

Agree with Henderson. Don't trade up for him.

Disagree with the second part. We as fans don't know what anybody's draft boards looks like. And the recent tweets from D. Jeremiah and Ian Rappoport suggesting to see a good bit of surprises in terms of where guys are drafted this year is also eye opening for me.

47 minutes ago, CTann said:

Not to succumb to groupthink, and this was already my attitude regardless of others’ influences, but trading up any number of spots for Henderson would be the reason this 60” Samsung TV gets torn off its wall mount and hurled out the back window.

Please take it off the wall mount and ship it to me! I'll PM you my address haha

1 hour ago, The Don™ said:

Agree with Henderson. Don't trade up for him.

Disagree with the second part. We as fans don't know what anybody's draft boards looks like. And the recent tweets from D. Jeremiah and Ian Rappoport suggesting to see a good bit of surprises in terms of where guys are drafted this year is also eye opening for me.

I guess I'm talking about my personal draft board, which doesn't mean a hill of beans compared to other teams draft boards. But I would like more compensation if I don't feel the pick warrants a 16 pick. That's my rationale as twisted as it may seem 

1 minute ago, Doug Carlton said:

1) Moving up for ANYONE

2) taking a WR in the 1st

3) taking Chaisson or Henderson or Fulton or Diggs with the 16th

4) NOT drafting a starting CB, LB, G and DE (Replace Trufant, Campbell, black hole at LOG and Takk's replacement after training camp)

:lol: I think you might be disappointed, not least of all in that you're expecting 4 starters to come out of our 6 picks.

At this point, I'd say Simmons is the only player we have a realistic chance of moving up for who I would accept at that price.

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment but I trust our front office more than most to evaluate and draft well in these strange circumstances. Obviously, there was no way anyone saw this coming but it is actually a good thing we were not trying to install a new front office and coaching staff this year.

DQ seems adept at identifying players that fit into his defense, especially DB. I do not want to move up for Henderson. I don't even want him at 16 but given their track record at DB I'd have to give then the benefit of the doubt.

3 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

expecting big things out of the draft

First round picks have a 'bust' rate of around 50%. That increases significantly as you go down the rounds. Coming out of any draft with 4 starters would be an incredible, albeit unlikely haul - even more so when you only have 6 picks.

Expecting 3 or more starters to come out of a given draft class almost guarantees you'll end up being disappointed.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

:lol: I think you might be disappointed, not least of all in that you're expecting 4 starters to come out of our 6 picks.

I think 3 could be reasonable. Your 1st and 2nd round picks better start. Then depending on what positions they draft, a mid rounder could start. Maybe not day one but I could see a guard earning some starts if Brown or Carpenter don't step it up this year. Or if there are injuries. I would also consider a base LB or Nickel/Dime CB who contributes on special teams a starters.

I guess the quality of those starts is a different matter.

Edited by Run 'n' Shoot